Great time in Wisconsin last week

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Was in the dairy state last week on business and had a fabulous time. The highlight had to be playing Willie Munson at Romine's. For 74 he still looks great and a nicer guy you will never find. I wish I could play him every day.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Was in the dairy state last week on business and had a fabulous time. The highlight had to be playing Willie Munson at Romine's. For 74 he still looks great and a nicer guy you will never find. I wish I could play him every day.

I've played a few guys at Romine's, but havent played Willie. A coulple of other super nice guys there. I also played at Wisconsin Billiards. Good action at both places.

#Cruncher

Verified Member
Romine's is a pretty good place to play. If either of you find your way back to Milwaukee, shoot me a message and we can play some cheap one hole.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
South....

South....

....Side Louie and I traveled the country in the 80's.We were both from the same part of town.Used to play for hours every week as I always had a Gold Crown or a 3-cushion table.He checked out way to soon.I miss him like a brother.It was good to hear of him from another player,cheers,Bob

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
....Side Louie and I traveled the country in the 80's.We were both from the same part of town.Used to play for hours every week as I always had a Gold Crown or a 3-cushion table.He checked out way to soon.I miss him like a brother.It was good to hear of him from another player,cheers,Bob

We go way back too. When we used to meet up in Reno ea yr for the pro 9' event we'd always good to a health food restaruant, first time I ever had tofu was with him. Yrs later, out of the blue, I was playing in Louisiana an ran into him at the New Orleans Jazz festival with his new girlfriend traveling together in his VW bus. He had his guitar and he was always the ''LIGHT'' in any dark pool room RIP ma man, I too miss him allot, especially his energy, smile and attitude.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Louie was...

Louie was...

.... a great friend,I saw him one day in 1966 then not until the summer of 1970 when we crossed paths for a day.Then in 1983 a friend of ours told him I had a table so he came by and we ran around till 1998 when he left.Went all over the country,Reno was our favorite place,great health food cafes,remember the Pnuematic Diner just 2 blocks from the Sands?There was another a couple miles away also whose name I forget.Great salads....at home we'd play for 2-3 hours have dinner,stop for a sixpack and a smoke and play for another 2-3 hours.Did that for years.We took some mushrooms once and went to Iowa to see the Dead except we went to the wrong city and missed them but didnt care cause we were laughing all the way.He would often go to the Country Fair in Oregon and come home with some special bud and good road stories.He sold me a nice McWorter cue once that I still have.His girl got his Mcdermott[sp] he bought new in 1983 from Jim Mcdermott.He seldom had any money cause you know how hard on the road is especially back then with low-paying tournaments and such great players at the top.He had a great attitude for all he went through and I was glad to call him a friend.Nice to hear from you,Bob