Player sponsorship to Derby City

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Okay, here is my revised list. I am not including any players that have already opted out, or already been sponsored in the past, or are non-members. I have at the top a small group of players who have been nominated and have confirmed their interest/availability.

These confirmed candidates are:

Steve Lomako (either Banks or One Pocket ?)
Bernie Pettipiece (One Pocket)
Lou Figueroa (One Pocket ?)
Deeman (Banks)

In addition, there are other players who have been nominated but we do not know for sure if they can accept and represent us or not. These players will need to chime in if they want to be considered -- also it would be good to know if they want to be considered for Banks or One Pocket (that goes for a couple of the above players as well):

Unconfirmed nominations:

Larry
Dennis
Androd
Sappo
Dudley
CaliRed
Miller
Petie
Big Jim (Banks)

Let's try to clear up the field by say next Wednesday night, so we can move on to making our final choices.

PS It is great to see posts here and there (and private messages) offering $$ support -- keep that coming if it is something you can help with, because definitely for some players, they could use the extra support. You can do it anonymously or publicly -- whatever your preference it is still appreciated!!

I cant believe i am not nominated.. Is this about some charity type thing or are you trying to send someone who can win it?

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I cant believe i am not nominated.. Is this about some charity type thing or are you trying to send someone who can win it?

I didn't know I was nominated until just now. Thank you to whoever did it. You really made my day. But let's get real. Just about everybody on this site could give me the hit and the pick--especially in this last year where age seems to be catching up to me. If its allowed, I would like to transfer any votes for me to His Royal Hackness. I know he is controvercial at times and has and ego the size of Miami but that's what makes him The OnepocketHacker. If you ever spent any time with him, you'd be laughing and enjoying life like he does. I nominate Robert Melrose.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I didn't know I was nominated until just now. Thank you to whoever did it. You really made my day. But let's get real. Just about everybody on this site could give me the hit and the pick--especially in this last year where age seems to be catching up to me. If its allowed, I would like to transfer any votes for me to His Royal Hackness. I know he is controvercial at times and has and ego the size of Miami but that's what makes him The OnepocketHacker. If you ever spent any time with him, you'd be laughing and enjoying life like he does. I nominate Robert Melrose.

I second that nom. I didn't know he was interested in playing the tournament, but if he is, by all means, yes!!!

onepockethacker

Verified Member

LOL thanks Petie AND Jimmy. I really do appreciate you 2 guys doing that. I was just asking a realistic question thats all. I appreciate the nomination but I will pass. Let the buddy system resume on here..carry on:) I had to basically nominate myself so screw it LOL Unfortunately everything on here just like the Hall of Fame voting is done on the buddy system. Oh well.. thats life.

P.S. I nominate Bill Smith for the Banks division and SJD for the one pocket division...but they have to room together :D:lol:lol:lol

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
LOL thanks Petie AND Jimmy. I really do appreciate you 2 guys doing that. I was just asking a realistic question thats all. I appreciate the nomination but I will pass. Let the buddy system resume on here..carry on:) I had to basically nominate myself so screw it LOL Unfortunately everything on here just like the Hall of Fame voting is done on the buddy system. Oh well.. thats life.

P.S. I nominate Bill Smith for the Banks division and SJD for the one pocket division...but they have to room together :D:lol:lol:lol

Fer Chrissakes, the whole world is based on the buddy system. I'll nominate you myself. Besides you were supposed to take me on in a woofin session anyway. Remember?

Beard

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Fer Chrissakes, the whole world is based on the buddy system. I'll nominate you myself. Besides you were supposed to take me on in a woofin session anyway. Remember?

Beard[/QUOTE

LOL Thanks for the nomination Freddy... I appreciate it also. In all seriousness I would be honored to represent the site. I am going to the Derby. When I go Im usually looking for action. I only played in the tournaments 1 year and I got 2 top 10's. Its hard to do both play the tournaments and get action. If I was putting myself in the tournament I might forfeit a match if I had good action at the same time.... However.. If I was representing Onepocket.org I would give my full concentration to the one pocket tournament and put action on hold. All that being said I don't think I'm going to win a popularity contest around here LMFAO
I actual would like to see you get the Banks nomination...you definitely deserve it. As far as the woofing contest I have to be in the mood, when im at my brutal best I don't plan it out it just happens:)

onepockethacker

Verified Member
One other thing. If this site really wants to promote one pocket and bank pool, you should make sure that guys like Freddy, Billy I, etc. have one pocket.org shirts they can wear while they are at the derby. Having recognizable guys like that promoting the site will probably increase membership.. just a thought

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
One other thing. If this site really wants to promote one pocket and bank pool, you should make sure that guys like Freddy, Billy I, etc. have one pocket.org shirts they can wear while they are at the derby. Having recognizable guys like that promoting the site will probably increase membership.. just a thought
I will bring shirts.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Updated list of nominations

Updated list of nominations

Deeman (Banks)
onepockethacker

In addition, there are other players who have been nominated but we do not know for sure if they can accept and represent us or not. These players will need to chime in if they want to be considered -- also it would be good to know if they want to be considered for Banks or One Pocket (that goes for a couple of the above players as well):

Unconfirmed nominations:

Larry
Dennis
Androd
Sappo
Dudley
CaliRed
Miller
Big Jim (Banks)

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area

Deeman (Banks)
onepockethacker

Unconfirmed nominations:

Larry
Dennis
Androd
Sappo
Dudley
CaliRed
Miller
Big Jim (Banks)

i don't belong on this list (maybe in a couple/few years...:eek:)

what paypal address do you want funds sent to?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Deeman (Banks)
onepockethacker

Unconfirmed nominations:

Larry
Dennis
Androd
Sappo
Dudley
CaliRed
Miller
Big Jim (Banks)

onepockethacker [B said:
LOL Thanks for the nomination Freddy... I appreciate it also. In all seriousness I would be honored to represent the site.
If I was putting myself in the tournament I might forfeit a match if I had good action at the same time.... However.. If I was representing Onepocket.org I would give my full concentration to the one pocket tournament and put action on hold. [/B]All that being said I don't think I'm going to win a popularity contest around here LMFAO
I actual would like to see you get the Banks nomination...you definitely deserve it. As far as the woofing contest I have to be in the mood, when im at my brutal best I don't plan it out it just happens

i will not be attending this year.
i appreciate the kind thoughts from the ghost:)
robert (onepockethacker) my question to you was serious and not a sign that i wouldnt endorse you
i would definitely vote for onepockethacker to represent us based on his post above bolded.i must say this though.you have been quite consistent saying how you gamble to win and sometimes have marks you go after. so i ask again wont you playing your best in the tournament for us affect your action?? that would be my only resevation in you getting my vote.
since i iassume you are going for the cash more than any trophies??
oh yeah one more thing makes me hesitant......
steve do you have a shirt that will fit him?????:D:heh
:sorry i couldnt resist
you have the skill,you have been a contributer and you can stir the pot
all noble qualities.....you lack alittle in the respect your elders category though...:eek::D

onepockethacker

Verified Member
i will not be attending this year.
i appreciate the kind thoughts from the ghost:)
robert (onepockethacker) my question to you was serious and not a sign that i wouldnt endorse you
i would definitely vote for onepockethacker to represent us based on his post above bolded.i must say this though.you have been quite consistent saying how you gamble to win and sometimes have marks you go after. so i ask again wont you playing your best in the tournament for us affect your action?? that would be my only resevation in you getting my vote.
since i iassume you are going for the cash more than any trophies??
oh yeah one more thing makes me hesitant......
steve do you have a shirt that will fit him?????:D:heh
:sorry i couldnt resist
all noble qualities.....you lack alittle in the respect your elders category though...:eek::D

Im sure Steve has a shirt for me... medium is a quite common shirt :) TRIPLE X Steve if your listening LOL Here is a fact for you Larry that will be a shock.... I prefer to play on teams than singles, always have. I was on 2 TAP national championship teams, 2 Bar Owner national championship teams ( we beat a monster team from OHIO in the final. Race to 13 alternate breaks BCA style format. It was 7 to 7 before a racker got to shoot a ball, 14 break and runs to start the final. Came down double hill and I broke and ran for the $ 10,000) Played on the BCA a few years ago and we got 5th out of over 650 teams. I love the camaraderie and if I was representing Onepocket.org it would feel like a team effort. Nobody likes to be the villain all the time Steve:D As far as knocking action, guys are dying to play me. Take Billy I. for example, I shot his nuts off and he is dying to play again. :lol ( had to take a shot there Billy) just joking. My only problem with pool Larry is whether im motivated and right now Im real motivated.

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
all noble qualities.....you lack alittle in the respect your elders category though...:eek:

Larry,

The Hacker or Bernie, may possibly be our best bet, to go deep Larry...I only have two concerns re; the Hacker..:cool:

#1..I question his 'mental toughness' and fortitude..(not talking about "GUTS" here..We all know he has [sic] PLENTY of those)...Just recalling, back when we were trading insults, how a guy, who is over TWICE his age, (moi) had him groveling, and begging forgiveness !...:sorry: :p

#2..And this may be even more important...He has NEVER, ever, had a lesson, from yours truly, wheras, Bernie has had many, many hours..;)...Blame it on geography, if you will, but that kind training is priceless !...OPH should have hopped on a plane, and I would have done my best to fit him in !..:rolleyes: ;) (speaking of 'fitting', I hope he has gotten down to 'single seat' air fare rates ?)LMFAO

SuperDuck <--So based on those two EXTREME shortcomings, (LOL)... the Duck will have to go with his 'homey'....the Bern-man..!

PS..Hacker, try and get out here this coming year..(call for appt)... I can fine tune your game, and you will be amazed at how much room you have, for improvement.......I also have special, discounted rates, (as low as $500 an hr.)..... for 'fairly' advanced player's !...Look what I've done for Frost ?..:cool: :p
........................................................................................................:focus

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Im sure Steve has a shirt for me... medium is a quite common shirt :) TRIPLE X Steve if your listening LOL Here is a fact for you Larry that will be a shock.... I prefer to play on teams than singles, always have. I was on 2 TAP national championship teams, 2 Bar Owner national championship teams ( we beat a monster team from OHIO in the final. Race to 13 alternate breaks BCA style format. It was 7 to 7 before a racker got to shoot a ball, 14 break and runs to start the final. Came down double hill and I broke and ran for the $ 10,000) Played on the BCA a few years ago and we got 5th out of over 650 teams. I love the camaraderie and if I was representing Onepocket.org it would feel like a team effort. Nobody likes to be the villain all the time Steve:D As far as knocking action, guys are dying to play me. Take Billy I. for example, I shot his nuts off and he is dying to play again. :lol ( had to take a shot there Billy) just joking. My only problem with pool Larry is whether im motivated and right now Im real motivated.

robert check your pm
im with you if you are for us:)
fwiw
hes my # 1 for one pocket
i would have voted for col bille based on our personal relationship and how much it would mean to him
billy incardona withdrew
bernie/lou are good candidates
but hacker is SPICEY
steve can you confirm you have a shirt or 2 that fits him???:D

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Okay, here is my revised list. I am not including any players that have already opted out, or already been sponsored in the past, or are non-members. I have at the top a small group of players who have been nominated and have confirmed their interest/availability.

Deeman (Banks)

Unconfirmed nominations:

Larry
Dennis
Androd
Sappo
Dudley
CaliRed
Miller
Petie
Big Jim (Banks)

Let's try to clear up the field by say next Wednesday night, so we can move on to making our final choices.

PS It is great to see posts here and there (and private messages) offering $$ support -- keep that coming if it is something you can help with, because definitely for some players, they could use the extra support. You can do it anonymously or publicly -- whatever your preference it is still appreciated!!

1pocket only.

Lou Figueroa
couldn't spell Banks if spotted
the B and the A

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Larry

Larry

Thanks for the support... I really hope i get to go... I think the hacker might bring some spice also... but I have witnessed Bernie P, and followed his progress last year... if he plays as good this time he has a real shot...
if I do show up though, hacker we can see just what you can do... Ill take 10-6 and the breaks...

B

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Thanks for the support... I really hope i get to go... I think the hacker might bring some spice also... but I have witnessed Bernie P, and followed his progress last year... if he plays as good this time he has a real shot...
if I do show up though, hacker we can see just what you can do... Ill take 10-6 and the breaks...

B

LOL I dont know who you are or how you play? I guess you are implying that Bernie P plays better than me... very interesting :D

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Okay, once again thanks to Greg Sullivan, we will be able to sponsor an initial entry into both the Banks and the One Pocket at Derby City again this year. Buy backs are not covered unless we raise some extra money.

How do you all want to proceed with this that will be fun and generate buzz for Derby City and OnePocket.org?

remember what this thread is about????

:frus.........:focus