You vs. Him

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
I can't.....

I can't.....

....play a good safe so Im going to bank the 6 one rail back[lower right].......

boingo

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
I need more than one and my opponent needs only 1 so safety is the top priority. I'd try to play the 6 into the lower
corner at pocket speed and leave the Qb on the left side rail. If the 6 doesn't drop the idea is tie up that corner so that he can't bank the 5 into the same corner. Bear in mind this is from someone who doesn't know bank pool.

Edit: Oops, right not left corner. On the bright side this gives Cowboy Dennis an opportunity to exercise his extensive vocabulary for describing the mentally deficient :) It also gives me a chance to pose an ignorant but sincere question about bank pool. If one were to call the 6 in the side off the end rail then off the 8 ball is that a legitimate shot? The idea is that were one to make the 6 it would also put the 8 ball back into play which is significant given the 4-2 score.​

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I need more than one and my opponent needs only 1 so safety is the top priority. I'd try to play the 6 into the lower
corner at pocket speed and leave the Qb on the left side rail. If the 6 doesn't drop the idea is tie up that corner so that he can't bank the 5 into the same corner. Bear in mind this is from someone who doesn't know bank pool.

Edit: Oops, right not left corner. On the bright side this gives Cowboy Dennis an opportunity to exercise his extensive vocabulary for describing the mentally deficient :) It also gives me a chance to pose an ignorant but sincere question about bank pool. If one were to call the 6 in the side off the end rail then off the 8 ball is that a legitimate shot? The idea is that were one to make the 6 it would also put the 8 ball back into play which is significant given the 4-2 score.​

Now why would I do that with a nice person like you???:D

When playing Banks, the called object ball cannot hit any other ball including the cueball, after the initial hit on it. No caroms allowed.

P.S. If you "edit" or "delete" a thread, you don't have to give a reason:p.

Dennis​

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
Good move

Good move

That was a good safe by Alex, it freed up the 8 ball, and if his opponent does not spear the straight back, Alex can now have an opportunity to run 3 and out for the win.