Down to the last few...

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I thought that the 1P finals were to be played last night. But evidently they're being played tonight. I tried to call Col. Bille and also Cardone, but they're not answering. The word online is that the field is down to 3 players, with either Hall or Stone getting the bye:

Daulton (undefeated)
Justin Hall
Ryan Stone

To me, Daulton has a huge edge, still having a buy-back. He could perhaps literally buy himself into the finals...

Both Stone and Hall played fantastically all week. Should be a good final.

If Hall does well at all in the 9-ball, he'll be a shoo-in for the all-around, since he won the bank pool. Maybe even without the 9-ball!:)

Doc

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
According to the pool forums, in the finals Justin Hall beat Ryan Stone 3-1. I'll tell ya, the kid is an amazing player. He has a great stroke, a good bit of knowledge, and of course he has his 25-year-old confidence (don't know his age).:) I've heard that he's Richie Richeson's protege. Interesting that Richie came in 4th in the banks...

Stone is an impressive player as well. I watched him a little at the tournament without knowing who he was. He dispatched some top players.

What can one say about "The Cannon", Shannon Daulton? I could tell right away from watching his 1P match with Joyner that Shannon was in stroke. Marge said he really doesn't play much anymore, which makes his play even more impressive. They're both involved in their Southern Classic 9-ball tournament tour, which they run. The events are played on bar boxes, and Shannon of course doesn't play.

He's only 40, so he's just starting into the back end of his prime. Shannon is a very exciting player to watch, and I hope he keeps up his career for many years to come.

Doc

tylerdurden

Verified Member
^"He doesn't play much anymore", so sad. This is what I was alluding to in the other thread... how awesome would it be to watch these guys battle it out every week for a couple million for first. Oh man. And guys like shannon would be at the top of course, it is just too bad, but oh well -- sounds like it was a great event anyway.

Deeman

Verified Member
According to the pool forums, in the finals Justin Hall beat Ryan Stone 3-1. I'll tell ya, the kid is an amazing player. He has a great stroke, a good bit of knowledge, and of course he has his 25-year-old confidence (don't know his age).:) I've heard that he's Richie Richeson's protege. Interesting that Richie came in 4th in the banks...

Stone is an impressive player as well. I watched him a little at the tournament without knowing who he was. He dispatched some top players.

What can one say about "The Cannon", Shannon Daulton? I could tell right away from watching his 1P match with Joyner that Shannon was in stroke. Marge said he really doesn't play much anymore, which makes his play even more impressive. They're both involved in their Southern Classic 9-ball tournament tour, which they run. The events are played on bar boxes, and Shannon of course doesn't play.

He's only 40, so he's just starting into the back end of his prime. Shannon is a very exciting player to watch, and I hope he keeps up his career for many years to come.

Doc

Doc,

Did you notice the precisness of Shannon's stroke, much like he used to play. As well, Shannon did not get a single roll in his last two matches, not a one. Even when his opponent Stone or Hall made a mistake, they did not leave him much. Not to take anything away from the two finalists as they took great advantage when called on and made some terrific moves and shots. I left after two games in the final to avoid getting soaked on my motorcycle.

great to see you, Bille and everyone else.

DeeMan

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Hey bro-- Yeah, Shannon played real well all week. He looked like the Shannon of 10 years ago! I agree about his stroke: pure and accurate.

It was great to see you. And I even got to talk with DeeWoman once or twice. What a nice gal!

Next year the event will be in May. Otherwise we might catch you in Mobile at Breakers on Aug. 11-12.

Doc