Banking with the Beard

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Okay,
I know a shameless plug for Freddie's book, but I have been hitting about 70% of all my banks 1/4 rail short... I remembered that his DVD and book talked about speed and tips of english to overcome it...

I watched it again, and reinforced it with reading it all over... Ya'll may disagree with his shot selections... but his methods for making those banks works... Once again I am in debt to "The Beard"....

Playing slow roll banks at onepocket, and then trying to switch gears playing 9 ball banks against a guy I couldn't beat last year... booked me a winner of both games...
Of course I did have a bit of larceny in my heart, I played him on my own table...

B

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Freddy's book is so great for both getting people more interested in the game, and improving their banking. I'm sure it will go down in the annals of pool as one of its great publications, if it hasn't already.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Okay,
I know a shameless plug for Freddie's book, but I have been hitting about 70% of all my banks 1/4 rail short... I remembered that his DVD and book talked about speed and tips of english to overcome it...

I watched it again, and reinforced it with reading it all over... Ya'll may disagree with his shot selections... but his methods for making those banks works... Once again I am in debt to "The Beard"....

Playing slow roll banks at onepocket, and then trying to switch gears playing 9 ball banks against a guy I couldn't beat last year... booked me a winner of both games...
Of course I did have a bit of larceny in my heart, I played him on my own table...

B

Freddy's book is so great for both getting people more interested in the game, and improving their banking. I'm sure it will go down in the annals of pool as one of its great publications, if it hasn't already.

^^^ what they said
great information .very valuable reference

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
And thats....

And thats....

....the truth.He stomped me good yesterday for missing an easy bank.He is the master of banks and great road stories,cheers,Jack

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Bless you, Bille, Tyler and lll. And incidentally, y'all can disagree with my shot selections at your own peril!

Beard

Oh yeah !...As soon as I get back in stroke, and get inducted into the Bank Pool HOF, I am moving to Chicago. I plan to stay
in a suite at the Drake Hotel.. I will be able to afford it by playing YOU, full rack banks, (aka 'niche game') and the Ghoastess One Pocket. That is assuming you guy's have 'Race Track Phil', or Cardone backing y'all...:) Otherwise, if you're playing your own $$,..even if I win every session, I will be staying at the nearest Motel 6..or possibly sleeping in my car..:cool:

Banker McDuck

PS.. I hope Broomback shows up too. Then I'll be staying at the Drake, for sure..I have been keeping my bank pool game under wraps, for quite some time now...;) :p :p

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
...PS.. I hope Broomback shows up too...
Heh, heh. I'm sure John routinely gets his name pronunciation butchered. I have a DVD from 2010 in which both Billy I. and Danny D., while acknowledging John's great banking talents, were clueless about his name. They finally arrived at "Brown-beck". 'Course Billy can't help it. He's from Pittsburgh. Danny... I don't know.:D

Doc

John Brumback

Verified Member
Heh, heh. I'm sure John routinely gets his name pronunciation butchered. I have a DVD from 2010 in which both Billy I. and Danny D., while acknowledging John's great banking talents, were clueless about his name. They finally arrived at "Brown-beck". 'Course Billy can't help it. He's from Pittsburgh. Danny... I don't know.:D

Doc

haha Danny said to Billy I....do you rub you beck or your back? Billy said.. ohhhhhh..I never thought of it like thaaaaat.They crack me up:lol John B.

Oh yeah,I read Freddies book too.And I watched the dvd of banks that don't go but do. John B.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Oh yeah !...As soon as I get back in stroke, and get inducted into the Bank Pool HOF, I am moving to Chicago. I plan to stay
in a suite at the Drake Hotel.. I will be able to afford it by playing YOU, full rack banks, (aka 'niche game') and the Ghoastess One Pocket. That is assuming you guy's have 'Race Track Phil', or Cardone backing y'all...:) Otherwise, I will be staying at the nearest Motel 6..or possibly sleeping in my car..:cool:

Banker McDuck

PS.. I hope Broomback shows up too. Then I'll be staying at the Drake, for sure..I have been keeping my bank pool game under wraps, for quite some time now...;) :p :p

I figured you was one of them closet bankers.The kind that say they don't play and don't like it but way deep you really do love the game of bankpool:eek::lol J. broombeck

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
The Bottom line

The Bottom line

The bottom line is that there is more than one critical point delivered in Beard's tomes. And when I say critical, I mean just that: one sentence was worth the cost of both books. All the rest of the info is just gravy.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
New Book coming out...!

New Book coming out...!

I figured you was one of them closet bankers.The kind that say they don't play and don't like it but way deep you really do love the game of bankpool.. J. broombeck

Thats very true John..In fact I'm working on a brand new book and DVD on Expert Pro Banking right now...It will be titled...
..."Drinkin' with the Duck, While Kickin' Beards Butt". (friendly word of advice, you and Beard, better have a 'FIRE SALE' on your stuff, before my book comes out):sorry

PS..I will also include a special section entitled, "Banks That Don't Go, and DIDN'T"...It will feature, the over 8500 'out-takes' of the easy banks Fred missed, during filming..(I heard 3 or 4 cameramen fell asleep, waiting for him to finally make a bank ?) .:p :p.....I may need 4 or 5 extra discs, for that alone..I'm sure I can't afford all the out-takes, for the difficult banks he missed..:eek: :D LMFAO

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Thats very true John..In fact I'm working on a brand new book and DVD on Expert Pro Banking right now...It will be titled...
..."Drinkin' with the Duck, While Kickin' Beards Butt". (friendly word of advice, you and Beard, better have a 'FIRE SALE' on your stuff, before my book comes out):sorry

PS..I will also include a special section entitled, "Banks That Don't Go, and DIDN'T"...It will feature, the over 8500 'out-takes' of the easy banks Fred missed, during filming..(I heard 3 or 4 cameramen fell asleep, waiting for him to finally make a bank ?) .:p :p.....I may need 4 or 5 extra discs, for that alone..I'm sure I can't afford all the out-takes, for the difficult banks he missed..:eek: :D LMFAO

All I can say about those trick banks is that I have called and made every one in a game at one time or another. Thats where it counts.

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
All I can say about those trick banks is that I have called and made every one in a game at one time or another. Thats where it counts.

Beard

Aha,...Gotcha...I would hope you made at least ONE of them..You have been playing for 75 years, and have hit a zillion banks..:rolleyes: (law of averages has to kick in somewhere)..:p :p :p

JK..:D..(LMFAO)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
"Banks That Don't Go, and DIDN'T"

Ducky, that's a great title, made me laugh. I think with a little help from your idea I have come up with a title for Bounce-Back Brownbacks next DVD or book (he does have a book doesn't he?:confused:): "Banks That Can't Be Made With Draw...But Are...When I Shoot Them".

What do ya think Ducky? Too long? I can pare it down I'm sure.

RBL

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Ducky, that's a great title, made me laugh. I think with a little help from your idea I have come up with a title for Bounce-Back Brownbacks next DVD or book (he does have a book doesn't he?:confused:): "Banks That Can't Be Made With Draw...But Are...When I Shoot Them".

What do ya think Ducky? Too long? ..I can pare it down I'm sure.

RBL

Please do !..How about.."Banks..Who Gives a Sh*t"...:rolleyes:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Please do !..How about.."Banks..Who Gives a Sh*t"...:rolleyes:

Now you're pushing it Duckbreath. I've always enjoyed playing Banks. Maybe because I didn't play too good but banked a little better than my speed. I was able to play guys Banks that I couldn't play 9-Ball, 14.1 or one-pocket.

Don't make fun of Banks in the Bank Forum, it'll come back to haunt you:eek:.

Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Now you're pushing it Duckbreath. I've always enjoyed playing Banks. Maybe because I didn't play too good but banked a little better than my speed. I was able to play guys Banks that I couldn't play 9-Ball, 14.1 or one-pocket.

Don't make fun of Banks in the Bank Forum, it'll come back to haunt you:eek:.

Dennis

Dear Stale (yuk) Miller Lite Breath,

Of course you HAD to pick a "niche game"...Why is it all guys who can't make a ball, at any other game, alway always wind up "old, fat, broke drunk's" ? (except for Broombecker, who probably will be when he grows up)..:eek:

There is a reason you know..Its from "inactivity"...Show me one person, who ever made it on the road, hustling ONLY [sic] bank pool. You have a better shot at selling 'buggy whips', or playing 'billiards'..Theres always a few Amish around, or if you become an Elk member, you can always find a [sic] billiard table..(another good 'hustle'..NOT ! :D

Well Rounded McDuck <--Is neither "old" nor "fat"...and he is still at his prime fighting weight..;) (proof furnished below)

View attachment 6151

Last edited: