Fusco vs Varner 1991 L.O.P.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Common mistake

Common mistake

This shot is a hanger to get the cueball safe and take the required path. it lays perfect.

This is one of the most common mistakes made by "shooters" who think they are inventing a "new," modern way to play the game. OPH is so arrogant about it, I will explain why it is so flawed -- to interested parties -- off of a personal PM only.

Beard

onepockethacker

Verified Member
This is one of the most common mistakes made by "shooters" who think they are inventing a "new," modern way to play the game. OPH is so arrogant about it, I will explain why it is so flawed -- to interested parties -- off of a personal PM only.

Beard

Sorry we hurt your feelings when Billy and I called you and Ghost out on your horrible shot selection on the other thread. The shot you and the Ghost chose really showed your asses. Your moves might and i mean MIGHT have worked when nobody played the game but this is a new century. Just like in every other sport the quality and quantity of play has gotten better. You either roll with the changes or you get run the hell over

P.S. I see why they say Ronnie Allen changed the game. He played it like it is played today. He didnt wait around and nip and bunt hoping that his opponents would give wrap a game. he shot their nuts off. After careful consideration i am convinced that Ronnie wouldnt have beat Artie he would of ROBBED him.

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

Beard
I'd like to hear it...

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Sorry we hurt your feelings when Billy and I called you and Ghost out on your horrible shot selection on the other thread. The shot you and the Ghost chose really showed your asses. Your moves might and i mean MIGHT have worked when nobody played the game but this is a new century. Just like in every other sport the quality and quantity of play has gotten better. You either roll with the changes or you get run the hell over

P.S. I see why they say Ronnie Allen changed the game. He played it like it is played today. He didnt wait around and nip and bunt hoping that his opponents would give wrap a game. he shot their nuts off. After careful consideration i am convinced that Ronnie wouldnt have beat Artie he would of ROBBED him.

OPH,

I have been saying that for years...(and not just to piss Fred off).. But, you are a little 'arrogant'..I like that !...Maybe thats why Bucktooth and I got along so well for a long time...:eek:

PS..I have been watching your game..Pretty sporty playing young man.. You have a very good concept of 'modern' one pocket...(however, you are very fortunate your's truly is in retirement)..How's that for arrogant ?...:D

onepockethacker

Verified Member
OPH,

I have been saying that for years...(and not just to piss Fred off).. But, you are a little 'arrogant'..I like that !...Maybe thats why Bucktooth and I got along so well for a long time...:eek:

PS..I have been watching your game..Pretty sporty playing young man.. You have a very good concept of 'modern' one pocket...(however, you are very fortunate your's truly is in retirement)..How's that for arrogant ?...:D

LOL I have no doubt your right bout me being lucky your in retirement( i would have no clue what i would do with all the money i would beat you out of if you were playing) Hows that for arrogant LMFAO Just kidding I know you were a great player as I also know all the guys i tease on here were great players... I just like stirring the pot and I like debates. I like people that can take a stand on a subject and argue it. That being said i am always learning and willing to learn. So if Freddie can convince me why his shot is better than mine i will admit hes right. What people have to realize that there is all different talent levels and natural talent. A shot that may be right for one player may not be right for the other player. The shots i choose and write about in these forums are the shots i shoot and execute in the games whether im playing for $ 20 or $ 5000. I hate the people that say or draw up shots that are high tech and they say this is what they would shoot and than when you see them play they dont do any of it. You people setting up all different kinds of fantastic one pocket shots for fun meanwhile they would never have the balls or confidence to shoot the shot in a game. The shots i setup are the ones im going to shoot everytime!!! The other thing i agree with you on is what you said in earlier post how these guys try to say there is some mystic "chicago" way of playing one pocket. PLEASE
P.S. i might just have the highest winning percentage in the country the last 5 years so i must execute these shots pretty well

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
List 'em

List 'em

LOL I have no doubt your right bout me being lucky your in retirement( i would have no clue what i would do with all the money i would beat you out of if you were playing) Hows that for arrogant LMFAO Just kidding I know you were a great player as I also know all the guys i tease on here were great players... I just like stirring the pot and I like debates. I like people that can take a stand on a subject and argue it. That being said i am always learning and willing to learn. So if Freddie can convince me why his shot is better than mine i will admit hes right. What people have to realize that there is all different talent levels and natural talent. A shot that may be right for one player may not be right for the other player. The shots i choose and write about in these forums are the shots i shoot and execute in the games whether im playing for $ 20 or $ 5000. I hate the people that say or draw up shots that are high tech and they say this is what they would shoot and than when you see them play they dont do any of it. You people setting up all different kinds of fantastic one pocket shots for fun meanwhile they would never have the balls or confidence to shoot the shot in a game. The shots i setup are the ones im going to shoot everytime!!! The other thing i agree with you on is what you said in earlier post how these guys try to say there is some mystic "chicago" way of playing one pocket. PLEASE
P.S. i might just have the highest winning percentage in the country the last 5 years so i must execute these shots pretty well

Do you think you could provide us with a list of all the good players you beat playing even? Re Efren. As much as you know about Efren's qualifications you must have played him many times. Right? With Efren you can list all the many times you played him with a spot if you like. Also Scott Frost, etc.

You also have a good take on Ronnies and Arties game. You seen them both play in their prime, right? --- When was it? Remind me.

Beard

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Do you think you could provide us with a list of all the good players you beat playing even? Re Efren. As much as you know about Efren's qualifications you must have played him many times. Right? With Efren you can list all the many times you played him with a spot if you like. Also Scott Frost, etc.

You also have a good take on Ronnies and Arties game. You seen them both play in their prime, right? --- When was it? Remind me.

Beard

As far as Efren i have never had the pleasure of playing him. The only time Scott Frost and i played anything he got dry humped. I ROBBED him. If you noticed i told you in an earlier post i have a good beat list but unlike you im not trying to sell books and tapes and brainwash players trying to learn the game that you have a mystic way to play the game. You are definitely a guy that lives in the past. Wake up its 2012. Times change. Games and sports evolve. Im sure you still believe Jesse Owens would dominate today...heres a new flash.. high school kids beat his times. Jim Brown was bigger than the defensive linemen who were trying to tackle him. Mark Spitz times couldnt even make an Olympic team today!! The point being all of these people were great in their time period but the sports and athletes got better. Sorry to hit you with a dose of reality. As far as my beat list i like making money, im not on here to tell you who i beat and knock myself.
P.S. Do you think it was an accident i played Billy?

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I think I made myself clear. PM's only -- and that doesnt include The Hacker.

Beard

The reason Freddie does not want to post his mystic strategy is because People like myself, Billy, and SJD call him on it and question his stategy and he doesnt like that. Sell them books and tapes Freddie

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Oh, but you're wrong

Oh, but you're wrong

The reason Freddie does not want to post his mystic strategy is because People like myself, Billy, and SJD call him on it and question his stategy and he doesnt like that. Sell them books and tapes Freddie

I did post my strategy to interested forum members via PM -- just not to you.

Beard

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I did post my strategy to interested forum members via PM -- just not to you.

Beard
aww damn i even wished you a happy valentines day i thought the guys from Chicago had a little thicker skin than this. OK Freddie i will lighten up on you you are too sensitive

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
$364 a month

$364 a month

aww damn i even wished you a happy valentines day i thought the guys from Chicago had a little thicker skin than this. OK Freddie i will lighten up on you you are too sensitive

Try to out-woof me in a pool setting and you will see how sensitive I am. $364 That's what I get from soc security every month. Whatever else I live on comes from my book and DVD sales. Kidding about, and disparaging my knowledge or my instructional stuff aint at all funny to me. My livelihood aint an f'n joke especially coming from a stranger -- which you are to me.

I noticed you became all protective when it came to giving up a line on your play by ignoring the question of how you played with Scott Frost. You see, I actually know better than to ask a question like that on an open forum. I got too many years in the racket to ask a "knock" question to a player in front of strangers. But I knew you wouldnt answer it because to you that area of your business was off limits. Just like my books and DVDs, pal.

As far as Cardone, he and I have been battling for 40 yrs. He can say anything he wants to me. Dont dream that you can come between us or that he is on your side over me. We are lifetime friends. Bound together in a brotherhood that you have not yet earned.

Now, I dont really think that you are really trying to be malicious, just having "fun" maybe, so if you want to start all over, now that we have outlined the boundaries, that is fine with me.

Beard

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Try to out-woof me in a pool setting and you will see how sensitive I am. $364 That's what I get from soc security every month. Whatever else I live on comes from my book and DVD sales. Kidding about, and disparaging my knowledge or my instructional stuff aint at all funny to me. My livelihood aint an f'n joke especially coming from a stranger -- which you are to me.

I noticed you became all protective when it came to giving up a line on your play by ignoring the question of how you played with Scott Frost. You see, I actually know better than to ask a question like that on an open forum. I got too many years in the racket to ask a "knock" question to a player in front of strangers. But I knew you wouldnt answer it because to you that area of your business was off limits. Just like my books and DVDs, pal.

As far as Cardone, he and I have been battling for 40 yrs. He can say anything he wants to me. Dont dream that you can come between us or that he is on your side over me. We are lifetime friends. Bound together in a brotherhood that you have not yet earned.

Now, I dont really think that you are really trying to be malicious, just having "fun" maybe, so if you want to start all over, now that we have outlined the boundaries, that is fine with me.

Beard

Im man enough to admit when i went to far. I want to apologize to Freddie openly about the comments i made about his books and DVDs. Freddie is a leading one pocket authority and his books and DVDs are a must buy for anyone wanting to learn one pocket. That doesnt mean we have to agree on every shot choice or situation. I was just needling you Freddie in hopes that you would get out of line. I went too far and I really do apologize. Im glad you and Billy are lifetime friends and I actually respect both of you(doesnt mean im not going to try and bust you) LOL I like both of your commentaries on one pocket. I have learned alot from both of you over the years.
Sorry I went to far

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Thats what this forum is all about

Thats what this forum is all about

Im man enough to admit when i went to far. I want to apologize to Freddie openly about the comments i made about his books and DVDs. Freddie is a leading one pocket authority and his books and DVDs are a must buy for anyone wanting to learn one pocket. That doesnt mean we have to agree on every shot choice or situation. I was just needling you Freddie in hopes that you would get out of line. I went too far and I really do apologize. Im glad you and Billy are lifetime friends and I actually respect both of you(doesnt mean im not going to try and bust you) LOL I like both of your commentaries on one pocket. I have learned alot from both of you over the years.
Sorry I went to far

You can argue and disagree on shot choice all you want. It aint gonna affect my ego. I have enough ham left to last me two lifetimes. That's the game on this forum. Thanks for the apology. Accepted and acknowledged, totally.

Beard

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I like hackers shot. I have been lucky enough to play only a couple great champs (daulton and reyes), and what I noticed was while i was moving moving moving... all the sudden they would be running out at some point. I think there is a lot of truth to what he's saying about shooting. I know many times after I loose I just feel like I was way too conservative, which I lean toward that style for sure.

To the one comment about both balls coming down there (ob and cb), that situation comes up all the time... smaking a bank at your hole, moving the white to a safe zone, getting a few if you make it. If you worry about the ob too much you will never beat anybody. Further, I dont see the ob on that shot being a problem, it'll go uptable... or you could get realy unlucky and have it rattle and do something funny, but as I said if you worry about all that little stuff you will never win.

To everybody: nice discussion here, I like it when things get a little "fun" and talk some good pool too.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Hackers shot is a very interesting one, yes there is a little gamble with shooting it but if you feel you can execute it then shooting it isn't all that bad. Is it the right shot? For him it probably is, for Freddie or a player who doesn't like it , it's probably not. Playing passively in this situation has it's problems too, you may not sell out a shot immediately but you just may not like your next shot. With the Hackers shot you have a chance to pocket the ball and have the first GOOD move to level the playing field, something you give up by playing safe. What would I do? I guess it depends on how well i'm playing, if i'm striking balls well I'll play the Hackers shot, if not i'll probably duck. But for those who are interested imo it's not a black and white decision. Personally I don't like playing safe from this position, it will probably only get worse for you, so maybe it's time to gamble.

How did I do Dennis?:D

Dr. Bill

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Hackers shot is a very interesting one, yes there is a little gamble with shooting it but if you feel you can execute it then shooting it isn't all that bad. Is it the right shot? For him it probably is, for Freddie or a player who doesn't like it , it's probably not. Playing passively in this situation has it's problems too, you may not sell out a shot immediately but you just may not like your next shot. With the Hackers shot you have a chance to pocket the ball and have the first GOOD move to level the playing field, something you give up by playing safe. What would I do? I guess it depends on how well i'm playing, if i'm striking balls well I'll play the Hackers shot, if not i'll probably duck. But for those who are interested imo it's not a black and white decision. Personally I don't like playing safe from this position, it will probably only get worse for you, so maybe it's time to gamble.

How did I do Dennis?:D

Dr. Bill

Dr. Bill,

RBL is working for a living..(by far, his best option).. so I'll take this question for him..!..You did fine Billy..;)

Your time in the trenches, and commentating,.. is obvious...I may not always agree with a specific shot choice... but it is hard to argue with your well explained logic. Too bad we never matched up the few times we were around each other, but at that time, we played different games.

So, that being said, do not let the 'nuthunter' (RBL)...smother your valuable insight...He is a good writer, but he could never draw his ball as well as you, plus, he ain't too bright...:p :p

The Duck <---Still wuv's RBL, even though he seems to love to pick about 8-10 fights at a time..:D (I can't keep track !)

Last edited: