Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
YOU ARE BANKING THE STRIPE CROSS CORNER
kiss or no kiss and why???
freddy has a method to use
grady had a method
what do you guys say
kiss or no kiss and what do you use as a guideline??
BB2.jpg

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Very close, too dangerous to shoot playing one pocket.
You might not kiss rolling it. It looks like it might pass, but I wouldn't chance it and I'll shoot most anything. :D
Rod.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Larry, there are many theories on this subject and I'm pretty sure they all work and can all fail. Lots of working room in this shot. Visualize the path of the object ball coming off the cushion and heading for the pocket, and note the two places where the cb path will cross it, and then decide whether you can get it out of the way in time. A little low right english should get you out in plenty of time. That's what I think.

If that doesn't make sense, I'm sure someone will point it out for us. :eek:

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
I see no kiss on this one if you hit it well... there seems to be enough distance from the rail to dodge it.

Dud

Rod

Verified Member
From
Phoenix, Az
It looks aligned center pocket so I don't see a kiss but if the OB was say about a 1/2" higher I'd pass.

Rod

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I have benefited greatly when I changed my outlook on these situations. I will admit, I probably pass up an opportunity here and there, but when I step up and it looks like a kiss to me, I just look for another shot (unless i want to shoot it away from the pocket, which is a possible shot here btw). I used to try and get out of kisses that looked close.... oh man lost so many games that way. I would not shoot this. I dont get many kisses anymore, but as I say i probably pass up on an opportunity or two.... but it is WELL worth it in my game when weighed with hardly ever getting a kiss.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Larry; You need to hit this bamk with 4 O'clock English and a med firm stroke to draw the ball away from the kiss. Typical billiard stroke!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
http://mr3cushion.com

Larry, there are many theories on this subject and I'm pretty sure they all work and can all fail. Lots of working room in this shot. Visualize the path of the object ball coming off the cushion and heading for the pocket, and note the two places where the cb path will cross it, and then decide whether you can get it out of the way in time. A little low right english should get you out in plenty of time. That's what I think.

If that doesn't make sense, I'm sure someone will point it out for us. :eek:

although that may beat the kiss remember shuff is banking to his pocket ansd probably wouldnt want to end up on the "wrong side" of the stack

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
This shot looks straight into the opponent's corner pocket -- which threatens a kiss when it falls low on the table like where this is. This kiss can be avoided by jacking up a little, using soft straight stun draw and over-cutting the bank a little because it will throw a little with that kind of approach -- the cue ball will come back up off the bottom rail before the object ball passes. If you aren't used to these shots I betcha you hit it too thick the first time :D

Shuff should have a bank on the 12 next.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
It looks aligned center pocket so I don't see a kiss but if the OB was say about a 1/2" higher I'd pass.

Rod

I agree Rod..I don't think theres a kiss on the shot..there are also several other ways to beat the kiss. (one of which is Steve's method)...However, the way to almost GUARANTEE A KISS, (I forget who said it now).. is to "Hit this baMk with 4 O'clock English,
and a med firm stroke to draw the ball away from the kiss. Typical billiard stroke!"
:confused:

Surely the 'worlds WORST billiard instructor' wouldn't advise hitting the shot like that, would he ? Even the Ghoast knows better.. :rolleyes: :cool:

Oh, I found it...Its post #3..:lol :lol :lol

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Doesnt anybody read John Hendersons new mag? Hasnt anybody attended my Old School Pool seminar? Hasnt anybody seen the free bank instruct section on my website? Hasnt anybody read Inside Pool? I did a whole page on exactly this? Doesnt anyone have either of my books or either of my DVDs?

Have all those aspersions cast by DuckBrain throughout the years had this much effect?:frus

Beard

When I said I felt like I was peeing in the wind earlier trying to wake the dead, I was actually only kidding at the time.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
no kiss,low inside english will avoid the kiss

Cal there were 3 good bankers that came out if Pittsburg. You apparently werent one of them.:) Seriously, that is exactly how to get the kiss.

Beard

Marvin Henderson, Dr Bill and Jimmy Marino. (The three good 'uns. Played 'em all.)

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Doesnt anybody read John Hendersons new mag? Hasnt anybody attended my Old School Pool seminar? Hasnt anybody seen the free bank instruct section on my website? Hasnt anybody read Inside Pool? I did a whole page on exactly this? Doesnt anyone have either of my books or either of my DVDs?

Have all those aspersions cast by DuckBrain throughout the years had this much effect?:frus

Beard

When I said I felt like I was peeing in the wind earlier trying to wake the dead, I was actually only kidding at the time.

freddy you are jumping the gun....:eek:....:D
i wanted to see the "rules/guidelines" people use to determone is their a kiss
or if they do it by feel
i was surprised tyler seems to do it by feel since he didnt mention any "guidelines" especially since he likes to kick with "systems"

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Hasnt anybody read John Henderson's, Cue Sports Journal? This months?

Beard

Not even his pal, DuckBrain? He has been claiming that he can read. He probably came to my article and put his hand over his eyes, like a vampire looking at a cross.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
freddy you are jumping the gun....:eek:....:D
i wanted to see the "rules/guidelines" people use to determone is their a kiss
or if they do it by feel
i was surprised tyler seems to do it by feel since he didnt mention any "guidelines" especially since he likes to kick with "systems"

Ok, i'm going to be painfully honest, and try not to argue, not that i'm right about this shot by the way.... but i don't think there is a feasible or viable system for telling if there is a kiss or not (ducking tomatoes thrown by freddy). I believe in almost any situation where you have a "dead kiss" with those rules (anybody's), you can move the 2 balls forward or backward on a line (ie not disturb the 2 balls being lined up with the pocket or whichever the rule), and there is no kiss. Wordy, but that is how i feel. I'm not saying the systems aren't useful, but i don't use them (ducking head of lettuce). Further, i do use systems when i kick, but when my body screams to hit a little shorter or longer i do that, which servers me well.... systems in kicking help me get lined up a little and give me confidence... truth it id probably be about the same kicker without them. I find them useful, just don't like to rely on anything on ever-changing (by the minute sometimes) pool tables (ducking an apple pie).

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Doesnt anybody read John Hendersons new mag?..YES Hasnt anybody attended my Old School Pool seminar? ..NO Hasnt anybody seen the free bank instruct section on my website?..NO Hasnt anybody read Inside Pool?..NO I did a whole page on exactly this? ..SO ? Doesnt anyone have either of my books or either of my DVDs? ..NO

Have all those aspersions cast by DuckBrain throughout the years had this much effect?:frus.. Its possible, but look at your competition.. According to Mr. Pincushion, he has all the available DVD, and book money, "locked up" :rolleyes:..:rolleyes:

Beard

When I said I felt like I was peeing in the wind earlier trying to wake the dead, I was actually only kidding at the time..Sounded right on, to me..;)

......................? :sorry :D

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Ok, i'm going to be painfully honest, and try not to argue, not that i'm right about this shot by the way.... but i don't think there is a feasible or viable system for telling if there is a kiss or not (ducking tomatoes thrown by freddy). I believe in almost any situation where you have a "dead kiss" with those rules (anybody's), you can move the 2 balls forward or backward on a line (ie not disturb the 2 balls being lined up with the pocket or whichever the rule), and there is no kiss. Wordy, but that is how i feel. I'm not saying the systems aren't useful, but i don't use them (ducking head of lettuce). Further, i do use systems when i kick, but when my body screams to hit a little shorter or longer i do that, which servers me well.... systems in kicking help me get lined up a little and give me confidence... truth it id probably be about the same kicker without them. I find them useful, just don't like to rely on anything on ever-changing (by the minute sometimes) pool tables (ducking an apple pie).

How about a hand grenade. It just so happens that my system of kiss or no kiss is applicable for any cross corner on the table.

All those that are in disagreement can win a lot of money if they can disprove my kiss system at Tunica. Or if they are smart, they will attend my Old School Seminar with Billy I, and Danny Di, and learn why I am so adamant about it.

Beard