The Showdown in Chi-town

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Be careful bro...in days gone by, some guys played BETTER when they got jarred!

I'd like to take a piece of your end.

I guess that would NOT be me...The few times I got nailed, (jarred) I thought I was playing PERFECT !..Until I ran out of money..:rolleyes:

One time, they got to both me, AND my stakehorse...He didn't even care that I couldn't make a ball...He wanted to play for at least a million a game..:eek: :frus

PS..We slept in the car that night ! :p

Last edited:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
The clogs and jacket cinches it! But we know you're not that way, John. Bill? Well, he's just a wild 'n crazy guy!!

Doc

It was a Giants jacket. Yes I do go the way of the 49ers, ask my wife. I disappear on Monday. Thursday and Sundays into football bliss. The clogs help my back. Before I found them, an hour was my limit at the table. Now its until I'm broke.:eek:(about another twenty minutes)

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I guess the showdown was a letdown. No word, no boasting, its quieter than a Cardinal at a Giants game.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    5.9 KB · Views: 0

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Since it was kinda one-sided, I decided to be polite and not say anything...I'll just say - I won.

- Ghost

Allow me to tell it like it reaaly went down. i asked the Ghost if he would like to play on a Diamond with new cloth our game.10/8 one game 8/7 the next game He said that his game is ..two balls below his nomal speed playing on a Diamond table, so i oferred to changd the game to 10/8 evey game. it took him a day to decide to play. he came over to the apt to play, freddie was there when we started nd i started playing horribly as the Ghost on the other hand started off playing great. Thd Ghost ran balls vefy well running 7. and 8 and out in consecutive games. he also was managing well when at the table but did Imo get away with quite a few badly executed shots that he shouldnt of. He was able to gain a 6 game lead which I chopped down to two games, and then we quit. The 10/8 game is a tough game for both of us, which is probably the reason he hasn't answered any of my text messages for a rematch. Just trying to be polite.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
The 10/8 game is a tough game for both of us, which is probably the reason he hasn't answered any of my text messages for a rematch. Just trying to be polite.

Allow me to tell it like it ACTUALLY went down...you, my fellow members, need to hear the true story - y'all be the judge/judges...

And I'll try to keep being polite...:)...

I'll start by responding to the 'Dr.'s' last comment...I didn't answer any "text's" - not because I don't like the game..yeah right :rolleyes: - when I was leaving I asked when you'd be back, even though I was worried that I was sounding too anxious for you to come back :heh...no, I didn't "text", because since I'm not 17 yrs. old - I've never made or answered a text in my life - don't know how to, and don't want to know....but you have my phone number - I answered every call you or Freddy made to me this past week - all you had to do is call, if you really wanted to reach me...:rolleyes:...

Now, as for the game...

Allow me to tell it like it reaaly went down. i asked the Ghost if he would like to play on a Diamond with new cloth our game.10/8 one game 8/7 the next game He said that his game is ..two balls below his nomal speed playing on a Diamond table, so i oferred to changd the game to 10/8 evey game. it took him a day to decide to play. he came over to the apt to play, freddie was there when we started nd i started playing horribly as the Ghost on the other hand started off playing great. Thd Ghost ran balls vefy well running 7. and 8 and out in consecutive games. he also was managing well when at the table but did Imo get away with quite a few badly executed shots that he shouldnt of. He was able to gain a 6 game lead which I chopped down to two games, and then we quit.

Billy and I had an agreement to play at Chris's Billiards on the recently covered - tightened, etc. front-action-table...I called one of the owners and reserved that table for Sat. afternoon....then when I talk to Billy Friday night - he breaks his agreement with me, and won't play at Chris's..:eek:...and, he only want's to play at the place where he is staying, where they just recently put in a Diamond table...

...so let's see now...Billy has a Diamond table at home - he's been staying at this place in Chicago for 4 days by this point, practicing on this table - since there's no Diamond's in Chicago, the last time I hit a ball on a Diamond table (which, as we all know, play way different then the Gold Crown's I'm used to) was last January at the DCC....so Billy wants to break our agreement and wants me to come to his place the next day instead, and play on this strange (to me) table...:eek:...and he tries hard to get me to go for this...:rolleyes:...I say :sorry but I can't let you move on the poor old Ghost like that, and I decline the offer....but then since it's the only place he wants to play, I sleep on it, and call/tell him the next day, and tell him, ok, you got me...:)...continuing in the next post, cuz I ran out of smiley's...:)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Allow me to tell it like it reaaly went down. i asked the Ghost if he would like to play on a Diamond with new cloth our game.10/8 one game 8/7 the next game He said that his game is ..two balls below his nomal speed playing on a Diamond table, so i oferred to changd the game to 10/8 evey game. it took him a day to decide to play. he came over to the apt to play, freddie was there when we started nd i started playing horribly as the Ghost on the other hand started off playing great. Thd Ghost ran balls vefy well running 7. and 8 and out in consecutive games. he also was managing well when at the table but did Imo get away with quite a few badly executed shots that he shouldnt of. He was able to gain a 6 game lead which I chopped down to two games, and then we quit. The 10/8 game is a tough game for both of us, which is probably the reason he hasn't answered any of my text messages for a rematch. Just trying to be polite.

As I am no longer allowed to make any observations regarding one of the two principles here, (not you Bill. :p) I shall have to
ask your aging, old 'out of stroke' body, one question.. :confused:...........10 to 8 ???..:frus
PS..Just trying to be polite..:cool:

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
he came over to the apt to play, freddie was there when we started nd i started playing horribly as the Ghost on the other hand started off playing great. Thd Ghost ran balls vefy well running 7. and 8 and out in consecutive games. he also was managing well when at the table He was able to gain a 6 game lead which I chopped down to two games, and then we quit.

As for the match...continuing...

Last time we played, for health/age reasons :eek: we both agreed on a 4 hour time limit...unfortunately, after playing for 5 hours these days my game goes down the tubes...the last two One Pocket tournaments that I played in here in Chicago, because of pain, I had to forfeit after still being alive in the final 3 players in one tournament, and still in the final 4 in the other..:(...

Having never played on this table before...and Billy having had 5 days to practice on it...I won the first two games 8-0 and 8-1...:eek:...I was playing the way I'm capable of playing :cool: and that said...after we had played for 4-1/2 hours I was 6 games ahead...at this point I was getting tired, and my knee, back, and hernia pain was kicking in....but I kept playing out of respect for Billy being stuck....so then....

My game started steadily going down at this point - helping Billy to win the next 4 in a row...and we then quit after we had played 6-3/4 hrs...:eek:

- Ghost<------Strictly a speed horse - can't run 2 miles...:heh

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Since it was kinda one-sided, I decided to be polite and not say anything...I'll just say - I won.

- Ghost

Last time we played, for health/age reasons :eek: we both agreed on a 4 hour time limit...unfortunately, after playing for 5 hours these days my game goes down the tubes...the last two One Pocket tournaments that I played in here in Chicago, because of pain, I had to forfeit after still being alive in the final 3 players in one tournament, and still in the final 4 in the other..:(...
First
Having never played on this table before...and Billy having had 5 days to practice on it...I won the first two games 8-0 and 8-1...:eek:...I was playing the way I'm capable of playing :cool: and that said...after we had played for 4-1/2 hours I was 6 games ahead...at this point I was getting tired, and my knee, back, and hernia pain was kicking in....but I kept playing out of respect for Billy being stuck....so then....

My game started steadily going down at this point - Billy won the next o4 in a row...and we then quit after we had played 6-3/4 hrs...:eek:

First i would like to say that the table was reclothed on thhrsday and we played on saturday. i played about four hts of pool on the table on thur and friday. Four hrs. total. i didnt agree to play at chris's you suggested thT we could play there. i then went there to look at the table and it was a newly clothed table with phony rails and badly shimmed pockdts. So i decided i didnt want to play there. i would of played at red shoes but it was really an inconvenience for me go travel that far, especially since there was a wonderful Diamond table that we could play on at my apartment. the table was foreign to me as it was to you, beinv the first time i ever played on it. Didnt i.plahy you at redshoes on A table gou were vedy familiar with playing on? and i traveled from tx to play. also your speed xidnt drop the last few hours se played, i just startdd to play better, thats all. I enjoyed playing you regardless of how you feel about our game. its about the challenge to me, not so much about who wins. I still wznt to play you some more, maybe next time it wont be so ....one sided...

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I don't know for sure

I don't know for sure

how the one-pocket match went, but the argument should be called on account of darkness - mostly because that's only about an hour away. :heh :D

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
No bet from me, John.:rolleyes: I just read through the thread, and what Ghost seems to be saying is that he can beat Billy any time or place that they play, as long as Ghost is not too tired...:D

Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
im confused

what" apatrment" has a diamond in it???
where you staying at freddys and playing on freddys table???
just askin:)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I am betting that Ghost gets the final word(Post) in this discussion. Any takers?

Yes, you're faded, I'll take that bet - is $5,000 ok for the bet?...:D

- Ghosty

PS, I took a break from listening to my 3 different Bears pre-game shows to jump on this offer...:heh

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa

My game started steadily going down at this point - helping Billy to win the next 4 in a row...and we then quit after we had played 6-3/4 hrs...:eek:

Four hours????? You kiddink me? It takes four hours to get my back loose enough to play. If you're not willing to play from opening to closing, our game is off.:frus You're really losing out, my income just doubled since I started collecting SS. I have several twenties left over every month.:confused: