Cornbread Red vs. Jose Parica 1999 D.C.C.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Make the best...

Make the best...

...of a bad situation. So I would bank the 9ball pocket speed to the left corner pocket. Why the 9? Because it is in the 2nd safest place on the table, other than hanging in a pocket. (close to the short rail at the head of the table) The 9 ball is already in an open position so that is why I would want to move it.

Shooting my shot keeps both balls 9 feet away from each other and multiplies the difficulty of making them both in one inning.

Beard

A shot that would give you an even better result, but would be 3 or 4 times as difficult, would be to clip off the left edge of the 2 ball and return the qball to the foot rail. Shooting from off the rail I certainly wouldnt try that but Jose might.

John Brumback

Verified Member
...of a bad situation. So I would bank the 9ball pocket speed to the left corner pocket. Why the 9? Because it is in the 2nd safest place on the table, other than hanging in a pocket. (close to the short rail at the head of the table) The 9 ball is already in an open position so that is why I would want to move it.

Shooting my shot keeps both balls 9 feet away from each other and multiplies the difficulty of making them both in one inning.

Beard

A shot that would give you an even better result, but would be 3 or 4 times as difficult, would be to clip off the left edge of the 2 ball and return the qball to the foot rail. Shooting from off the rail I certainly wouldnt try that but Jose might.

Oh,your just going to give that 4ball to one of the best one pocket bankers ever? Not me.I'm coming off the left side of the 4ball and go down table and if I get a little lucky I tie the two balls up.
PS: I got your message,I'm going to call ya soon to make the deal.John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
What I said...

What I said...

A shot that would give you an even better result, but would be 3 or 4 times as difficult, would be to clip off the left edge of the 2 ball and return the qball to the foot rail. Shooting from off the rail I certainly wouldnt try that but Jose might. Beard

Oh,your just going to give that 4ball to one of the best one pocket bankers ever? Not me.I'm coming off the left side of the 4ball and go down table and if I get a little lucky I tie the two balls up.
John B.

That is the 2 ball not the 4 ball. We needed your execution to handle that shot.

Beard

John Brumback

Verified Member
A shot that would give you an even better result, but would be 3 or 4 times as difficult, would be to clip off the left edge of the 2 ball and return the qball to the foot rail. Shooting from off the rail I certainly wouldnt try that but Jose might. Beard

That is the 2 ball not the 4 ball. We needed your execution to handle that shot.

Beard

So sorry.I am colored blind ya know.Really i am.
Well i think you just over looked that ball down by the rail.Looks to me like it is very bankable.You do have to stay down good while thinning off of that ball too.John B.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
So sorry.I am colored blind ya know.Really i am.
Well i think you just over looked that ball down by the rail.Looks to me like it is very bankable.You do have to stay down good while thinning off of that ball too.John B.

Dearest Mr. B.,

You may want to look at post #6, Red shot the 2 ball off the table:p

Sorry Fred:rolleyes:

RBL

John Brumback

Verified Member
Dear "shoot at a white flag" Breath,

Lucky??? Since when did you start playing safe?

RBL

Well since i've been gettin older and all and I see where youins like to play the score so that's what me is goin to start a doin,ya see.
Spit,John B.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Amazing !!!!

Amazing !!!!

[COLOR=Cowboy Dennis;89339]Dear "shoot at a white flag" Breath,

RBL[/QUOTE]

Dear Living in the Past, Retarded, Smelly Old Maggot Breath,

Could you PUHLEEEEEEZE post some WEI table challenges... from this Century ?...The game has changed radically, since Red was breathing...But then, you may not have noticed..:rolleyes:..Why do you have to get all the mediocre player's (like Beard and John B.} all riled up over nothing ?..:eek:

Bankin' Duck <----Future Bank Pool HOF member...:cool: (the 'niche game' is so easy, a REAL Duck could play it..) :p

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Dear "shoot at a white flag" Breath,

RBL

Dear Living in the Past, Retarded, Smelly Old Maggot Breath,

Could you PUHLEEEEEEZE post some WEI table challenges... from this Century ?...The game has changed radically, since Red was breathing...But then, you may not have noticed..:rolleyes:..Why do you have to get all the mediocre player's (like Beard and John B.} all riled up over nothing ?..:eek:

Bankin' Duck <----Future Bank Pool HOF member...:cool: (the 'niche game' is so easy, a REAL Duck could play it..) :p

WEI tables from this century? I guess that leaves you out.

P.S. Balloonhead, they aren't "WEI tables" they are screenshots that have been "greenshotted". WEI tables are so 20th century:p.

RBL

SJDinPHX

Suspended
WEI tables from this century? I guess that leaves you out.

P.S. Balloonhead, they aren't "WEI tables" they are screenshots that have been "greenshotted". WEI tables are so 20th century:p.

RBL

Then I would suggest, You 'Greenshoot' yourself in the head..:eek:

(hopefully straighter than you shoot pool balls in the hole !!!)..NOT KIDDING ! :lol :lol :lol

Last edited:

John Brumback

Verified Member
Parica did bank the 9 to his left at perfect pocket speed. A tough shot hit very well.

View attachment 5475

Hey deadcarpbreath
Would he be smart enough to leave that cball right there to where Red couln't have reached it on purpose, if he missed the 9? If he did that is some strong thinking don't you think or what do you think about that? Lots of thinking:lol John B.

I still can't believe he shot that:eek:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Ahem...

Ahem...

Parica did bank the 9 to his left at perfect pocket speed. A tough shot hit very well.

View attachment 5475

...just lilke I said. And where did Parica do his bank pool basic training? That's easy, The Chicago Billiard Cafe in the early 90s, playing banks with the Beard. I only gave him a 1/2 a ball however, I only played him 9 to 8.

Let's see, does Jose count as a "living witness?"

Beard

John Brumback

Verified Member
...just lilke I said. And where did Parica do his bank pool basic training? That's easy, The Chicago Billiard Cafe in the early 90s, playing banks with the Beard. I only gave him a 1/2 a ball however, I only played him 9 to 8.

Beard

Funny,you didn't mention my question about the cball.What the cabll don't matter all of the sudden?:) John B.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Funny,you didn't mention my question about the cball.What the cabll don't matter all of the sudden?:) John B.

John,

If you look at the time that Freddy posted I think you'll see that he was writing his post when you posted yours. He posted 5 mins. after you and so probably never saw your post at all.

CarpBreath

SJDinPHX

Suspended

Beard

Sorry Fred,..Only english speaking (fluent) "living witnesses" are legal...:cool:.(no interpreter's allowed)..)

In the 90's...Jose hadn't even learned how to say, "Where at, is de toilet" ?..:sorry..:lol :lol