Solve a riddle__win a prize

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Asking a guard to point one finger at the exit, and the other to the liar is one question. I won this already. Tell me why i did not win :confused::D

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Asking a guard to point one finger at the exit, and the other to the liar is one question. I won this already. Tell me why i did not win :confused::D

Asking a guard to point one finger at the exit is a request, not a question. Asking the other guard to point at the liar is another request. Neither are questions. You lose. Pay up sucker:p.

RBL

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Asking a guard to point one finger at the exit is a request, not a question. Asking the other guard to point at the liar is another request. Neither are questions. You lose. Pay up sucker:p.

RBL

No! Same guard.

Ok, walk up to one guard and say "If you were to point one finger at the exit door, and the other finger at the liar, what and who would your two fingers be pointing at"? lol

If he says he'd point at himself, choose the opposite door he indicates. Vice versa...

Riddle solved. Ok, what do i get? :)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
No! Same guard.

Ok, walk up to one guard and say "If you were to point one finger at the exit door, and the other finger at the liartwo suppositions, what and who would your two fingers be pointing at"?two questions lol

If he says he'd point at himself, choose the opposite door he indicates. Vice versa...

Riddle solved. Ok, what do i get? :)

You lose. Get a job:D.

P.S. I've been doing these type questions longer than anyone on this site and I know all the in & outs. I also know how to word them properly.

RBL

tylerdurden

Verified Member
You lose. Get a job:D.

P.S. I've been doing these type questions longer than anyone on this site and I know all the in & outs. I also know how to word them properly.

RBL

I am so bad at these. I have never gotten one. I do have a job btw :frus

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
The supposition is all part of the question I asked of one guard. There was no restrictions mentioned about how the question must or must not be phrased. Who's riddle is this anyway? I don't mind if I didn't win, but let's get ALL the rules at one time and not have to get them piecemeal.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
The supposition is all part of the question I asked of one guard. There was no restrictions mentioned about how the question must or must not be phrased. Who's riddle is this anyway? I don't mind if I didn't win, but let's get ALL the rules at one time and not have to get them piecemeal.

The supposition and the question are two different things. You only get to ask one question, that's all, no suppositions.

P.S. This riddle has been around for 100 years and it belongs to nobody.

Dennis

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I understand that, Dennis.
I am simply asking in reference to the contest.

It's an old thread, Tom. I remember when Alfie put it up because it reminded me of the first time I had heard it. It was when I use to listen to talk radio late at night. A very popular host, Bill Corsair on WCAU AM in Philadelphia did a show with lots of sports talk and trivia etc. The callers would have nick names sort of like some people do on here. I would call in and talk sometimes. There was a psychic on there who would tell you things about yourself. Kind of spooky. I think it was Howard Sheldon. Anyway you got the gist of it. One door is the nuts and one door sucks and you determine it by asking one guard what the other guard would say about a particular door. In Bill Corsair's riddle, you had to ask one of them one simple question that had to be answered by the answer yes or no. Just word it properly.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
You are in a room with two exit doors. One of them leads to FREEDOM and one leads to DEATH. There are two guards guarding the doors. One of the guards must tell you the truth and the other must lie to you. You only have one question to save yourself, that you can ask to only one guard.
WHAT WOULD YOU ASK TO INSURE YOUR FREEDOM?

Ok Guys how 'bout this for an answer:

"Would the other guard say that you are guarding the path to freedom".

Let me save you a headache Tom. The riddle, as it's written, cannot have a correct answer. It was not stated that the liar & truthteller each know what the other is, therefore your question wouldn't apply:(.

If it had been stated that the liar & truthteller each know what the other is then your answer would work:D.

These type riddles must be accurately asked to be accurately answered. I have extremely simple questions that nobody in my life have ever answered correctly, in fact, even when I give the answers I sometimes have to argue and explain the answers. Some people get extremely agitated and angry when they can't understand the answers. It's the reason I'm particular about the wording of the question or riddle in the first place.

Dennis

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Let me save you a headache Tom. The riddle, as it's written, cannot have a correct answer. It was not stated that the liar & truthteller each know what the other is, therefore your question wouldn't apply:(.

If it had been stated that the liar & truthteller each know what the other is then your answer would work:D.

These type riddles must be accurately asked to be accurately answered. I have extremely simple questions that nobody in my life have ever answered correctly, in fact, even when I give the answers I sometimes have to argue and explain the answers. Some people get extremely agitated and angry when they can't understand the answers. It's the reason I'm particular about the wording of the question or riddle in the first place.

Dennis

I see your point Dennis. So what was the Alfie's point in this fruitless exercise?:confused::)

Tom

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I'd just ask him if Paradise is spelled like this, and if he says yes then he's not the person whom always lies. The liar would of had to of changed it to be misspelled. Still don't like my chances.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I'd torture one of the guards, either one, and make him tell me the correct door.