10 Ball Tournament February 18th, 2012 @ Red Shoes Billiards

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
Red Shoes Billiards will be hosting a TEN BALL TOURNAMENT Saturday February 18th, 2012. Sign-up 12:00 pm (NOON). $50 entry fee (green fee included), ***$500.00 ADDED MONEY***(based on a full field), Double Elimination event. For additional info or to register contact: John Lavin @ Red Shoes Billiards 12009 S. Pulaski Rd. Alsip, Illinois 60803 (tel.708-388-3700 or website: redshoesbilliards.com)

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Its good to see Jerry Brock playing on the Big Truck stream tonight........

dmgwalsh

Verified Member
John:

Is Bobby playing in this one? I may have to keep Debbie occupied for him. :cool:

All on the up and up, of course. It's a tough job, but ......

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
She is the cutest

She is the cutest

Why "Yes", I think Bob is coming....but as important as that, he is bringing the lovely "Debbie" (LOL). See "yall" in the "mornin".

Little Debbie, Bobby Hunter's girl friend is just the cutest thing that there is. Very friendly and loves pool. I get a kick out of her. A great little girl. Bobby is very lucky.

My old pal, George Pawalski plans on attending but he wont play, even tho is he going to try and reconstruct his game at age 67. He and I plan on driving down together and playing in the Banks toun in Cinn. next month. He wanted to play in Red Shoe's 10 ball tourn but his health hasnt improved to the point where he can break the balls as hard as would be required. George used to play real, real good. That included a 94 and out on Luther Lassiter. I would have also loved to have seen him in a draw-the-ball contest with Larry Nevel.

Beard

hitnandpikn

Verified Member
any new blood

any new blood

Results: 1st & 2nd (split) Jeff Carter/Sergio Perez, 3rd Tom Karabatsos, 4th Tony Yard, 5th-6th Bobby Hunter/ Ike Runnels

Where are all the young guns? This looks like a result from my old Billiard News rags from the early 80's. Don't any of the younger players in Chicago play 9' tourneys, or can it be they ust can't get it done?

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
We have two young "padewans" (young players) in training. Both are 18 years old. Both played in the tournament and were knocked out just short of the cash. In that type of field...nothing to be ashamed of. One went on to win $300 playing one pocket against a "visiting player" after the tournament. The problem with bringing "young" players along and actually making them "Jedi Masters" is...If a player shows talent at an early age (rare enough in today's computer dominated world)...some "league team" captain finds them and will try to turn them into a "league champion". Not there is anything wrong with bar table leagues, I sponsor a number of teams in many different leagues, but finding a young player willing to get at the bottom of the "food chain" and working their way up is getting harder and harder. Everybody wants short term gratification. It is much easier to be applauded by the "bar crowd" on a nightly basis, than listening to the "old players" at the pool room about how to master shots and situations. Why even my own kid (girl....27) who has talent for the game, became a league champion. She has (and or had) multiple state amateur titles and even a national amateur title a couple of years ago. YES I AM VERY PROUD OF HER and I am behind her in whatever she decides to do (pool or otherwise). That being said....If she had decided to take the game to another level....no better place existed in the mid-west than mine (for training to be a Pro pool player). So in today's day and age...young big table players are a rarity.