What's The Rule?

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
1991 Legends Of One Pocket and Strawberry is playing Louie Roberts, Cardone & DiLiberto co-commentating.

Strawberry has this shot:

Shaft's Shot.jpg

He shoots the combo and draws back, the cueball comes right at his cuetip but doesn't hit it:

CapturedPicture_4.Jpeg

Now he has a brain lock. I don't know if he thought the cueball hit his tip or what but he pulls back several inches and SHOOTS AGAIN moving many balls. It seemed like a nervous twitch when he saw he missed the shot, as if he didn't even look at the cueball in front of him, but he clearly pulled back several inches and stroked forward a second time:

CapturedPicture_5.Jpeg

Louie doesn't seem to know that there was much of a problem, he takes a ball out of Straw's pocket and spots it up for the foul. He doesn't call the TD over so the game goes on:confused:.

CapturedPicture_6.Jpeg

What would happen at the D.C.C. if a player did this?

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
I do not.....

I do not.....

.....know what the DCC TD would say.I do know this is a gray area and consequently[sp] there will be more than 1 answer depending on the players and venue.Nice work CB,finding an obscure situ such as this,cheers,Jack

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
When you scatter the balls and it's not your shot. I would accept that as a concession. :)
Rod.
P.S. Had it happen many times. Opponent takes his cuestick ( side of the shaft usually) and rakes the balls.
Same as saying rack'em up and lets play another one. :)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
When you scatter the balls and it's not your shot. I would accept that as a concession. :)
Rod.
P.S. Had it happen many times. Opponent takes his cuestick ( side of the shaft usually) and rakes the balls.
Same as saying rack'em up and lets play another one. :)

I agree. Danny D. also said it was a forfeiture but Louie never called it into question. It was strange, Brooks didn't really seem to do it intentionally (which doesn't matter to me).

Dennis

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I agree. Danny D. also said it was a forfeiture but Louie never called it into question. It was strange, Brooks didn't really seem to do it intentionally (which doesn't matter to me).

Dennis

Louie was a sweet boy. He just wanted to play.
Brook's just had a brain fart.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Louie was a sweet boy. He just wanted to play.
Brook's just had a brain fart.

Louie looked to shoot at his hole every single time at the table, you could see he was lost, I've not seen very many play one-pocket like that. I'm sure he was a terror playing 9-ball with that long stroke of his.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Louie looked to shoot at his hole every single time at the table, you could see he was lost, I've not seen very many play one-pocket like that. I'm sure he was a terror playing 9-ball with that long stroke of his.

Yeah, he was a tough one pocket game for me. :eek: He would give me the 6 playing 10 ball. :D
Rod.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One of a kind, for sure...

One of a kind, for sure...

Yeah, he was a tough one pocket game for me. :eek: He would give me the 6 playing 10 ball. :D
Rod.

As most know, Louie spent his last few months here in Phx, before the end came..(which most around here still doubt, that he took his own life)...He and I could not match up, unless he was drunk, (I could give him 3 picks and the hit, at drinking) and I just did not want it that way.

But I did stake a few guys, just to give him some action, and the guys I put in the box, found it very hard to focus on winning, because we were all were having so much fun listening to his endless banter. He was unique, to say the least...As Rod said.."The boy just wanted to play", he could care less about owed balls, or, as he called them 'bullshit rules'..

His values, and approach to gambling, were so in tune with mine, I really felt him to be a kindred spirit..We did tip a few, which was even more fun..Always fun to party with a "babe magnet"..:D

R.I.P. Louie...Save me a table, and a seat at the bar..;)

Last edited: