Fusco vs Varner 1991 L.O.P.

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
Game 3 ... It's Varner's shot ... what to do ?

Attachments

• Varner Fusco what to do 1.jpg
    Varner Fusco what to do 1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 0

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I'm going to cross that ball near the head rail and send it towards my pocket but really I'm playing whitie to come back and stay behind those blockers. If I take a scratch off the end rail and leave whitie behiind the blockers, he will two rail the ball near the head rail towards his pocket and I'll be in reactive mode. This way, I'm leading him by the nose instead of vice versa.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
I'm with....

I'm with....

....Petie and cross the ball thats uptable and run the cue back and forth with it ending uptable and hiding so as he doesnt have anything but a long shot at best and maybe completely blocked.Right ON Petie,cheers,Bob

onepockethacker

Verified Member
....Petie and cross the ball thats uptable and run the cue back and forth with it ending uptable and hiding so as he doesnt have anything but a long shot at best and maybe completely blocked.Right ON Petie,cheers,Bob

Im banking the ball thats uptable to my hole with right english on the cueball and coming 3 rails with the cueball down on my side where he cant make anything

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Im banking the ball thats uptable to my hole with right english on the cueball and coming 3 rails with the cueball down on my side where he cant make anything

if i understand you correctly
you are bringing both the object ball and the cue ball towards your pocket
is that right??
if it is arent you leaving him a shot if you miss???just askin???

peties shot hides the object ball
isnt that better???

onepockethacker

Verified Member
if i understand you correctly
you are bringing both the object ball and the cue ball towards your pocket
is that right??
if it is arent you leaving him a shot if you miss???just askin???

peties shot hides the object ball
isnt that better???

The speed im hitting the shot with if the object ball misses my pocket it is going back uptable on my side. The problem with Petes shot is all the balls go in the opponents pocket except the 2 that are almost touching each other

timdog24

Verified Member
If there's no kiss, I might bank that ball that's uptable with a little below center left english and control the rock in between that stripe in the middle of the table and the ball that's right next to the cue ball. The cue ball should end up a diamond under the side pocket.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
I like.....

I like.....

......OPH's shot also,didnt think of that,but I'll stay uptable....cheers,B

onepockethacker

Verified Member
......OPH's shot also,didnt think of that,but I'll stay uptable....cheers,B

Be aware that both balls on either side of the cueball go in Fuscos pocket. Thats why im bringing the cueball 3 rails back down table
Look at the size of the pockets, they are huge! with new cloth probably. Do you really want to leave a guy shooting at his hole. If the pockets were extremely tight i would leave the cueball uptable and dare him to shoot. Not in this case though. I dont think people take pocket size into consideration on some of these shots. The right shot varies alot of times on the size of the pocket

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
It looks like Nick should be able to skim off either the ball he is up against or one of the other balls right there and go two rails down to the bottom rail. If that is available, I am doing that. I don't see much reward in comparison to the risk of banking at that loose ball from here.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2012-02-13_09-51-36.jpg
    Greenshot_2012-02-13_09-51-36.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 0

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
oph
i dont know if you use the diamonds or play by feel but to not hit the grouped balls on fuscos side the cue ball cant come much higher than 1.5 diamonds up from the lower right (looking from the foot rail) corner without the risk of hitting those balls
due to the angle off the left side rail the cue has to take to the short rail to stay within 1.5 diamonds on the right side rail
i dont think you can hit the stripe to make it and have the the cue ball take the required path
icbw

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
A cookie from me

A cookie from me

It looks like Nick should be able to skim off either the ball he is up against or one of the other balls right there and go two rails down to the bottom rail. If that is available, I am doing that. I don't see much reward in comparison to the risk of banking at that loose ball from here.

Steve, I would award you a cookie from my cannister for that shot. I spotted it right away. I was waiting for other intelligentsia to chime in.

Beard

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Steve, I would award you a cookie from my cannister for that shot. I spotted it right away. I was waiting for other intelligentsia to chime in.

Beard

He is going to put the cueball the same place i am the difference is im shooting a free shot at my hole and if i make i get another move. You have to come into 21st century one pocket

3zss

From
Near Dallas, TX
I agree with Steve and Fred. Sorry, OnePocketHacker, does not matter what century-a flyer is a flyer. To much risk vs reward involved in your shot IMHO.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I agree with Steve and Fred. Sorry, OnePocketHacker, does not matter what century-a flyer is a flyer. To much risk vs reward involved in your shot IMHO.

Thats good guys. You know what they say... man has got to know his limitations. If my shot looks like a flyer dont pass go and dont collect your 200. If you want to play at the highest level you have to be able to recognize free shots like this bank. You also have to have the ability to execute. Some of us can some cant.:D

onepockethacker

Verified Member
oph
i dont know if you use the diamonds or play by feel but to not hit the grouped balls on fuscos side the cue ball cant come much higher than 1.5 diamonds up from the lower right (looking from the foot rail) corner without the risk of hitting those balls
due to the angle off the left side rail the cue has to take to the short rail to stay within 1.5 diamonds on the right side rail
i dont think you can hit the stripe to make it and have the the cue ball take the required path
icbw

This shot is a hanger to get the cueball safe and take the required path. it lays perfect.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Totally....

Totally....

....unrelated so I will apoligize in advance but Sang Lee would shoot Steve's shot if he were at the table as he usually shoots the closest ball.I personally like all 3 shots,I wonder what was done.........

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Thats good guys. You know what they say... man has got to know his limitations. If my shot looks like a flyer dont pass go and dont collect your 200. If you want to play at the highest level you have to be able to recognize free shots like this bank. You also have to have the ability to execute. Some of us can some cant.:D

Heck, I'm a pilot and I wouldn't shoot that flyer:D

200, is that the bet?

Last edited:

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
The "East Coast Wedge"

The "East Coast Wedge"

This game becomes a "wedge" game. I personally feel to call a wedge game the "Varner Wedge" is inaccurate. Fusco is very comfortable playing the wedge here. Not to detract from Nick, I'm starting a committee to call it the" East Coast Wedge".

p.s. how do u spell comite ?