Him vs. You.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Morning John, I think you shot the right shot shooting the 1ball bankJohn thinks that shooting the 2 ball in and playing safe was the shot. If you agree that he's the champ then that means you are wrong., don't allow these two guys to confuse you and question your judgement at the table. You're the champion at least the last time I looked you were.:D

Bill

In regards to CatfishBreath being the champ, you'd best look again. John Morra might have something to say about that.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
The reason I should never say what shot I would shoot.You won't give opinions in the One-Pocket forum because you don't think you play the game well enough. Now you say you shouldn't opine in the Banks forum. Are you nuts???

It would boggle most minds If I wrote a list of all the things I think of before shooting what I shoot I guess you think you're the only one who's ever done this, right?.That's the biggest reason why it takes me so long to shoot,sometimes. It takes you long to shoot because you don't decide what to shoot and then get down and shoot it. You actually look like you don't want to shoot.

I'll give a few.

Who I'm playing Makes no difference in a short-rack, short-race tournament.

what shots they are good at They are good at Bank Shots. That's tough to figure.

what shots they are not good at Probably spot-shots. Make sure to leave a bunch of 'em, but not for S.V.B., he's deadly on that 2-railer from the jaws of the uptable corner.

do they see free shots good I usually passed on free shots.

do they not see free shots good Did you used to play much Bankpool with Stevie Wonder & Ray Charles?

Do they move good It's not that tough to move in Bankpool.

do they shoot good but not move good Then they would be you.

Will they shoot at anything See above comment.

will they not shoot at anything A.B. DON'T play Bankpool

do they shoot straighbacks good I imagine they left straight-backs out of the curriculum at the Bankpool school.

do they shoot cross sides good,ect,ect Who don't???ect,ect,ect.

are they scared of me,or not You're in a tournament, they lost when they paid their entry fee, all they can do now is win. What's to be afraid of?

Is the table playing easy or tough. This applies to both of you so it doesn't matter.

One thing I do alot that most commentators or anybody watching, don't noticed is when I leave the cball in funny spots and on the double kiss for most players but to where I can beat the kiss if I make the ball. ( I can beat alot of kisses that most players won't have a clue how to make)Please.

I control the cball so good that I can get away with more than it looks.Please.

That's just a few of the things I think about before every shot.:lolPlease just list the rest on your next DVD, that way I can mute the sound on my free copy:D:p

I can guage a player pretty quick too.Gauge is one of the only words I've ever misspelled on this site. We are a pair:eek::) JB

CatfishBreath,

Just give your damn opinion when the opportunity presents, sheesh:frus.

Let me give you a little advice CFB; The next time you are shooting a bankshot in a tournament, look over the table, decide which shot to shoot, get down and shoot it. It's not that hard to do. You've got too much crap floating around in your head. The trick is to clear your mind and let things happen.

Cowboy "Talking To Doorknobs" Dennis

Last edited:

John Brumback

Verified Member
CatfishBreath,

Just give your damn opinion when the opportunity presents, sheesh:frus.

Let me give you a little advice CFB; The next time you are shooting a bankshot in a tournament, look over the table, decide which shot to shoot, get down and shoot it. It's not that hard to do. You've got too much crap floating around in your head. The trick is to clear your mind and let things happen.

Cowboy "Talking To Doorknobs" Dennis

I do get down and shoot......right after I figure out ALL THAT I SAID!!!!! :lol
Have a good evenin fellows,I'm going down to my lake house and do some chillin. Thanks for the advice,I'll try to do better for ya next time good buddy:). J cfb B

Damn I thought i spelled that right:eek:.My bad but also..WHATEVER Again:p

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I do get down and shoot......right after I figure out ALL THAT I SAID!!!!! :lol You are allegedly the Worlds Best Banker, the other guy is supposed to be thinking all this crap you moron:frus.

Damn I thought i spelled that right:eek:.My bad but also..WHATEVER Again:p

You also spelled ect,ect,ect,ect,ect,ect,ect,ect,ect, wrong but I didn't mention it:p.

It's an abbreviation for ETCETERA, ETCETERA, ETCETERA, ETC., ETC., ETC..;)

RBL

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
You do realize that Brumback said he wasn't joking, lying or BS'ing when he said he'd roll the 2 ball in, don't you? I would've bet $1000 that he was bullshitting us, I thought he recognized the layout and knew he was the shooter. I was wrong:(:sorry<<<------Doesn't happen often..enjoy it while you can. This means that CatfishBreath, Freddy & me are a trio again:D. A trio trying to beat a quad...quadriplegic that is:p.

Cowboy "been working hard all day" Dennis

Actually you're correct again, it's not often that you're wrong, and that's fact.
But you can be right ...like 100's of times...but if you happen to be wrong 'just once' it could ending up costing you more than you profited in all the other 100's of times.:D Did you know that? I thought so.:)

Dr. Bill

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
CatfishBreath,

Piggybanks said you were showing respect to Morra by not shooting the 7 cross-side.

PS: how would the 7 go cross side from there:eek? don't look right to me:eek::lol

I don't know if the 7 went or not but you looked at it three times including from the other side of the table and decided to shoot the 8 into the side-pocket tit:p. It looks from here that the 7 did go and was a better shot than the 8 but you saw that 6 & 3 sitting there for you after you make the 8. Always looking to run out aren't you:frus Like you've explained, you were tired and not thinking straight.

jb3.jpg

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
But you can be right ...like 100's of times...but if you happen to be wrong 'just once' it could ending up costing you more than you profited in all the other 100's of times.

Dr. Bill

That's almost exactly what I think everytime I start the tablesaw or the router as I'm leaving to do now:).

Cowboy "8 fingers & 2 thumbs" Dennis

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
That's almost exactly what I think everytime I start the tablesaw or the router as I'm leaving to do now:).

Cowboy "8 fingers & 2 thumbs" Dennis

That's a very good reply to my post that you've come up with 'router breath' As sharp as you seem to be it's a mystery to me why you're having such a hard time understanding my... crystal clear logic...on the subtleties of decision making when at the table. Maybe if I would print out my resume you could possibly buy ...more into my thoughts. Thoughts that have been tested and....proven to be effective.... against the worlds best players for over 50 years. Would you consider that to be a brag? If something is fact is it ok to brag about it, or not? Anyways I do consider myself as being one of the worlds premier authorities on the game of pocket billiards ....a game played on a pool table...And unlike Freddie, I don't charge a fee for my advice, maybe if I would I would be even more creditable. Be careful with that table saw.:)

Dr. Bill

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
That's a very good reply to my post that you've come up with 'router breath' As sharp as you seem to be it's a mystery to me why you're having such a hard time understanding my... crystal clear logic...on the subtleties of decision making when at the table. Maybe if I would print out my resume you could possibly buy ...more into my thoughts. Thoughts that have been tested and....proven to be effective.... against the worlds best players for over 50 years. Would you consider that to be a brag? If something is fact is it ok to brag about it, or not? Anyways I do consider myself as being one of the worlds premier authorities on the game of pocket billiards ....a game played on a pool table...And unlike Freddie, I don't charge a fee for my advice, maybe if I would I would be even more creditable. Be careful with that table saw.:)

Dr. Bill

Just like Fats told Fast Eddie, "Billy, you think a great game of pool, but as long as I am around, you will always be number 2!":sorry (When you consider where I am at, number 2 doesn't really sound so bad!):lol

Beard

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
As sharp as you seem to be it's a mystery to me why you're having such a hard time understanding my... crystal clear logic...on the subtleties of decision making when at the table.

Be careful with that table saw.:) Always.

Bill

Bill,

As sharp as you seem to be, it's a mystery to me why you're having such a hard time understanding that I'm not having a hard time understanding your "crystal clear logic" on the subtleties of decision-making when at the table, I'm having a hard time understanding why you think you're the only one that possesses it:).

Dennis

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Bill,

As sharp as you seem to be, it's a mystery to me why you're having such a hard time understanding that I'm not having a hard time understanding your "crystal clear logic" on the subtleties of decision-making when at the table, I'm having a hard time understanding why you think you're the only one that possesses it:).

Dennis

Dennis, contrary to what you believe, I am not the only one that thinks in terms of percentages when at the table. There are other players that think similar to the way I think, but not many at all. Judged from your responses when I try to break down a decision making type of situation that you can apply mathanatics to, you seem to quickly disagree with my deduction. Can you really explain why? If so I would like to hear why you feel that the 1ball bank for a world class player is not at least as good as a safety option that has little to no benefit in shooting it. Yes the safety has very little if any benefit.. I have in the past debated situations like this one with many great players, and was surprised to hear how little they knew about breaking down situations, mathamatically. Nick Varner...Artie Bodendorfer...Scott Frost... and many more didn't understand how to break down certain problems using percentages. So please stop saying that I feel that i'm the only one that can think in terms of percentages, there are many that can't, or don't. I'm really trying to open up a new way of evaluating certain situations for some who may be interested, no need to try to insult me when my intentions aren't to insult or belittle anyone. You seem to take offense about many things that I say, like i'm challenging your aptitude in one pocket knowledge when I disagree with a shot. I'm not mad or angry with you, you're just being you, and i'm just being me. "Router breath"

Dr. Bill <Master of poolology :p

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Dennis, contrary to what you believe, I am not the only one that thinks in terms of percentages when at the table. There are other players that think similar to the way I think, but not many at all. Judged from your responses when I try to break down a decision making type of situation that you can apply mathanatics to, you seem to quickly disagree with my deduction. Can you really explain why? If so I would like to hear why you feel that the 1ball bank for a world class player is not at least as good as a safety option that has little to no benefit in shooting it. Yes the safety has very little if any benefit.. I have in the past debated situations like this one with many great players, and was surprised to hear how little they knew about breaking down situations, mathamatically. Nick Varner...Artie Bodendorfer...Scott Frost... and many more didn't understand how to break down certain problems using percentages. So please stop saying that I feel that i'm the only one that can think in terms of percentages, there are many that can't, or don't. I'm really trying to open up a new way of evaluating certain situations for some who may be interested, no need to try to insult me when my intentions aren't to insult or belittle anyone. You seem to take offense about many things that I say, like i'm challenging your aptitude in one pocket knowledge when I disagree with a shot. I'm not mad or angry with you, you're just being you, and i'm just being me. "Router breath"

Bill

Bill,

First of all let's make one thing crystal clear; when I am trying to be insulting I don't cloak it behind words, it's out there in the open for all to see. I am not trying to insult you anymore than you are insulting me when you say that my wins the last few years I played were a result of "matching up well". I matched up probably worse than anyone I knew for 25 years. I played Red when I was 20 yrs. old for 24 hours when all of the players in my homeroom played better than me and none of them ever played him. I played McCue One-Pocket & Banks almost on sight till he quit playing and again after he started playing again with me giving him 8-7, culminating in our 5-ahead set for $1000 which was to be followed by a 5-ahead set for $2000(me betting my own as always) till an imbecile queered the game. Nobody in my homeroom ever gambled with John either. Almost nobody ever in this area ever bet a dime on me but you say I matched up well?:confused:. I matched up horribly, I lost thousands to many guys while I learned how to play this game and gamble at it. A man couldn't get a better education in this area than playing Red, John, Horseface & Miami and I earned & payed for my education but you want to negate that by saying I just match-up well. I can't think of more than 7 guys who ever bet on me: two of them were my brothers, two were very good friends and 3 were basically railbugs. I take as insult you saying that my wins were the result of matching up well but I ain't crying about it.

The next time you talk to your acquaintances in Detroit, ask them how many here who worked for a living ever played the action I did and would bet what I did. You don't have to post it here, I already know the answer. There's not a single player in Detroit, who worked for a living, that would play me and bet what I wanted. Not playing even One-Pocket on a pool table or a snooker table. Nobody. If I forgot someone please tell me, my memorie's not what it used to be.

If you want to know why I disagree with you on any particular layout or discussion you'd have to post it here and show it to me, all situations are different.

wincardona said:
If so I would like to hear why you feel that the 1ball bank for a world class player is not at least as good as a safety option that has little to no benefit in shooting it.

I told you once that when I comment on these layouts I'm figuring that I'm playing an equal player or I'm in an even game. In any of the three cases, I'd love to see my opponent shooting the 1 ball in the original layout in this thread. If you'll recall, Brumback said he'd roll the 2 in also even though he actually shot the 1 straight-back during the match. The 2 ball safety has one tremendous advantage that you've failed to note; it's real simple to execute. I've never said it'll win the game or get you elected President, it's just a very easy to execute safety that I like, that's all. I'll shoot it in and let my opponent decide what to do next. No big deal either way.

wincardona said:
I have in the past debated situations like this one with many great players, and was surprised to hear how little they knew about breaking down situations, mathamatically. Nick Varner...Artie Bodendorfer...Scott Frost... and many more didn't understand how to break down certain problems using percentages. So please stop saying that I feel that i'm the only one that can think in terms of percentages, there are many that can't, or don't.

Is this a miswrite? You say many others knew little about breaking down situations mathematically but you don't want to stand alone as the authority on the subject?:confused: Can others do what you do or not?

Cowboy "Router Breath" Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Wow !!!

Wow !!!

This could be a RECORD !!...Over 100 posts, with only two options...I was on pins and needles, waiting for the excitng climax...I hope you all have answered all the questions for the guys....This is why I rarely venture into a 'WWYD' thread...The poor guys wanting to learn from the OLD [sic] MASTERS, may be really amped up, (or they may nod off)...Carry on gentlemen...:rolleyes:

View attachment 6989

View attachment 6990

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
This could be a RECORD !!...Over 100 posts, with only two options...I was on pins and needles, waiting for the excitng climax...I hope you all have answered all the questions for the guys....This is why I rarely venture into a 'WWYD' thread...The poor guys wanting to learn from the OLD [sic] MASTERS, may be really amped up, (or they may nod off)...Carry on gentlemen...:rolleyes:

You rarely venture any farther than the liquor cabinet, that's why you don't opine on the delicate & complicated situations we post here:p.

P.S. Duckbrain, at 12:45 a.m. there were 16 people reading this thread. That may be a new record.

FF

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Bill,

First of all let's make one thing crystal clear; when I am trying to be insulting I don't cloak it behind words, it's out there in the open for all to see. I am not trying to insult you anymore than you are insulting me when you say that my wins the last few years I played were a result of "matching up well". I matched up probably worse than anyone I knew for 25 years. I played Red when I was 20 yrs. old for 24 hours when all of the players in my homeroom played better than me and none of them ever played him. I played McCue One-Pocket & Banks almost on sight till he quit playing and again after he started playing again with me giving him 8-7, culminating in our 5-ahead set for $1000 which was to be followed by a 5-ahead set for $2000(me betting my own as always) till an imbecile queered the game. Nobody in my homeroom ever gambled with John either. Almost nobody ever in this area ever bet a dime on me but you say I matched up well?:confused:. I matched up horribly, I lost thousands to many guys while I learned how to play this game and gamble at it. A man couldn't get a better education in this area than playing Red, John, Horseface & Miami and I earned & payed for my education but you want to negate that by saying I just match-up well. I can't think of more than 7 guys who ever bet on me: two of them were my brothers, two were very good friends and 3 were basically railbugs. I take as insult you saying that my wins were the result of matching up well but I ain't crying about it. (I don't recall you saying that you were a sucker for 25 years in the post that I commented on, matter of fact you implied the opposite when you ran through your victories, especially when you said that nobody beat you for 2 years when betting high money.:sorry That sounds like to me that you matched up well. No one can amass that kind of a record if they match up badly, or even if they match up close. But you misinterpreted my answer to your post as..... matching up good.... as the only reason that you were able to win at the rate that you won with, and I didn't say that) The next time you talk to your acquaintances in Detroit, ask them how many here who worked for a living ever played the action I did and would bet what I did. You don't have to post it here, I already know the answer. There's not a single player in Detroit, who worked for a living, that would play me and bet what I wanted. Not playing even One-Pocket on a pool table or a snooker table. Nobody. If I forgot someone please tell me, my memorie's not what it used to be.

If you want to know why I disagree with you on any particular layout or discussion you'd have to post it here and show it to me, all situations are different. ( Dennis, we're talking about a certain situation when Brumback banked the 1ball and I agreed that a...world class player...should shoot or at least consider shooting that shot. Which you strongly disagreed with when you said that you don't know anyone that would shoot that bank in that situation.)

I told you once that when I comment on these layouts I'm figuring that I'm playing an equal player or I'm in an even game. In any of the three cases, I'd love to see my opponent shooting the 1 ball in the original layout in this thread. ( Why do you keep referring to you, when I was very explicit in saying that...any world class player..should shoot or strongly consider shooting..That's my point, not what you or some one else would or should do. Furthermore i'm tryong to help educate players on a way to think when at the table, not that they don't know how to think but maybe they never thought in terms of the way i'm teaching. And to me either do you, respectively speaking. And yes my way of evaluating situations of these kinds are differnt than most, I look at it from the perspective of what figures to happen in the next several shots, and then base my opinion off of my deduction, which is based off of "percentages". That's why a world class player can and should shoot certain shots that other players can't or shouldn't. Then you go on to say since Brumback would shoot the 2ball, so then it's the correct shot.:sorry I don't put all my faith in what one person says, especially if I have experience in the area discussed. I may give it extra consideration but it's certainly not "Bible". like I mentioned before when I said that Varner..Frost, and others didn't understand nor used percentages as a determining factor.) If you'll recall, Brumback said he'd roll the 2 in also even though he actually shot the 1 straight-back during the match. The 2 ball safety has one tremendous advantage that you've failed to note; it's real simple to execute. I've never said it'll win the game or get you elected President, it's just a very easy to execute safety that I like, that's all. I'll shoot it in and let my opponent decide what to do next. No big deal either way. ( If that's all we had to do is figure out the simplest shot to execute and choose that option we all would be world beaters, but it's not that simple, never was, not even in this situation. And to choose a simple shot to execute, and then to go on to the next inning to see what your opponent does, is limiting yourself in terms of efficiency with your game.) Is this a miswrite? You say many others knew little about breaking down situations mathematically but you don't want to stand alone as the authority on the subject?:confused: Can others do what you do or not? ( I never said that I stood alone on the subject of playing the percentages (by applying actual math to it) But what I did say is that ...not many do..)[/SIZE]Cowboy "Router Breath" Dennis

All that's left is....Have a nice day.:)

Last edited: