how to shoot this ?

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
safety

safety

I was playing today and the same shot came up. I thought it out for a couple minutes and decided to roll it slowly,left nothing for my opponent to shoot.I won game on next shot.I aimed to hit ball full and double kissed it as played. You have to trust your stroke.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I finally got to a table today to try out the shots. Surprisingly I hung the ball in my pocket when trying the back-cut, inside english bank!

The two-railer is definitely not an option. (it is if you're dumping)

Even though I almost made the back-cut bank, I wouldn't shoot it in a serious game. ( You can shoot it in certain situations,ect,ect) I'd shoot one of the safeties. Two-railing the OB to the foot rail is good, but I had better feel for simply slow rolling the CB up to the OB, leaving them both near the head rail. ( the two rail safety requires an exact angle to feel comfortable shooting. Rolling the cue ball up to the ball softly is ok however, there are time when you get a double kiss and sell out a return bank) Cutting the OB towards the pocket is okay too, as long as it doesn't go in the hole...;) (This is my preference. I aim to under cut the ball with good speed to control the ob)

Doc

Thanks Doc for the report on your findings. I remember Grady shooting the two railer on me and scratching in the corner pocket, after that I never considered the two railer an option. Not that I did before watching him shoot it, but it confirmed what I believed to be a bad shot.

Tell the boys in New Orleans that i'll come down if they want to match up fairly. I'm 10/7 under Ronnie Wiseman.

Dr. Bill

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I finally got to a table today to try out the shots. Surprisingly I hung the ball in my pocket when trying the back-cut, inside english bank!

The two-railer is definitely not an option.

Doc

OK Doc and Bill, I guess I will retract my original 2-railer choice...Please note though, that I never thought about playing to make it...Only to get it somewhere on my 1/4 of the table...It would be easy to see, (at the table) how much of the OB you'd have to hit, to kill the cue ball..Must be getting too decrepit for WWYD's..:rolleyes:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I guess, based on people who have actually TRIED the shot, I have to will retract my original 2-railer choice...Please note though, that I never thought about playing to make it...Only to get it somewhere on my 1/4 of the table...It would be easy to see, (at the table) how much of the OB you'd have to hit, to kill the cue ball on that end !..Must be getting too decrepit for WWYD's..:rolleyes:

Dearest "Weak Backbone" McDuck,

You've gotta be the most wishy-washiest poolplayer in existence. You like your safety, you tell how you'd shoot it and then, because someone else says they don't like it(and it's not even the same shot) you change your mind. What a c@nt.

P.S. I tried to call you at 11 a.m. to let you know I was sending that check. Too late now:p, I spent the money on a cheap hooker ($46) and some of Jenna's finest ($53 for a 1.75 litre bottle):D.

P.Ps. Grow a pair Ducky:lol

P.P.Ps You must be 10-4 under RW.

Edit for morons: RW= Ronnie Wiseman.

Edit for bigger morons: RW can come here and give me 10-7 and then give it to others:p He ain't giving nuthin' to nobody.

RBL

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Thanks Doc for the report on your findings. I remember Grady shooting the two railer on me and scratching in the corner pocket, after that I never considered the two railer an option. Not that I did before watching him shoot it, but it confirmed what I believed to be a bad shot.

Tell the boys in New Orleans that i'll come down if they want to match up fairly. I'm 10/7 under Ronnie Wiseman. Dr. Bill

Did Grady scratch in the same corner where the 2-railer was meant to pocket? I think that's where the CB wants to go at that angle.

Okay, if I get Wiseman to give you 10-7, I'll expect 10% total jelly-- without me putting up any dough...;) Just kidding! I haven't been over to Big Sleazy for quite awhile. But if Wiseman gives you 10-7, I'd appreciate you allowing to put up a little piece of the action.:) Maybe in Tunica?

Doc

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Dearest "Weak Backbone" McDuck,

You've gotta be the most wishy-washiest poolplayer in existence. You like your safety, you tell how you'd shoot it and then, because someone else says they don't like it(and it's not even the same shot) you change your mind. What a c@nt.

P.S. I tried to call you at 11 a.m. to let you know I was sending that check. Too late now:p, I spent the money on a cheap hooker ($46) and some of Jenna's finest ($53 for a 1.75 litre bottle):D.

P.Ps. Grow a pair Ducky:lol

P.P.Ps You must be 10-4 under RW.

Edit for morons: RW= Ronnie Wiseman.

Edit for bigger morons: RW can come here and give me 10-7 and then give it to others:p He ain't giving nuthin' to nobody.

RBL

I am not a "Can't"...That makes no sense, even coming from a 'pussy' ! :rolleyes:

I already have a 'pair' !..Compared to yours, it would be 'apples 'n acorns' :sorry: (They do get sore at times, from all my fan's
'dangling' so much)

PS..ANYONE who can draw their ball, can easily give you 10/7..! :D

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Did Grady scratch in the same corner where the 2-railer was meant to pocket? I think that's where the CB wants to go at that angle.

Okay, if I get Wiseman to give you 10-7, I'll expect 10% total jelly-- without me putting up any dough...;) Just kidding! I haven't been over to Big Sleazy for quite awhile. But if Wiseman gives you 10-7, I'd appreciate you allowing to put up a little piece of the action.:) Maybe in Tunica?

Doc
The two railer that I was referring to carried the angle that requires a cut on the OB. The distance of the shot was somewhat similar to the distance of this shot, so it had to be hit with speed if you were playing it to make it. The cue ball would travel two cushions (short) toward your opponents pocket and if missed the OB would go back up table. Grady undercut the OB and scratched two in the corner.

You wouldn't want 10% of my action playing Wiseman or any player around his speed, my game has suffered immensely. However, I could squeek out a win...thats how close it is.

Dr. Bill