Ab

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
How do we as a forum... entice AB to start posting again... I still want to be able to play mistake free one pocket... His posts, were enlightening...

Bille

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
How do we as a forum... entice AB to start posting again... I still want to be able to play mistake free one pocket... His posts, were enlightening...

Bille

Bille,

I've heard from three different sources that AB is writing a book with Eddie Robin. That info may be wrong but think about if it's right. Two exacting perfectionists like AB & ER writing a book could take a while. ER is particularly wary of any book turning out like WOP (first edition) with it's errata sheets.

If they are writing a book, and I would bet on it, we will hear from them when the book is for sale I'm sure.

Cowboy "been wrong before" Dennis

Skin

Verified Member
Bille,

I've heard from three different sources that AB is writing a book with Eddie Robin. That info may be wrong but think about if it's right. Two exacting perfectionists like AB & ER writing a book could take a while. ER is particularly wary of any book turning out like WOP (first edition) with it's errata sheets.

If they are writing a book, and I would bet on it, we will hear from them when the book is for sale I'm sure.

I don't know. This could turn out badly if ER is doing the saying and AB is doing the writing. ;) :)

tylerdurden

Verified Member

Bille

Dennis is right I believe. I heard Artie mention the book, I think, in a scott frost one pocket commentary on youtube. IF I remember correctly, Artie really wasn't interested in talking about it too much. To be perfectly honest, and this is not a knock in any way - quite the opposite, it makes "Artie sense" to me, if people want to hear what you have to say, why say it for free?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Well that's good news! Artie plays things pretty close to his vest, so I could see where he'd want to keep it under the radar, saving the hoopla for when it's published. Maybe I'll give him a call this weekend to check it out. Unless of course Fred wants to spill the beans...;)

Doc

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Bille,

This is a QUOTE from AB, "Eddie ant doing nothing for me"

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Dennis is right I believe. I heard Artie mention the book, I think, in a scott frost one pocket commentary on youtube. IF I remember correctly, Artie really wasn't interested in talking about it too much. To be perfectly honest, and this is not a knock in any way - quite the opposite, it makes "Artie sense" to me, if people want to hear what you have to say, why say it for free?

I think it was Larry Schwartz who mentioned the book and AB clammed up like a whore in church.

P.S. I've written this at least 5 times and maybe more on this site, I don't know why anyone would act surprised to hear it now.

CBD

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I havent talked to Artie in a couple of months. No particular reason Probably call him soon. I couldnt possibly imagine Artie doing a book with Eddie Robin.

Incidentally, I have had Artie's handwritten notes on his 8 ball book, Quantum Eight Ball for at least 5 years. The title was my idea. Artie dont know Quantum from "Quit 'em."

They are 4 inches of 8 x 11 lined, yellow note pads. 2 or 3 billion words, at least half misspelled. I gave it a shot to wade thru it and put it into a workable form but I would have needed a months supply of crystal meth. Much of the material repeats itself due to his re edits.

If one uses a word processing program and you edit something you just change some words and create a new single document. Since Arthur cant use Microsoft Word he would just rewrite the whole thing over. Hence ten 8 x 11 lined pads of work.

Beard

ChrisBanks

Verified Member
From
Rochester, NY
I havent talked to Artie in a couple of months. No particular reason Probably call him soon. I couldnt possibly imagine Artie doing a book with Eddie Robin.

Incidentally, I have had Artie's handwritten notes on his 8 ball book, Quantum Eight Ball for at least 5 years. The title was my idea. Artie dont know Quantum from "Quit 'em."

They are 4 inches of 8 x 11 lined, yellow note pads. 2 or 3 billion words, at least half misspelled. I gave it a shot to wade thru it and put it into a workable form but I would have needed a months supply of crystal meth. Much of the material repeats itself due to his re edits.

If one uses a word processing program and you edit something you just change some words and create a new single document. Since Arthur cant use Microsoft Word he would just rewrite the whole thing over. Hence ten 8 x 11 lined pads of work.

Beard

I would buy this book in a second!

Skin

Verified Member

Beard

Artie Quantum Eight Ball story, Zippy Quantum Skeezix strip - hangin' ten on a common vibe here, Fred? ;)

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL

Beard

Next time you feel like giving it a try, try using Dragon. I want to get it for Christmas. It looks awesome.

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
Great stuff!

Great stuff!

They are 4 inches of 8 x 11 lined, yellow note pads. 2 or 3 billion words, at least half misspelled. I gave it a shot to wade thru it and put it into a workable form but I would have needed a months supply of crystal meth.

Beard

More smiles and chuckles from the Beard! :D

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Bille,

This is a QUOTE from AB, "Eddie ant doing nothing for me"

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Bill,

If you'll reread my post above you'll see that I never said that Eddie Robin was "doing something" for Artie. I said they're doing it together and I also said I could be wrong. But I'd bet $20 on it:D.

Dennis

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Bill,

If you'll reread my post above you'll see that I never said that Eddie Robin was "doing something" for Artie. I said they're doing it together and I also said I could be wrong. But I'd bet $20 on it:D.

Dennis

Dennis,

I'll fade your $20 on the proposition that they publish a book together. I hope I lose.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Yes...

Yes...

...Dragon Naturally Speaking,my friend has been using it since the 80's for his book writing,works great,cheers,Bob last I saw it was like 160$ or so