Who had or has the best stroke?

Jimmy B

Verified Member
....a guy nobody knows named Don Gibson in the 60's had the best I ever saw.Buddy as mentioned is near the top.Dennis Searcy had one of the best.I see some of the players from 40's-50's playing 14.1 on the 10 footers had real short bridges especially Crane.Hoppe had a most fluid stroke that was truly beautiful.I never saw Worst,Moore or Willie,cheers,James

Yes he also had one of the best songs ever called 'Sea Of Heartbreak' back then.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Sea.....

Sea.....

.....of Heartbreak was and is one of my favorites Mr. B.I wish it was the same Don Gibson as we could of made Johnston City with the record proceeds.He never had any but boy did we have some good times.Thanks for the memories,Bob

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
.....of Heartbreak was and is one of my favorites Mr. B.I wish it was the same Don Gibson as we could of made Johnston City with the record proceeds.He never had any but boy did we have some good times.Thanks for the memories,Bob

Either of you geezers remember Sea of Love by the great white one hit wonder Phil Phillips circa 1959? Alas, I knew him well.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Either of you geezers remember Sea of Love by the great white one hit wonder Phil Phillips circa 1959? Alas, I knew him well.

Yes sir. I remember it from in the past and of course in the Pacino movie too. John Phillip Baptiste aka Phil Phillip. I just wonder why his original version didnt chart, but other people had hits with the song later on. I watched the movie about five times just up late at night on HBO or whatever. I loved Ellen Barkins work in that movie even though she is not my kind of woman. I always like the petite totally submissive teens. Do you have any stories about Phil or the song or movie?? When I first saw the flick I thought it was quite eerie and dramatic and violent and entertaining, and I think they used the Phillip recording but I'm not sure about that. Between Pacino paranoid behavior and her psychotic husband, they put the Barkin character through the paces didn't they?????!!

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Sigel's stroke wasn't anything really amazing to look at, but in terms of accuracy I loved it. It was the perfect combination (to play great pool) between power and accuracy.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I'd love to comment, but have no idea how it's supposed to look. :frus
I just watch to see if the balls go. :) when they keep going, I'm impressed !
Rod.
P.S. Only been playing 60 years, maybe soon I'll figure out what to look for.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Rod, I thought about asking you what you did before age 30, but then I decided not to. That would have been mean. :heh

Deeman

Verified Member
Rod, I thought about asking you what you did before age 30, but then I decided not to. That would have been mean. :heh

Rod was, of course, involved in the Black Sox scandal before serving as Willy Mosconi's coach, then, of course, there was that Titanic thing earlier. :)

we better be glad Rod takes it as well as he puts it out!

DeeMan

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.

I was trying to talk Moses out of wearing short pants. They looked silly. Knob knees and all. :D:p
Rod.
P.S. He couldn't make a spot shot. Pure sucker. Lotta theory like Artie.:frus