Danny Medina gone

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Quote:

No, Dannys not dead, and Strouds reputation is trying to be killed, its a comparison....nothing more. I already know Danny's rep. Very well.

Last edited:

Bigtruck

Verified Member
I hate when the quote feature is improperly used. It's worse than bad punctuation when trying to figure out what the hell someone is trying to say.

Danny is still alive, but is struggling to cover his meds. He needs the chemo.

If anyone has any ideas to help Danny, please speak up.

Ray

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

Ray
Ray, he might contact the National Institute of Health (NIH), cancer division. See: www.cancer.org They have many free treatment trials available. If they accept him, everything is free, including transportation and hotel.

He may not be old enough for Medicare, but he should pursue Medicaid, if he hasn't already. Also, many cancer clinics/institutions have hardship plans. I don't know in which state Danny lives.

Doc

ironman

Verified Member
I hate when the quote feature is improperly used. It's worse than bad punctuation when trying to figure out what the hell someone is trying to say.

Ray
He gets Chemo every Wednesday

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado

Ray, he might contact the National Institute of Health (NIH), cancer division. See: www.cancer.org They have many free treatment trials available. If they accept him, everything is free, including transportation and hotel.

He may not be old enough for Medicare, but he should pursue Medicaid, if he hasn't already. Also, many cancer clinics/institutions have hardship plans. I don't know in which state Danny lives.

Doc

CO/Denver..........

ironman

Verified Member

Doc

He will be 61 ini October.

ironman

Verified Member
Ironman, what type of cancer does Danny have? If you'd rather not say, that's okay.

Doc

I t is mostly of the liver. He is taking chemo and completed the first round last week. He is to begin again next week.
I will say this. Danny sounds just great. I have known the guy for nearly 40 years and he is one that could be on the raod, busted, sleeping in the car, and wake up laughing. Not mush has changed there.
He is fighting and fighting hard. he is reunited with his daughter which I truely thank God for.
I don't want to say too much, othere than prayers mea a great deal to him now.
On a lighter note, he said he went out the other night and won a little tournament that paid $40.00 ( cash). We laughed our butts off about that.
H e is appreciative of all the concern and prayers.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Thanks, Ironman. Liver is a rough one. It's inspirational to hear how Danny is handling his circumstances. It takes either class or faith to maintain a positive outlook when all the chips are down. My guess is that he has both.

I recall years ago sitting behind Danny out in Reno watching him break 9-ball racks all day. I thought surely I could pick up some pointers for my own break. I never could, despite trying to imitate him. Then it dawned on me that he just had a God-given gift. If he'd ever been a boxer, he'd have knocked guys out with one punch!

Doc

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Thanks, Ironman. Liver is a rough one. It's inspirational to hear how Danny is handling his circumstances. It takes either class or faith to maintain a positive outlook when all the chips are down. My guess is that he has both.

I recall years ago sitting behind Danny out in Reno watching him break 9-ball racks all day. I thought surely I could pick up some pointers for my own break. I never could, despite trying to imitate him. Then it dawned on me that he just had a God-given gift. If he'd ever been a boxer, he'd have knocked guys out with one punch!

Doc

That's why he beat Efren in the pro 8 ball event final/Reno?/Rivera?, plus he shot lights out, they opened up like a 6 ball rack. He always had that long bridge distance whether shooting during play or breaking, don't know of anyone at the time that could crack a 15 ball rack like that. Just as impressive, the cue he had (Meucci) he shot with and broke with it for many years, it never came apart, that too was impressive.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois

Doc

Actually, I believe he was a boxer.

Beard

ironman

Verified Member
Actually, I believe he was a boxer.

Beard

Freddie, i don't mean to sound like I'm correcting or contradicting but actually he was a wrestler. he was undeafeated 9th grad and thtourh high school.
his brother was a promising middle weight but got into the ugly side of that and refuled to throw a match and was sot in the chest way back in the 70's.
Make no mistake Danny could put the scrap on if needed. He shattered a jawin Detroit years ago when there was a remark about his heritage. I cna still hear that punch.
Doc was right, his break at one time was just awesome and feared by many or most.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Freddie, i don't mean to sound like I'm correcting or contradicting but actually he was a wrestler. he was undeafeated 9th grad and thtourh high school.
his brother was a promising middle weight but got into the ugly side of that and refused to throw a match and was shot in the chest way back in the 70's.
Make no mistake Danny could put the scrap on if needed. He shattered a jaw in Detroit years ago when there was a remark about his heritage. I can still hear that punch.
Doc was right, his break at one time was just awesome and feared by many or most.

I knew he was a tough kid, I just forget why. He lived down the hall from me with Artie Bodendorfer for a couple months. We all lived across the street from Bensingers. Artie had Danny and a top car hustler named Frosty staying with him.

Beard

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
. Artie had Danny and a top car hustler named Frosty staying with him.

Beard

Frosty was a sucker except for a weak cold deck move. If he could've bought the deal playing poker he'd of had a better chance. LOL
He talked a good game. I've played with and against him several times and it was all talk.
Rod.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Frosty was a sucker except for a weak cold deck move. If he could've bought the deal playing poker he'd of had a better chance. LOL
He talked a good game. I've played with and against him several times and it was all talk.
Rod.

Now that he is dead we can say that he also "played the light," a very strong, difficult move. Were you insulated against the "light?"

Beard

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Now that he is dead we can say that he also "played the light," a very strong, difficult move. Were you insulated against the "light?"

Beard

Well I never saw him win except with rank suckers. He was always around mooching and trying to get in with producers.
The light was fine for two handed games, but he'd still need to buy the deal playing poker.
Rod.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Well I never saw him win except with rank suckers. He was always around mooching and trying to get in with producers.
The light was fine for two handed games, but he'd still need to buy the deal playing poker.
Rod.

He certainly was no favorite of mine, because him and Artie were two obnoxious drunks and he was way too weasely for me, but Artie said they won a lot of money together playing gin.

Beard

TWO PICKS

Verified Member
Mr Rod I am glad you returned home safe. IT was nice seeing you again. I hope you come back soon.