Martinez/reyes 2010 #2

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I saw a shot I like now that is a combination of frank's and ace's shots. I hope i didn't hijack this shot without seeing somebody mention it, i do that often :frus

Anyway, i'd concentrate on cb 100%. looks like a lot of good stuff can happen. I'd hit this with some inside myself, makes it easier for me to judge.

Attachments

• mr2.jpg
    mr2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 0

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
well rafael decided to play the combo
4 ball into the stripe and float behind the balls by efrens pocket
the beauty of the shot is that it opens up the balls for rafael

to answer babys question efren was trying to put rafael in the corner behind all those balls since nothing was open to go in his pocket
efren was short on his speed and thats why he came up short
rafael also had him in a very difficult position to get there

now that part of the table is not available for a safety
mr3.jpg

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I saw a shot I like now that is a combination of frank's and ace's shots. I hope i didn't hijack this shot without seeing somebody mention it, i do that often

Anyway, i'd concentrate on cb 100%. looks like a lot of good stuff can happen. I'd hit this with some inside myself, makes it easier for me to judge.

Tyler,

I must not be very good at describing my shots verbally...That is the exact shot I proposed, (sse post #6 and #8) that you said you didn't like at all...:eek:..Also happens to be the first shot Bill Stroud descibed in post #2) "Now ya see it, now ya don't".huh ?...:confused:...Good news is, we need young, computer savvy guy's like you, who can learn all that Greencrap stuff, real quick.. :)
In case you haven't noticed, besides myself, there is Billy I., Billy S., Beard, Brumback, and several other computer dummy's around..:eek:

PS..Oh well, the Doctor knew what I was describing...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Tyler,

I must not be very good at describing my shots verbally...That is the exact shot I proposed, (sse post #6 and #8) that you said you didn't like at all....Also happens to be the first shot Bill Stroud descibed in post #2) "Now ya see it, now ya don't".huh ?......Good news is, we need young, computer savvy guy's like you, who can learn all that Greencrap stuff, real quick.. :)
In case you haven't noticed, besides myself, there is Billy I., Billy S., Beard, Brumback, and several other computer dummy's around..

PS..Oh well, the Doctor knew what I was describing...:rolleyes:
Rod's illustration of the shot is perfectly described in post #7, the angle is a natural angle to ...FLOAT....not punch.:sorry That's one of the appealing parts of the shot...to FLOAT...much easier to control the cue ball, in terms of ..direction and speed...Bingo.

Like I mentioned the shot that Rod drew up and Martinez shot was ...hands down... the best shot, providing the angle offered was natural to execute it.

You're right Dick, about us dummy's not learning the GreenShot, that would clear up a lot of crap that gets thrown around.;):sorry

Billy I.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Martinez has a very threatening position, to say the least. There are two shots that I think are options, depending on your skill level.

The challenging and most effective shot would be to draw the cue ball off the 15 ball and try to go towards the stripe in front of Martinez 's pocket. You would like to hit the cushion before hitting the stripe, but good things can happen for you if you happen to hit the stripe first. But what you can't afford to do is let up on your stroke and hit the side rail too far in front of the stripe:(, then you lose.

Lets look at the option that would serve players with lesser ability. I suggest rolling on the 7 ball and positioning the cue ball near the top cushion, utilizing the 6..14..and 1 balls as blockers. This shot will leave a difficult shot on the 2 ball that will carry a penalty if missed...15 ball...:eek: This shot will not get you out of the trap but it will buy a little time, and some times that's all that's needed. Every so often your opponent may try something he shouldn't then your out of the trap.;)

When you don't know what to do, or when your skill level isn't good enough to do certain things...as they say in chess...MOVE A PAWN..

Billy I.

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
Punt

Punt

I believe I'd nudge the five ball into the rail and leave the cue ball hooked behind (or frozen to) the ten.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
since rafael opened up the balls toward his pocket on his last shot
efrens safety options were limited
efren tried to tie up the balls again on rafaels side by shooting this
er3.jpg

er4.jpg
he left rafael like this
rafael this time shot the 14 into the 1
this time with the 11 there the 1 came off the rail caromed into the 11 and went in the pocket
rafael got behind the 5
made the 5-13 combo and ran a
few balls