• bb3.jpg
    bb3.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I need two, I'm shooting to make the 1b and send the 2b up and down.

he shot the shot shown
NOW ITS YOUR SHOT
this is how i assume billy started his game with shane (i wasnt there)
since he couldnt make a ball on the break
even if this isnt what billy did
the shot is a common one and im curious on peoples reply

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
he shot the shot shown
NOW ITS YOUR SHOT
this is how i assume billy started his game with shane (i wasnt there)
since he couldnt make a ball on the break
even if this isnt what billy did
the shot is a common one and im curious on peoples reply

I'm a little confused. The other guy shot and put both balls on my side?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Oops, Never mind !:frus:sorry
Rod.
P.S. Don't be confused we all make mistakes.

tom , rod
its all my fault....:(...:eek:
i took the layout from 1p.orgs collection of shots
and just figured everyone could read my mind
he broke and put balls on his side
'now its your turn
ill try to correct it above some how
:sorry for the confusion

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
tom , rod
its all my fault....:(...:eek:
i took the layout from 1p.orgs collection of shots
and just figured everyone could read my mind
he broke and put balls on his side
'now its your turn
ill try to correct it above some how
:sorry for the confusion

Here ya go.
Rod.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 0

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Larry...when you shoot that common shot, just hard enough for the cueball to end up frozen on the foot rail, that bottom ball does not end up way uptable like you have diagrammed it - if you're wanting to be realistic here, you should reconfigure that 2ball to end up somewhere in the side pocket vicinity instead.....and as for that shot - you do want to leave the cueball frozen on the foot rail, because the two spotted balls often end up somewhat aligned, so if you leave him frozen, he won't be able to knock them both away from your side and over to his side, while also drawing the cueball back and leaving you on the foot rail.

- Ghost

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Larry...when you shoot that common shot, just hard enough for the cueball to end up frozen (and you want to leave it frozen) on the foot rail...that bottom ball does not end up way uptable like you have diagrammed it :sorry if you're wanting to be realistic here, you should reconfigure that 2ball to somewhere in the side pocket vicinity instead...:cool:

- Ghost

ghost if this is better ill put it in post #1
jj2.jpg

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I would be trying to make sure he didn't get both balls. :D
Rod.
P.S. I always shoot that shot with 2 on the spot, it doesn't always turn out that well. I do get a lot of free 1st shots at my pocket.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 0

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
View attachment 6639

Larry....At rail freezing speed for the cueball, I believe you still have the 2ball going too far - I don't think it's going to go past the side pocket....try it several times on your table and check - maybe with fast cloth and live rails - and maybe someone else with a table at home will also test and report on that speed result.

- Ghost

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Larry....At rail freezing speed for the cueball, I believe you still have the 2ball going too far - I don't think it's going to go past the side pocket....try it several times on your table and check - and maybe someone else with a table at home will also test and report on that speed result.

- Ghost

I watched Cardone and Shane play for hours and Billy was intent on leaving the second ball far up table and usually accomplished it in the manner of III's initial diagram.
But you can forget about Billy getting a shot at his hole off of it. Shane consistantly defended against Billy's first shot and forced him to play safe. I cant even describe what he did because it was slightly different each time. I do know he often somehow, played the first ball 2 in the corner (off of the long rail)!

Beard

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I watched Cardone and Shane play for hours and Billy was intent on leaving the second ball far up table and usually accomplished it in the manner of III's initial diagram. <------Was he also/at the same, time endeavoring to leave Shane frozen on the foot rail?

But you can forget about Billy getting a shot at his hole off of it. Shane consistantly defended against Billy's first shot and forced him to play safe. I cant even describe what he did because it was slightly different each time. I do know he often somehow, played the first ball 2 in the corner (off of the long rail)!

Beard

......Ghost

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I would be trying to make sure he didn't get both balls. :D
Rod.
P.S. I always shoot that shot with 2 on the spot, it doesn't always turn out that well. I do get a lot of free 1st shots at my pocket.

Rod, the other guy only needs one ball. From there Rod, I would bank the 2 ball. Thats why I wouldnt leave the qb on the side rail.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
its your shot

YOU HAVE POCKET B

this is an edited post
i cannot delete the bottom layout
the layout showing pockt B is correct

View attachment 6637
This is a very difficult position to negotiate from but if i'm confronted with the challenge I would try to either do one of two things,. I would look to roll the 1 ball towards the 2 ball hopefully having it end up behind the 2 ball, and keep the cue ball as close to the bottom rail as possible. This option will at least leave both balls in a difficult position for a return bank. Even though you need both balls there will be times when playing conservatively will be the better option, especially if you're playing a world beater.

The other option would be a more aggressive one that carries possibly more of a reward, but certainly not the type of reward that we would like, i'll explain. In situations of this kind you as the shooter should look to position a ball on your side of the table and leave the cue ball near or frozen to the rail, leaving distance. This could possibly be accomplished by elevating and shooting the 1 ball with a medium hard speed in an attempt to move either the 1 or 2 balls to your side of the table, and position the cue ball close to or frozen to the bottom rail. If this shot is executed accurately you will then have successfully extended the game, with your opponent shooting off the rail facing shots that carry distance.

The pros and cons of both shots are, that the first option with rolling the 1 ball behind the 2 ball could result in giving up a relatively free return bank on either ball, depending on how they end up, but then again they could end up doubling up and your out of trouble. With the second option it's possible to either position one or even both balls on your side (not likely) either one should suffice, but there's also the possibility of losing control of either the 1 ball or the 2 ball and selling out an easier shot to your opponent.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
View attachment 6639
Playing the score when playing one ball one pocket could be a little tricky, there are often times regardless of needing one or both balls your shot choice will be the same, like here. (imo) I agree with Rodney in this type of situation, I would bank the 1 ball on my side and run the risk of leaving a possible two railer on the 2 ball, but by controlling either the 1 ball or the cue ball should be enough of a deterrent to your opponent.

Dr. Bill

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
billy im not trying to have you tell your strategy to wim
but im curious what did shane come up with for a reply
i assumne you broke like this so shane had similar look to respond to