Ochoa vs. Daz

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Appleton blew a 4 to -2 lead in game five by missing an ill-advised, mickey-mouse, cross-corner bank badly. Ochoa battled back and won the match after Daz scratched in the side-pocket here, needing two balls.

dazvsso.jpg

8andout

Verified Member
Nice close-up of the shot. is that a referee behind him, or a cameraman?

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
In the player meeting they said " if you jack up at least 45 degrees that a foul/push probably won't be called". That a tough spot to be in.

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
In the player meeting they said " if you jack up at least 45 degrees that a foul/push probably won't be called". That a tough spot to be in.

I really hate the derby interpretation of this rule. It allows for some shots that I would call a foul on to be legal.

It doesn't matter if the cue ball moves forward with the object ball as long as you jack up. I personally have never played this way except for at the DCC.

It allows you to double hit and do things with the cue ball that aren't possible with a clean single hit. -stupid rule in my opinion.

I think they play it this way to eliminate disagreements and the number of times a ref is called over to a match to watch a hit.

Dudley

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I agree with Dud 100%.

What was the shot to put him there behind that 2? A little bad luck to get him straight in I guess, or maybe he had to throw it to one side a little. There aint nothing to do but shoot there though, that is for dang sure. It is a case of the bad rule won the game for the wrong player imo - but it is exciting! So you only care if you are daz, or betting on him I guess.

Where did the cb stop for his next shot anyway, like close to the 1 or break up the stack or something, lol. Just can't agree more the things that are still "legal" in one pocket are just ridiculous. The other thing is, do they measure the "45 degrees" or something, or eyeball it. IS it 45 degrees throughout the stroke, or the start? Just really bad all around. All ridiculous questions, but ridiculous questions pop up when you have a ridiculous rule.

If I would have paid my entry for this, and traveled to get there, expenses etc, I would have went over on this shot and said I dont think he is at 45 degrees. Maybe they would say "he is". I'd then ask that they show me with an objective measuring tool, and I'd state that my livelihood is on the line here, and I want to see that he is at, and stay at 45 degrees minimum. I think it is perfectly reasonable since they have put a number like that in the rules to ask for this. Again, ridiculous things are asked when there are ridiculous rules.

Last edited: