Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
:lol
its now 2 games to 1 scott leading
scott broke
left shane a bank
he made that and another ball and left himself on the 3 ball
he hit the shot hard and appeared to want to draw the cue ball back towards the center of the table but he got a kiss with the 5 ball
HE MADE THE BALL
but didnt leave himself in such good position.....:eek:........:D.....;)
ss4.jpg

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Lotta left and a little follow on CB, make the 3, graze the 5 but continue to the end rail and back up far enough to have a decent cut on the 14. Now break the stack.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
My thought in spots like this is to make that 3 for yourself, but number one priority after that is to make sure you can see the ball in scott's hole. I'd graze off those balls with some left, try to push the 14 up, hit the end rail and hopefully get a shot on the 14 or maybe that 12. As I said, just make sure you can see the ball in scott's hole though.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
When you look at how the balls opened up it tells you that playing position for the 14 ball was not possible. Not only that, but the fact that a top player hit the shot with speed and tried to draw the ball back, indicates that he thought he could possibly get back and open up the balls (notice the position of the 14 ball after he shot)

Sometimes we as players (especially top players) see a shot like this one, an easy shot that could carry a game winner if the balls open up to where we can get a look at just one ball. When I say 'especially top players' I mean that a top player will think they can do something that is marginal because their top players, plus if the balls don't open up well enough for their liking, they can play some sort of a safety. That's a common mindset of a top player. Was he gambling when he chose to shoot the shot this way? Absolutely, I may have done it too. But for a player that doesn't have a super stroke, you're better off cinching the 3 ball and dealing with the hanging 2 ball.

Dr. Bill

tylerdurden

Verified Member
It's true, top players have to think a lot differently of course. Shane, not figuring to out move scott, maybe feels he has to go for stuff like this.

For upcoming players I feel this is lesson one in one pocket 101 though. These shots that are a tad up in the air, and you just can't help but drive every ball on the table right into your opponents hole are normally ill advised.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
It makes you wonder if he thought he saw something good that would allow him to continue, or if he broke the rack hoping to get lucky and believing he could deal with the result. It almost looks like a bad play by a beginner. Hard to see anything positive that could have happened.