One Hole

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
While trying to stay in college (SIU) Carbondale during the late sixities, I instead, spent 80hrs a week for those three weeks, the last three years at Johnson City (didn't graduate) new all other games cept this one till now. I always remember the agressive nature and mass ball migrations, that RA was able to create. This is a fun way to play and how I now approach this game just from reading all the posts here, thx. One pocket to me now, has an interesting passive agressive nature to it. Also seeing Grady in town here early seventies, he had a center ball punch type shot that gave him the unique cue ball control to ''walk the ball'' no matter how hard he hit whitey. He was very good with a slight angel/long rail of bringing whitey completely to the other side of the table.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
While trying to stay in college (SIU) Carbondale during the late sixities, I instead, spent 80hrs a week for those three weeks, the last three years at Johnson City (didn't graduate) new all other games cept this one till now. I always remember the agressive nature and mass ball migrations, that RA was able to create. This is a fun way to play and how I now approach this game just from reading all the posts here, thx. One pocket to me now, has an interesting passive agressive nature to it. Also seeing Grady in town here early seventies, he had a center ball punch type shot that gave him the unique cue ball control to ''walk the ball'' no matter how hard he hit whitey. He was very good with a slight angel/long rail of bringing whitey completely to the other side of the table.

Grady came to the Golden Cue (where you and I played) when I was playing the best pool of my life and gave me 8/6 and got the money.

His ability to seem to invent a shot on the spot in almost any situation impressed me the most. I know now that he practiced a lot of those goofy shots or variations of them. They worked well for The Professor.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Grady came to the Golden Cue (where you and I played) when I was playing the best pool of my life and gave me 8/6 and got the money.

His ability to seem to invent a shot on the spot in almost any situation impressed me the most. I know now that he practiced a lot of those goofy shots or variations of them. They worked well for The Professor.

Actually John I do remember when he was out west at the room, legs crossed, eating bannanas and oranges and his gutteral giggling and banter, he was workin' it....just right.