chris gentile vs john shmidt

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
this from a thread on azb
hopefully we can get a post from someone who was there

Chris Gentile vs. John Schmidt - Today, 04:04 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gary's Victor Billiards is pleasd to be hosting a One-Pocket Challenge Match between Chris Gentile and John Schmidt. The match is 6 ahead playing even. They are playing Monday July 2nd from 2 P.M. to 2 A.M. and continuing on Tuesday July 3rd if necessary.

Sorry no livestream. We will have limited seating available for a $10.00 admission fee which includes a sandwich, chips and a soda.

For more info call Gary or Vicki at 760-951-2800.

Come sweat this exciting match with us.

THIS ONE IS GAMBLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary and Vicki Henry
Owners, Gary's Victor Billiards

We are located at
14464 Atstar St
Victorville, Ca 92395

tylerdurden

Verified Member
They both do all things well, but i think schmidt will outshoot him, and gentile has an edge in the thinking. Therefore, in my all knowing crystal ball of experience and understanding :) schmidt will take this (i know many will disagree). I think wisdom and thinking is overrated in pool, i hate to say it, dont get me wrong, but that is just what i think. That isn't to say of course that you dont need to think very well, but i think you get the point :)

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
They both do all things well, but i think schmidt will outshoot him, and gentile has an edge in the thinking. Therefore, in my all knowing crystal ball of experience and understanding :) schmidt will take this (i know many will disagree). I think wisdom and thinking is overrated in pool, i hate to say it, dont get me wrong, but that is just what i think. That isn't to say of course that you dont need to think very well, but i think you get the point :)

Hey Ty, we agree on this one. I have never played Chris but I have played Schmidty some 1P and I was blown away. Of the few top players I have played only Scott Frost played better 1P than John.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
They both do all things well, but i think schmidt will outshoot him, and gentile has an edge in the thinking.

That is correct Tyler.

It can go either way, and as I posted recently in another thread...they played even for serious $$$ at the last DCC, and they decided to quit when they were even after playing 10-12 hours.

- Ghost

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
This figures to be a close match, but Chris is traveling to play on a table that John has played on many times. Chris loves to play one pocket he has a passion for the game, plus he has a lot of confidence in himself and he believes he can beat Schmidt. I think it will be a very sharply contested match and it's a flip of a coin. But I would hate to bet against Chris, he's a winner.

Dr. Bill

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Match

Match

I think it is an even match with a little edge to John because this is his home court now.

Too bad it is not streamed. This would be worth paying something to watch.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
This figures to be a close match, but Chris is traveling to play on a table that John has played on many times. Chris loves to play one pocket he has a passion for the game, plus he has a lot of confidence in himself and he believes he can beat Schmidt. I think it will be a very sharply contested match and it's a flip of a coin. But I would hate to bet against Chris, he's a winner.

Dr. Bill

Usually the guy traveling the longer distance for a head up/wins, usually. Hawiian Brian, perfect example. By the way, which player called up the other to play?

SJDinPHX

Suspended

Dr. Bill

The table they play on, could have a lot to do with it. If its a Crown, I might like Chris..If its a Diamond, and John is familiar with it, that may give him an edge..Also pocket size, could make a big difference..Schmidt has still not convinced me, he knows how to play one pocket. (yet)..:rolleyes:

Neutral table, tight pockets, I would take Chris in a heartbeat. But, unless I had all that info, I think I'll pass betting on this one..:cool:

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
The table they play on, could have a lot to do with it. If its a Crown, I might like Chris..If its a Diamond, and John is familiar with it, that may give him an edge..Also pocket size, could make a big difference..Schmidt has still not convinced me, he knows how to play one pocket. (yet)..:rolleyes:

Neutral table, tight pockets, I would take Chris in a heartbeat. But, unless I had all that info, I think I'll pass betting on this one..:cool:

Chris is a freak. He has no rattle in him. After I seen him take apart Gabe Owen on a strange Diamond with 4 in. pockets after getting out of the car after a 300 mile drive -- with him driving -- and going right to the table and playing, I couldnt bet your money on anybody else.

Plus Schmidt never learned any one pocket from moi like Chrissy baby
did. If you can shoot good and can then employ my smarts, that is a tough combo to beat.:)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Chris is a freak. He has no rattle in him. After I seen him take apart Gabe Owen on a strange Diamond with 4 in. pockets after getting out of the car after a 300 mile drive -- with him driving -- and going right to the table and playing, I couldnt bet your money on anybody else.

did. If you can shoot good and can then employ my smarts, that is a tough combo to beat.:)

Oh no, Not another champion 'force-fed trained' by the one and only Beardo...Just for that, I'm taking credit for training RA and Parica..:rolleyes:

SuperDuck <---And...Richie Florence !!!..:eek:

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Oh no, Not another champion 'force-fed trained' by the one and only Beardo...Just for that, I'm taking credit for training RA and Parica..:rolleyes:

SuperDuck <---And Richie Florence !!!..:eek:

Uhh, sorry.:sorry I have been saving this because the Efren learning-from-me thing, was so strong, I failed to mention that Parica spent almost as much time in Chicago as Efren and we played often. He was also learning 1pkt at the time. He (Parica) also learned his bank pool from me. :heh Didnt he win 2 bank championships at DCC? (I was giving him a ball back then also):D

Beard

Heaping a little more coal on the fire, if my memory strikes me, and it does, Luat spent an awful lot of time in my joint also. Now you know why the Pinoys love me.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Freddy, you're very lucky the Duck in slipping in his dotage, I would have destroyed you if you had the bad sense to post something like this to me:).

Here's how I would've responded to this comment of yours:

fred bentivegna said:
If you can shoot good and can then employ my smarts, that is a tough combo to beat.

Cowboy Dennis said:
So then, one offsets the other?

I guess you like shooting Ducks in a barrel:p.

RBL

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Freddy, you're very lucky the Duck in slipping in his dotage, I would have destroyed you if you had the bad sense to post something like this to me:).

Here's how I would've responded to this comment of yours:

I guess you like shooting Ducks in a barrel:p.

RBL

It is so easy that it is not even fun anymore. When he cant hold his own with SczBill anymore, you know he has become helpless.

Beard

Beard

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
It is so easy that it is not even fun anymore. When he cant hold his own with SczBill anymore, you know he has become helpless.

I guess that makes you pretty helpless since you would not make a game with me at the DCC last year. I only ask you for 8-7 and was willing to donate to your Medicare payments but you said it was too much. How the mighty have fallen.:frus:frus
When I walk into Ca Billiards, they take numbers to play me first.
Everyone wants a lesson from a guy they named a state after.:eek::eek:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Saying that Efren learned all he knows from the Beard is like saying one of Carl Sagens professors taught him everything about the universe. Billions and billions of................:sorry:lol:lol

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
If I could I would drive down there to watch the game. Schimdt has been playing everyone the past ten years in one pocket. He is a threat to win every tournament he plays. His biggest problem is playing the safe that will win him the game. He will shoot, rather than be patient. I have to give the edge to him for the match. Its a two hour drive after you get to LA to get there. Can we bribe anyone from Mesa to stream it?

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Saying that Efren learned all he knows from the Beard is like saying one of Carl Sagens professors taught him everything about the universe. Billions and billions of................:sorry:lol:lol

Carl Sagen is very ignorant re the universe. Carl Sagan is the smart one.

Beard