Tunica?

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Who plans to attend? Since it is in the state of Mississippi... I will be there... May even pull the 5th wheel and bring the smoker to cook some ribs...
Don't worry, if I bring the camper I will make sure I have a case of Jack with me to try and weaken John H...

B

Deeman

Verified Member
How can I stay away, ribs and Jack? What are the dates and which hotel is the event scheduled for?

DeeMan
Will bring some ribs to throw on the spit.... :)

Deeman

Verified Member
http://southernclassictournament.com/Home/tabid/210/Default.aspx

Here is the website... I am assuming that though the website needs to change Derby Language in the text... and get the links for payment made for each event... that it is a go...

B

Billie,

Well, I just talked DeeWoman into the trip. Now I want to get Ace to sign on so I have my bodyguard on hand as well. :) I was born in Helena, just a few minutes south and grew up in Memphis so I'll have plenty of "fans" to turn to!

DeeMan

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
Layout

Layout

Does anyone know if the layout will be more localized than that Indiana or will it be the same with the hotel over in this quarter section and venue over yonder a quarter mile or so....?

The Renfro

Bille,

I'll definitely will be there.....We will be doing the table layouts in the next 2 months... There should be no mile long treks since the Harrahs layout isn't broken up by an Indian burial ground LOL.....

Still looking to talk to you about the active duty troops stuff.. Sooo when you have some time let me know........ And check your email LOL

P00lh0li0

Verified Member
Billie,

Well, I just talked DeeWoman into the trip. Now I want to get Ace to sign on so I have my bodyguard on hand as well. :) I was born in Helena, just a few minutes south and grew up in Memphis so I'll have plenty of "fans" to turn to!

DeeMan

Helena, AR?

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Yes, Helena, Arkansas. :)

I've played poker in the game run by the Sheriff in Marvel Arkansas. :p

Rod,
P.S. I'm no good with dates, but it was a long time ago. The bridge to mississippi was new and the toll was high, about $2.00 for a pickup truck. :eek:

P00lh0li0

Verified Member

Rod,
P.S. I'm no good with dates, but it was a long time ago. The bridge to mississippi was new and the toll was high, about $2.00 for a pickup truck. :eek:

That must have been before me. It's always been free to cross as long as I remember....from mid 70's on.

SJDinPHX

Suspended

Rod,

Poolholio's post, is not surprising..If you found a soft game..you probably paid for the cost of the bridge, in toll $$$, by 1970...:rolleyes: ;) :D

Deeman

Verified Member

Rod,

rod,

I was there when they built the bridge and paid the $2 many, many times. I was three miles from Marvel, home of Cpnway Twitty and one of the members of The Band that one lady on this sight swore was not from there! :)

The sheriffs were always and still running poker games and selling good corn liquor! Marvell had the best Bar-be- que in Arkansas and that is saying something.

The first two humans I saw killed were also in Marvell, both at different times, one victim of that corn mash and the second unfortunate enough to "escape" from the Phillips County Penal Farm. my uncle still farms 27,000 acres there and had open heart surgerynin Memphis today. He started with less than 300 acres over 50 years ago and believe me he knew all those sheriffs! :)

DeeMan

Deeman

Verified Member
That must have been before me. It's always been free to cross as long as I remember....from mid 70's on.

We had to pay until the bridge was paid off, probably in about 1970, the year I graduated.

DeeMan

Deeman

Verified Member
I am a "GO" for Tunica, Mississippi.....See everyone there

Ace,

If I come on the bikes, I will have limited room. Can I "borrow" my Schoen back for the tournament if I can't fit my cues on the bikes? :)

DeeMan