Onepocket.org players at the Derby

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Just a quick note, with OnePocket.org spitting Banks sponsorship between two players -- Freddy 'The Beard' Bentivegna and Steve Booth -- as of the first day, both Freddy and Steve won their matches. Freddy drew none other than another OnePocket.org player, Billy Stroud, and Freddy prevailed 3-1. Steve also won his first match 3-1 over a new DCC player from Chicago named Jaime Gallegos (sp?). So far, we are hanging with the best of them :D

There looks to be a strong field here this year. I had read somewhere there was a conflict with some "world" event, but maybe not, since the Filipinos are here in force -- Efren, Busty, Orcullo, Santos and Parica all spotted. Grady is here, and actually playing in the Banks himself.

I'll get back later tonight...

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
Just a quick note, with OnePocket.org spitting Banks sponsorship between two players -- Freddy 'The Beard' Bentivegna and Steve Booth -- as of the first day, both Freddy and Steve won their matches. Freddy drew none other than another OnePocket.org player, Billy Stroud, and Freddy prevailed 3-1. Steve also won his first match 3-1 over a new DCC player from Chicago named Jaime Gallegos (sp?). So far, we are hanging with the best of them :D

There looks to be a strong field here this year. I had read somewhere there was a conflict with some "world" event, but maybe not, since the Filipinos are here in force -- Efren, Busty, Orcullo, Santos and Parica all spotted. Grady is here, and actually playing in the Banks himself.

I'll get back later tonight...

And here I am schmuckin it away at work.. nice job on the first round - keep it going!

As my retired HR director says.. somebody's gotta work to pay for all your SS benefits. :p

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Couple of pics -- I'll try to put more up tonight or early AM. Look here eventually, but for now only a couple:

http://www.poolinaction.com/2012Tournaments-1/Derby-City-Classic-2012

Stroud under the watchful eye of 'The Beard'

The Beard

Deeman

Verified Member
And here I am schmuckin it away at work.. nice job on the first round - keep it going!

As my retired HR director says.. somebody's gotta work to pay for all your SS benefits. :p

I just could not stay away so here I am. :)

DeeMan

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I lost 3 games to 1 against Harriman. I lost one tough one where I got a little bad luck bump on the cue ball and scratched at the same time I made what would have been my game ball. Ouch, that was a two game swing because Danny won that game.

Buy back and try again.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I lost 3 games to 1 against Harriman. I lost one tough one where I got a little bad luck bump on the cue ball and scratched at the same time I made what would have been my game ball. Ouch, that was a two game swing because Danny won that game.

Buy back and try again.

perseverance will pay off (i hope):)

Jimmy B

Verified Member

Buy back and try again.

What a cold brutal roll that was. I would have loved to see you beat that guy, and you would have for sure if the table didn't screw you like that. Keep stroking. Good pics there for sure..............

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Great work, Steve. Lots and lots of players I don't know, and a couple of surprises. I see Evgeny Stalev playing Truman Hogue. How long since anyone has seen Stalev? And is that Ronnie Allen, with his arm in a sling? Is there a story behind that?

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Great work, Steve. Lots and lots of players I don't know, and a couple of surprises. I see Evgeny Stalev playing Truman Hogue. How long since anyone has seen Stalev? And is that Ronnie Allen, with his arm in a sling? Is there a story behind that?

I saw most of that match too Vapros. Stalev looks thiner and poorer each time I see him. I wish I could give 20 lbs. I wonder if I'm the only person that thinks about things like that. Like transfering body weight from me to a real slender person who needs it. He probably likes the way he is though. I always enjoyed it when I was pencil thin and running around the table drinking beer and smoking one cigarette after another. And then get with some girl and smoke something else and then....................................

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Great.....

Great.....

...pictures Steve and kudos to you and Freddie.Were all proud of y'all,cheers,Bob

Deeman

Verified Member

Vapros,

I last saw him at Allen's Valley Forge event years ago. He said he had been back in Russia for a while. He said he was struggling to get his game straight. I took it he had a health issue from the way he talked.

DeeMan

Deeman

Verified Member
Anyone know how Bernie came out iin his match with Martinez? Wish I could have stayed for that one.

DeeMan

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Anyone know how Bernie came out iin his match with Martinez? Wish I could have stayed for that one.

DeeMan

They just started the hill/hill game. Both areplaying well and is a long match. I had to leave and get ready for the dinner.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
not that it matters to this forum or anything..:rolleyes:..but...anybody know how our onepocket.org representative - The Ghost is doing in the tournament ???

- Gh:hehst

Last edited:

Deeman

Verified Member
Congrats both Bernie and Bruce! Keep up the excellent play.

Ghost, in honor of you I am wearing my new shirt all day! :)

DeeMan

DWS

Verified Member
From
Chicago
Update on sponsored player Ghost

Update on sponsored player Ghost

not that it matters to this forum or anything..:rolleyes:..but...anybody know how our onepocket.org representative - The Ghost is doing in the tournament ???

- Gh:hehst

For those of you who donated and are interested the Ghost drew a tough room owner from Ohio in his first match and lost. Next up after the buyback was a european nine ball player which he beat and then a guy from down south which he also beat. As luck would have it, two years in a row the cursed Ghost goes all the way to Louisville to end up drawing a guy from Chicago he can play seven nights a week if he wants and it's no cupcake draw. He plays Ike Runnels tonight at ten. Ike is way tough but Ghost beat him last year and hopefully will do the same tonight. Good luck Ghost. Ike is a good guy, but take him down!! Will post more when ai know more.