i'm retiring from the dcc..........

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
:sorry:sorryI have played in all 14 DCC's , but after arriving there this past Friday at 10 am, and sitting on my butt until 0830 pm that night to play my first match, i have concluded the wait is more than i need !! I couldn't miss a ball earlier in the day, but after waiting 10.5 hours to play, i was struggling. So i am officially retired.
I will go down and watch the final day of banks and be content with that.
Am now reconsidering, might play after all, ain't nothing else going on that time of the year.

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I have played in all 14 DCC's , but after arriving there this past Friday at 10 am, and sitting on my butt until 0830 pm that night to play my first match, i have concluded the wait is more than i need !! I couldn't miss a ball earlier in the day, but after waiting 10.5 hours to play, i was struggling. So i am officially retired.
I will go down and watch the final day of banks and be content with that.
Big Jim

Jim, join the club "gettin old ain't for Sissies"
Rod.

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
I concur Jim. Even in our local league team play if they hold me to shoot last I do not play as well as if I shot first or second. Just get tired sitting/waiting and can't concentrate as well. Old age sucks but the alternative is nothing to brag about either.

Later, Pel

JohnInNH

Verified Member
From
GOFFSTOWN, NH
Hey Jim,

Sorry to hear that your giving it up, I'm 72 and still going strong, hope to meet you at the DCC, I'll be playing in the banks and 1 pocket tournaments.

John

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Well, after 11 months from when this post started, perhaps Big Jim has reconsidered.:) I'm only 68, but Winter in the North in a confined space guarantees that I'd get the flu. My immune system ain't what it used to be. So the DCC and I must part ways too.

But Greg told me last Summer that the Tunica event will be in May this year (2013), which is a perfect time. So I'm going to stick to the warm weather events from now on. You other old duffs, like Rod and Dick would like the weather as well.;) North Miss. in May is ideal-- before it gets sticky.

The Pelican will be there, and he loves to bet it up! In fact, if they had Calcutta's, Pel would probably go bankrupt!! ~Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Well, after 11 months from when this post started, perhaps Big Jim has reconsidered.:) I'm only 68, but Winter in the North in a confined space guarantees that I'd get the flu. My immune system ain't what it used to be. So the DCC and I must part ways too.

But Greg told me last Summer that the Tunica event will be in May this year (2013), which is a perfect time. So I'm going to stick to the warm weather events from now on. You other old duffs, like Rod and Dick would like the weather as well.;) North Miss. in May is ideal-- before it gets sticky.

The Pelican will be there, and he loves to bet it up! In fact, if they had Calcutta's, Pel would probably go bankrupt!! ~Doc

I am giving it up too Doc. Tunica is a possibility, but then there is Las Vegas two months later.

I was going to make a trip to Chicago to visit Red Shoes and play The Ghost this month and then I thought better about it. I am fighting off a bad cold here for the last week from staying up all night at a tournament.

The problem is I won't get enough sleep when I go to the DCC or any other tournament that lasts several days, and I end up getting run down and come down with something.

I will miss seeing everyone and getting a little action and going to the H O F dinner, but I will be 74 next B D and need to slow down a little. Sucks.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I am giving it up too Doc. Tunica is a possibility, but then there is Las Vegas two months later.

I was going to make a trip to Chicago to visit Red Shoes and play The Ghost this month and then I thought better about it. I am fighting off a bad cold here for the last week from staying up all night at a tournament.

The problem is I won't get enough sleep when I go to the DCC or any other tournament that lasts several days, and I end up getting run down and come down with something.

I will miss seeing everyone and getting a little action and going to the H O F dinner, but I will be 74 next B D and need to slow down a little. Sucks.

Damn John, if you're scared, just say you're scared.

Beard

I have a Russian steam bath in my house that you can use to beat that cold.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Damn John, if you're scared, just say you're scared.

Beard

I have a Russian steam bath in my house that you can use to beat that cold.

I am still coming when it warms up some. There are a few rooms I want to visit while I can still draw my ball and Red Shoes is one and I promised the Ghost a little action. I will bring enough $$ for a few side bets too. If I win, I will try a little parlay with someone.

I will go off pretty good playing golf on the snooker table if there are any golf games there.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I am still coming when it warms up some. There are a few rooms I want to visit while I can still draw my ball and Red Shoes is one and I promised the Ghost a little action. I will bring enough $$ for a few side bets too. If I win, I will try a little parlay with someone.

I will go off pretty good playing golf on the snooker table if there are any golf games there.

Would this be the infalable "Henderson Parlay System" ?... If it is, I want in !...Because I think you are way overdue for a big score !..Plus..I think you are a coupla balls better, than ANYBODY from Chicago ...Just make 'em bet over '?' (well, almost anything that 'folds')...If if they can scare up a stakehorse, you have a shot to win REALLY big '$'...(ie. bus fare and a flea bag hotel money, sans hooker)..:D

PS..Come to Phx. instead John, where you can win more money accidently, Then you can in Chicago, on purpose..:lol
PPS..Do NOT rent a car..I saw where the thieving bastards just went to $6.50 PER HR.. for metered parking.:eek:

Last edited:

Betdapot

Verified Member
Would this be the infallable "Henderson Parlay System" ?... If it is, I want in !...Because I think you are way overdue for a big score !..Plus..I think you are a coupla balls better, than ANYBODY from Chicago ..Just make 'em bet over '$'...If if they can scare up a stakehorse, you have a shot to win big '$$'...(ie. bus fare and a flea bag hotel money, sans hookers)..:D

PS..Come to Phx. instead John, where you can win more money accidently, Then you can in Chicago, on purpose..:lol :lol

Anybody from Chicago? Chris Gentile says hi

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Many more SUCKERS in Phoenix, than Chicago! Just look at poster #12, PERFECT example of why many hustlers have made scores in Phx. Players in Chicago are schooled not to be so easily trapped, by conventional methods!

But, John H. is the exception, He's a class act. This man is the way the elderly pool player should live out their days, in the arena, NOT sitting at home in self pity

That's why NOT many road players escaped with their bank-rolls intact, especially when it came to, Banks, One Pocket and Oh Yeh, that "niche" game, 3 Cushion. Not much action in, "What's the name of that game", golf. It’s a game for old men that can't shoot anymore, to idle the day away at the local room. Since 1 game might take 2-3 hrs with 4-5 players, talk about a "House Game".

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

P.S. Most everyone on this forum have a, Merry Xmas & Happy New Year!

SJDinPHX

Suspended
???????????????

???????????????

Anybody from Chicago? Chris Gentile says hi

Betdapot,

I could have sworn I answered your question, quite amicably..But it seems to have disappeared...As best I can remember, it went something like this..

"I know there are a several good, younger players in Chicago (only due to its huge population)..There may actually be MORE good player's, in Bald Knob, Arkansas :cool:...Also, in the 'vanished' post, I made it quite clear, am a big fan of Chris Gentiles game, and his calm, intelligent demeanor...(which is VERY un-Chicagolike)...He is probably an adopted orphan from California... Its a real shame he wound up in "bragging purgatory"..:p..

However Mr. Betdapot, please note; I was refering to John H's chances with HIS peer's,..(I.e.; the Ghoastess, and da Beard")...I may have thrown in a few jocular quips, about how much [sic] actual '$' John could win,...and a few other mild (but truthful) digs at my adversary(s)...Which must have prompted Pincushion's, paranoid, idiotic, insulting, and humorless reply, (post #15)...Which WAS allowed to stand, unimpeached, by the sensible (and usually fair) moderator's ? :confused:

Just curious why the 'power's that be', saw fit to remove my MILD observations, and leave Mr. P's, rambling, ego-driven, and idiotic, assault, intact ??? :confused: ...This thread is over, as far as I'm concerned...and I am NOT trying to ressurect it, nor become invasive to the sanctity of the bank pool forum...Just wanted YOU, to hear my answer, uncensored !... (or, I may possibly just have just forgotten to push the reply button. ;))

SJD

PS..It has always amazed me, how 'Mr.PC' can actually form ANY response, given his limited command of the english language !...I wish he would just let his 'niche game', die a peaceful death...Hold it, he is about to post another [sick] dis-jointed reply....:eek:

Last edited:

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
didn't retire.

didn't retire.

I changed my mind, i am entered in the banks again, didn't want to break a perfect attendance record at the dcc, bnuall there. b.jim