I guess it's no good...

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
Never mind. Nobody likes a crybaby. My apologies.
Keep it adult. Alfiue

Last edited:

JAM

Verified Member
Never mind. Nobody likes a crybaby. My apologies.
Keep it adult. Alfiue

Mr. Taylor, it has been my experience that folks who selflessly do things for the betterment of pool for FREE are often disregarded by many -- not all -- in the pool culture. Your efforts, however, do not go unnoticed, at least by me.

Please don't take the lack of response as a negative. I know all too well what it's like to put your heart and soul into something and have no response.

My advice to you is to do what makes *you* happy in your pool world. If your book is your pride and joy, then be proud. It takes a lot of time and effort to complete a project of this size. I've been working on mine for over 10 years, and I still can't get it finished, so bravo to you! :)

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
I have no....

I have no....

....idea what your talking about.As the above guy says I have been following your posts the last few months and find you to be an asset.A positive.Ergo,as the story goes like energy attracts so even when one is losing alot of the time he's winning on another level somewhere.Were all mostly traveling at different speeds in parallel paths yet were not alone.It's a small world but I'd hate to paint it,cheers,James

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Alfie, whatever you are apologizing for - don't. Most of us write for our own entertainment, and it's only no good if you didn't have any fun doing it. That's especially true when you are writing about pool or pool players. Only pool players are your market, and most of them are not big readers. Keep writing. I'll read. :) :D

Note that sunnyone is keeping up with the DCC - by ppv I think - and writing some pretty good insightful stuff for us every day. Note also that nobody seems to be paying much attention - that's part of the gig - but I'm certain she is enjoying it.

Bill

Last edited:

Skin

Verified Member
I don't know, Alfie. It's all good, man.

Skin

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Bill, you are plenty old enough, to know of what you speak

Bill, you are plenty old enough, to know of what you speak

Alfie, whatever you are apologizing for - don't. Most of us write for our own entertainment, and it's only no good if you didn't have any fun doing it.

V-man, allow me to make a few pertinent observations, re; Mr. Taylors questionable recall, and DVD production skills !.....In the 45 yrs. or so, I have called him a close friend, I was anxiously awaiting his book, knowing it would be a first class venture, as all his endeavors are..!

I was a little miffed, when his only recall from the 60's, was of him, "unfairly"robbing ME, for $300..!..NO mention of the "Hurricane One Pocket" (his words) thrashing, I put on U.J. Puckett at the Cotton Bowling Palace, of which he and brother Jack had their $$$ on U.J....Whereupon, rightfully so, I replaced U.J., as his new 'one pocket hero' and 'tush hog' !...At least he did compare me with his dear mother, (who MUST have been a Saint)..I was grateful for that ! Fortunately, our friendship has endured, I think ?..(Alfie, where in the hell were you last week ?) :rolleyes:

I am quite sure even the "Beard", (my sworn frenemy).. will give me more ink, in his upcoming [sic] NON-FICTIONAL "old school" masterpiece !..(maybe ;))... By the way, Beardmonster..I have found another guy who knew of me..(we must be up to four or five now, huh ?)...> http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=3992453&postcount=6..One can only assume, his travels, may be more extensive than yours..:cool:

vapros said:
Note that sunnyone is keeping up with the DCC - by ppv I think - and writing some pretty good insightful stuff for us every day. Note also that nobody seems to be paying much attention.

Bill, I have noticed, Ms. Sunnyone's observation's have wandered futher and further 'off topic' with each passing day..She will need a "BIG FINISH", to regain her rabid fan's attention..(of which I WAS one)..Also, it would be nice, if she occasionally responded to us 'poor peon's..:eek:

SuperDuck <---Tells it like it is !!! :

Last edited:

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
V-man, allow me to make a few pertinent observations, re; Mr. Taylors writing recall, and DVD production skills !..In the 45 yrs. or so, I have called him a close friend, I was anxiously awaiting his book, knowing it would be a first class venture, as all his endeavors are..!

I was a little miffed, when his only recall from the 60's, was of "robbing ME" for $300..!..NO mention of the "Hurricane One Pocket" (his words) thrashing, I put on U.J. Puckett at the Cotton Bowling Palace, of which he and brother Jack had their $$$ on U.J.... Thus, I replaced U.J., as his new 'one pocket hero' and 'tush hog' !...At least he did compare me with his dear mother, (who MUST have been a Saint)..I was grateful for that ! Fortunately, our friendship has endured, I think ?..(Alfie, where in the hell were you last week ?) :rolleyes:

I am quite sure even the "Beard", (my sworn frenemy).. will give me more ink, in his upcoming [sic] NON-FICTIONAL "old school" masterpiece !..(maybe ;))... By the way, Beardmonster..I have found another guy who knew of me..(we must be up to four or five now, huh ?)http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=3990618&postcount=2

V-man, allow me to make a few pertinent observations, re; Mr. Taylors writing recall, and DVD production skills !..In the 45 yrs. or so, I have called him a close friend, I was anxiously awaiting his book, knowing it would be a first class venture, as all his endeavors are..!

I was a little miffed, when his only recall from the 60's, was of "robbing ME" for $300..!..NO mention of the "Hurricane One Pocket" (his words) thrashing, I put on U.J. Puckett at the Cotton Bowling Palace, of which he and brother Jack had their $$$ on U.J.... Thus, I replaced U.J., as his new 'one pocket hero' and 'tush hog' !...At least he did compare me with his dear mother, (who MUST have been a Saint)..I was grateful for that ! Fortunately, our friendship has endured, I think ?..(Alfie, where in the hell were you last week ?) :rolleyes:

I am quite sure even the "Beard", (my sworn frenemy).. will give me more ink, in his upcoming [sic] NON-FICTIONAL "old school" masterpiece !..(maybe ;))... By the way, Beardmonster..I have found another guy who knew of me..(we must be up to four or five now, huh ?)

Bill, I have noticed, Ms. Sunnyone's observation's have wandered futher and further 'off topic' with each passing day..She will need a "BIG FINISH", to regain her rabid fan's attention..(of which I WAS one)..Also, it would be nice, if she occasionally responded to us 'poor peon's..:eek:

SuperDuck <---Tells it like it is !!! :p

SuperDuck <---Tells it like it is !!! :p

Gosh, Dick. I'm sorry I didn't talk more about your couple of victories at the Cotton Palace. And, FYI. If it hadn't been for you putting something in Puckett's drink, he would have shot you full of holes. Hahaha.
Love ya' buddy.
Keep it truthful. Alfie

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Gosh, Dick. I'm sorry I didn't talk more about your couple of victories at the Cotton Palace. And, FYI. If it hadn't been for you putting something in Puckett's drink, he would have shot you full of holes. Hahaha.
Love ya' buddy.
Keep it truthful. Alfie

Lets do lunch !.. (on you) :)

PS..I didn't NEED to do anything, to destroy your hero !. I actually had to stall !...However, I do admit to 'jarring' ALL his sponsor's, so they wouldn't pull up..! :lol :lol :lol..(and I haven't forgotten the 'air barrell' either):(

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Ducky, I'm concerned about you. Are you copying and pasting this stuff with a trembling hand, or have you created a new posting glitch? A visit to Dr. Billy is in order, and I think you should be waiting on the stoop when he opens the office at 1:45 on Monday.

If Mr. Taylor has misremembered your match with Utley Puckett, you might let us in on what really happened. By the way, I was in action a couple of times at Hap Morse's Young Street Lanes in the early fifties, and I am thinking there were pool tables there also. Either of you guys ever been there? Also, some of us would like to hear about your adventures as a tush hog. There's so much you older guys could share with us. :heh

Anyway, if Alfie writes another book, I am certain there will be numerous stories about San Jose Dick. There's something you can think about. Be well, pal.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Ducky, I'm concerned about you. Are you copying and pasting this stuff with a trembling hand, or have you created a new posting glitch? A visit to Dr. Billy is in order, and I think you should be waiting on the stoop when he opens the office at 1:45 on Monday. <---Can't get in...He is working full-time with the Hacker, trying to get him over his depression from the 'Melissa match' !..;)

If Mr. Taylor has misremembered your match with Utley Puckett, you might let us in on what really happened..He didn't 'misremember', it's HIS book..How many losses did he admit too ? ('bout as many as "the (Deleted)" will, in his "Encyclopedia"..ZERO !)...By the way, I was in action a couple of times at Hap Morse's Young Street Lanes in the early fifties, and I am thinking there were pool tables there also. Either of you guys ever been there? Also, some of us would like to hear about your adventures as a tush hog. There's so much you older guys could share with us. :heh

Anyway, if Alfie writes another book, I am certain there will be numerous stories about San Jose Dick. There's something you can think about. Be well, pal.

I have corrected my rare typo (extra) paragraph, in my prior post. I may have had a little too much root beer, when I wrote that post...As for my 'tush hog' days, I cannot comment on them, because some issues are still under litigation...Those pansy-asses Vernon Litton, and Charley Boyd, are suing me for kicking the crap out of them...George McGann was suing me too, but I whacked him some years back !...Alfie will vouch for me on this...(unless he's forgotten)..Back in the day...you did NOT 'F@@k with the Duck'..;)

Tush McDuck

Last edited: