B. Palmer vs. E. Reyes 2004 D.C.C.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
You see the score. It's Effren's shot. What would you do?

View attachment 6555

Bad spot to be in....best shot I see is to shoot into the short rail with max. inside english and kick the pink ball...I'd have to be at the table and see exactly how it layed, to decide whether I would kick it softly and try and tie up the two balls together, or kick it firmly...

With this type of ball score, if I have enough room/angle and I'm far enough off of that head rail to get enough inside english on the cueball to get under that pink ball - I always prefer to kick these shots softly in order to tie up the two balls....cuz by kicking the pink ball away firmly instead, you're almost fosure going to leave a straight back or a 3-railer on that 9ball.

- Ghost

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
I try....

I try....

.....to make a the pink stripe move away by smacking the nine medium hard.As long as it doesnt hit it square they should both be gone.If I had a world class stroke I would probably try something more exotic but I dont,cheers,James

Jimmy B

Verified Member

I agree with Ghost. If that is not available maybe look to see if you can do it this way

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Reyes Is a billiard player, he might like the two rail kick. long rail by the side comming up from the first diamond on the short rail.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Low right hand english slide down behind 9 ball hit pink stripe ball putting it on your side leaving cue ball near pocket.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
The trouble...

The trouble...

....with the kick off the bottom rail is theres still 2 balls on your oppo's side.So I would be hesitant there,cheers,James

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Bad spot to be in....best shot I see is to shoot into the short rail with max. inside english and kick the pink ball...I'd have to be at the table and see exactly how it layed, to decide whether I would kick it softly and try and tie up the two balls together, or kick it firmly...

With this type of ball score, if I have enough room/angle and I'm far enough off of that head rail to get enough inside english on the cueball to get under that pink ball - I always prefer to kick these shots softly in order to tie up the two balls....cuz by kicking the pink ball away firmly instead, you're almost fosure going to leave a straight back or a 3-railer on that 9ball.

- Ghost

The correct 'mistake free' shot is so obvious, even an APA 3 (like RBL, Ghoatsy or John Barton) should see it immediately..But, it may be too advanced for them..:rolleyes:
...An APA 4 (like Beardo) may spot it...I shall show the shot, after they ALL get through floundering around..:frus

SuperDuck <--Cannot believe these guys played for actual cash money (ie; over $40) :eek: :eek: :eek:

PS..Where were they, when the Duck was in his early 70's...Hiding out ???.:(

Last edited:

bstroud

Verified Member
I'm going into the side rail near the 9 with low right and killing the cue ball off the ball near the pocket. Not hard to stop the cue ball at all.

Bill S.

WillieNilly

Verified Member
From
N.E Pennsylvania
i like the kick to end rail ,RH english ....med/softly.... try to double the balls up for no bank.or cover the banking lane .
might try to clear em both also shooting the 9 into the other ,but thats more a desperation shot there.
i personaly dont like the rail first on the nine or the 13(?), can scratch very easily,or sell out , or leave a return bank if you dont hit it perfect.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Do I get half a cookie for at least calling two rails?

Hell yea. I will give you a whole box. OF ANIMAL CRACKERS. I want to see The Superducks obvious mistake free selection. I might just learn something. Screw that Efrum rays guy. He's obviously a damn sucker anyway. I'll try him some as soon as I scrounge up a backer......

mosconiac

Verified Member
We all know Efren leaves nothing to chance, so why kick 2-rails (softly) to the side rail into the 12B? That could leave a free bank on the 9B since the CB would either hit the top or side of the 12B...possibly moving the 12B into "bumper" position to make the pocket watermelon sized. If he hits it firm, he strengthens Billy's "ball on each side of the pocket position".

Would he have kicked 2-rails (softly) to the end rail...that would have left no bank on the 9B since the he would either hit the bottom or side of the 12B. Hitting the side pushes it toward the rail, taking away the banking lane for the 9B and avoids the "ball on each side of the pocket position". Resting on the bottom of the 12B is the goal, which cuts Billy off entirely.

What did Efren see?

WillieNilly

Verified Member
From
N.E Pennsylvania
Had he got to the back ofthe 12 it would be a good shot,forcing him to play off the 12 ball nothing offensive, ..... this probably wasnt where he wanted to leave billy at all.

ok, so its Billys shot, What now?

The straight back may be there for someone who knows the shot. could it go and draw back for the 12? or play it thick and off the 12?

I like going off the 9 and put the rock over by the top RH corner pocket /side rail.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Had he got to the back ofthe 12 it would be a good shot,forcing him to play off the 12 ball nothing offensive, ..... this probably wasnt where he wanted to leave billy at all.

ok, so its Billys shot, What now?

The straight back may be there for someone who knows the shot. could it go and draw back for the 12? or play it thick and off the 12?

I like going off the 9 and put the rock over by the top RH corner pocket /side rail.

I don't believe that shot can be drawn. :sorry
Rod.