Bugs vs. Daulton 1992 L.O.P.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I am kicking at the five.

The spanking at DCC on that greased lightning table was largely due to poor execution from both me and the Ghost. We had plenty of opportunities and did not take advantage of them. You put us in a coma with some of those banks.:frus

Freddie and Ghost im not seeing a whole lot of support for your shot selection here guys

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Nice try

Nice try

Freddie and Ghost im not seeing a whole lot of support for your shot selection here guys

Ohmygosh! My frail onepocket shot ego is devastated! Fat chance of that.

If I start talking onepocket strategy, every filipino gets pencil and paper and takes what I say down. Thats the facts jack. You would do well for yourself to pay careful heed. I aint always right, but I am certainly right more than most.

Beard

If you hung with me I could propel you past that Top Level Shortstop category.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Didnt we argue enough about shot choice in our partner game? Plenty of forum guys sweated the match. We should take a poll about who moved better. Maybe we should ask John Henderson? John, speak up! Ghost has to recuse himself from this poll.

You really don't want to go there.:heh

Dr. Bill

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Alomost looks like teams forming hear. OP and Billy against the Ghost and Freddie. I'm going to start saving up my money so I can bet on the side when they play at next year's DCC.

who you betting on??? ;)
just askin:D

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Ohmygosh! My frail onepocket shot ego is devastated! Fat chance of that.

If I start talking onepocket strategy, every filipino gets pencil and paper and takes what I say down. Thats the facts jack. You would do well for yourself to pay careful heed. I aint always right, but I am certainly right more than most.

Beard

If you hung with me I could propel you past that Top Level Shortstop category.

I am always watching and listening and learning. I dont ever practice probably because i dont have that kids love of the game. However i watch and read about one pocket every chance i get. I appreciate the contributions you and players from your era and before have made to the game. I mean that sincerely. You are probably right about me going to the next level if i hung with you for awhile. I learned alot from Johnny Ervolino, i know alot of people had bad stories about him that were probably true but he was always nice to me and wife. He stayed at my place for 2 months about 10 years ago and we played everyday. Believe it or not Freddie i have a decent beat list which most people have no clue about:) I really like this forum there is alot of intelligent strategy traded here and discussed and i also like the good natured needling.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Just now looked at this thread for the first time...that said...I'm surprised nobody saw what I believe I would shoot here...this effective, and simple to execute shot >>>

I would softly bunt the 12ball straight ahead (making sure not to graze the 13 with the cueball), having it just touch the bottom rail, with the cueball stopping froze to the bottom-left edge of the 13ball...and with this shot you've also accomplished opening up the 12 and 13 balls so they go in your pocket now.

- Ghost

Ghosty,

Is this the shot you espouse? If so, do you like it better than kicking one rail at the 5 ball? If so, why would you leave Shannon on that side of the table if you could avoid it?

Dennis

Ghosty's Shot.jpg

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I wonder why Freddie is not refuting our rebuttal?

Well, nurse Bill....Since you "wonder why", I'll tell you, since I just got off the phone with him....you're wrong about him changing his mind about the shot - he hasn't....he hasn't rebutted, because as he always tells/advises me - there's no point in debating back and forth with either you or Artie, because you're both too stubborn to admit being wrong - unless, it suits a particular agenda of yours (personal or monetary) that you're going to work it for...:heh....but I'll take the time to not heed his advice once again...:)...

If my original choice is not available I would kick at the 5 ball with a soft
speed, seems like an easy kick.

There's a ball-width between the 5 and the rail - perfect for scratching...or, if you don't scratch, you'll probably end up letting him see the 12 and 13, so that he can bank one of them into the other one, or into the stack, balls flying towards his hole, leaving you in big trouble, or costing you the game....yeah, that's really a great shot choice...:rolleyes:

Ghost you know now what I would do in answering your bunt on the 12 ball, i'm interested in knowing what you would do if I bunted the 12 ball and you were next.

Depends how the balls end up...if the 12 doesn't end up frozen, which it probably wont, I can nudge it froze at a 45 degree angle and leave you froze to it...or I can draw back to the bottom rail off of the 13ball....and also, as Freddy and I just discussed on the phone - there is the value of opening up the 12 and 13 so that they will go in our pocket, as I said in my first post - whereafter hacker said he saw "no value" in our shot...

Dr. Bill

- Dr. Ghost

PS, And in case you missed it in another thread - I offered to play as my own partner even-up against you and Freddy - never got an answer from you....sorry, not for big money - mostly for the bragging rights - cuz I will outmove your team...:heh...sorry Freddy...:D

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
- Dr. Ghost

PS, And in case you missed it in another thread - I offered to play as my own partner even-up against you and Freddy - never got an answer from you....sorry, not for big money - mostly for the bragging rights - cuz I will outmove your team...:eek:...:heh

This has to be a joke on the new guy to the site. Am i being punked by Ashton Kutcher? Is Alan Funt from Candid Camera going to pop up. Ghosty staying behind the 12 and 13 balls there is no F***ing way you are going to come away with the best of it. Freddie, You, Billy, Dennis, and John must be screwing with me. There is no way in hell you were a great mover if this shot selection is seriously your choice

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
This has to be a joke on the new guy to the site. Am i being punked by Ashton Kutcher? Is Alan Funt from Candid Camera going to pop up. Ghosty staying behind the 12 and 13 balls there is no F***ing way you are going to come away with the best of it. Freddie, You, Billy, Dennis, and John must be screwing with me. There is no way in hell you were a great mover if this shot selection is seriously your choice

Ok hacker, I'll fess up...I'm just working this to try and get that 10-7 from you...:D

- Ghost

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Give it up Ghosty, he's on to us. John, Freddy, Billy and I tried our best to help you get a game:sorry.

Dennis

LOL Nice try guys.:sorry I might have fallen for the trap but those shot selections you guys made were so moronic and stupid there was no way they could of been your real selections. LMFAO :):D :lol

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
- Dr. Ghost

PS, And in case you missed it in another thread - I offered to play as my own partner even-up against you and Freddy - never got an answer from you....sorry, not for big money - mostly for the bragging rights - cuz I will outmove your team...:heh...sorry Freddy...

Ghost, I really like you and I have a tremendous amount of respect for your moving ability, but it's lessening at a rapid rate.:sorry

Beware of The Hacker.:D:D:D
Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
- Dr. Ghost

PS, And in case you missed it in another thread - I offered to play as my own partner even-up against you and Freddy - never got an answer from you....sorry, not for big money - mostly for the bragging rights - cuz I will outmove your team...:heh...sorry Freddy...

Ghost, I really like you and I have a tremendous amount of respect for your moving ability, but it's lessening at a rapid rate.:sorry

Beware of The Hacker.:D:D:D
Dr. Bill

Billy, do you think we can take Ghost and freddie?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i have to get this question off my chest:eek:
if bugs shot this in this game why was shooting the 10 in the game we are taliking about so ridiculous that no one commented on it to be polite??
bb2.jpg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
- Dr. Ghost

PS, And in case you missed it in another thread - I offered to play as my own partner even-up against you and Freddy - never got an answer from you....sorry, not for big money - mostly for the bragging rights - cuz I will outmove your team.....sorry Freddy...

Ghost, I really like you and I have a tremendous amount of respect for your moving ability, but it's lessening at a rapid rate.

Beware of The Hacker.
Dr. Bill

How can you make a move knowing before hand that you'll end up trapped? :confused:And if you get out of the trap consider your self lucky.:)

As far as the kick on the 5 ball is concerned, i'll lay at least 3 to 1 I don't scratch and i'm stealing laying those odds.:D Worst case scenario is I scratch, then what would you do next.:)
You wouldn't want to play out both ends of this debate would you? Or Freddie. And yes you can coach one another.;)

Dr. Bill