US Open One Pocket -- OnePocket.org player sponsorship

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Seeing the US Open One Pocket banner atop the forum pages reminds me that it is definitely time to choose a player to sponsor to this great event!

http://playbca.com/Events/ALLUPCOMINGEVENTS.aspx

Based on how we have done this for prior events, let's again try to send someone who we have not sent before. At the very least, the sponsored player will get their entry fee covered (or reimbursed in the event they have already paid).

In addition, I will accept player/OnePocket.org sponsorship donations (to be split between supporting the sponsored player and OnePocket.org expenses). I will have a drawing for anyone who donates to the sponsorship fund at the same 1 for $20, 3 for $50 and 7 for $100 chances. Like we did for Derby City, voting will be by Private Message to me, and I will give extra weight to votes from those who donate to the sponsorship fund. How does that all sound?

Player nominations are now open and I will update the list of candidates based on getting confirmation back that they would indeed be able to go and would like to represent OnePocket.org :)

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Fast lenny

Fast lenny

I would like to nominate Fast Lenny Marshall. Lenny contributes alot to one pocket. He streams both from arizona and at least twice he went to mountain view california to stream that great event. He always contributes merchandise for drawings and charities. Lenny also has become a real good player, not the caliber to win but he plays well enough to particapate.

So i say get behind Lenny and reward him for all he has done for us. Keith

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I would like to nominate Fast Lenny Marshall. Lenny contributes alot to one pocket. He streams both from arizona and at least twice he went to mountain view california to stream that great event. He always contributes merchandise for drawings and charities. Lenny also has become a real good player, not the caliber to win but he plays well enough to particapate.

I agree completely. Fast Lenny is THE man:).

Dennis

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Since Steve Booth is going and half the money is going towards his expense's, I say just send Steve and put him in ALL the events. Keep him busy and getting in stroke but he still has to take pictures.

If there's a raffle to raise the money I have some items I'll donate towards it.

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Who's going to take the Tunica entry this year? Was that decided yet?

I forgot who got the entry Greg donated last year for Tunica. Anybody remember and how they did?

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
I've had an idea for a while.

Why don't the players that get picked...if they cash...ship half back to the site to have a nest egg already started for the next tournament.

Never know...we might get a big bankroll after a few events.

markgriffin

Verified Member

The irony here is absolutely hilarious..:lol:lol Lets see whose light bulb goes on first:D

Very astute!!

But, I actually think Fast Lenny would be a good nominee.
PLUS you should be able to avoid all the transportation costs - since he will be in Las Vgeas filming Bonus Ball!!!!

But maybe he can 'come on down' and play one pocket!

Maybe - with no transportation costs, OnePocket.org might be able to sponsor 2 people!

Mark Griffin, CEO
CSI - BCAPL - USAPL

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI

Lenny will be busy with Bonus Ball.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Very astute!!

But, I actually think Fast Lenny would be a good nominee.
PLUS you should be able to avoid all the transportation costs - since he will be in Las Vgeas filming Bonus Ball!!!!

But maybe he can 'come on down' and play one pocket!

Maybe - with no transportation costs, OnePocket.org might be able to sponsor 2 people!

Mark Griffin, CEO
CSI - BCAPL - USAPL

Thank you, LOL I didn't know you were on the site because if I did I KNEW you would get it!! LOL
By the way the 2 classiest people in pool are you and Greg Sullivan BY FAR. I would like to thank both of you for everything you have done for pool( and you sure as hell didn't do it for the money) I have said this many times that pool needs 1!!! organization and YOU and Greg need to be in charge.. Select a board of directors, have mandatory drug testing, everyone get on the same page and organized and than maybe for ONCE pool could have a presentable product for sponsors.

Last edited:

markgriffin

Verified Member

To see who is signed up:

go to www.playbca.com

events menu (drop down)

click on 2013 US Open events

The 3 events will pop up and clik on the proper one and it will tell you who is signed up.

Mark Griffin

markgriffin

Verified Member

BTW - I think Fast Lenny would be a great choice.
Perhaps he can find time to play!

And the added benefit is that Lenny will be in Vegas so no transportatin or hotel.

Maybe ONE POCKET.ORG could send two people!!

With or without the Bonus Ball players, we are looking forward to all of our US Open events.

But - as stated before, if the pro players will not support our efforts to promote the game, we may not be able to support them.

BUT - we will still continue to do pro events.

They might be invitationals - which will only be open to maybe 12-16 players.
That way we get 'super high quality matches' and can cut our expenses by many thousands. (It costs me $10K to bring in 20 of the tables!).

Mark Griffin, CEO

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
BTW - I think Fast Lenny would be a great choice.
Perhaps he can find time to play!

And the added benefit is that Lenny will be in Vegas so no transportatin or hotel.

Maybe ONE POCKET.ORG could send two people!!

With or without the Bonus Ball players, we are looking forward to all of our US Open events.

But - as stated before, if the pro players will not support our efforts to promote the game, we may not be able to support them.

BUT - we will still continue to do pro events.

They might be invitationals - which will only be open to maybe 12-16 players.
That way we get 'super high quality matches' and can cut our expenses by many thousands. (It costs me $10K to bring in 20 of the tables!).

Mark Griffin, CEO

Mark, does this mean the pros at Bonus Ball will not be at the US Open One Pocket event??

markgriffin

Verified Member

Sappo,

i do not know which pros will be at the One Pocket or the other two events.

They always sign up at the last minute - so nothing will probalby change on that account.

I am hoping the we will have a good field.
If you go by the pros, we never had 'that many' in previous years.

When it is all over and done with, we will have an event and we will have a 2013 US Open One Pocket Champion.

Like any other event, the success is a result of the people who support the event.

This year is a little awkward - but I woul dexpect we will have quite a few sign up - maybe just a little later than usual.

Mark Griffin

backplaying

Verified Member
Lenny loves the game and does a lot to promote it. I haven't seen him play in a while but heard he had really improved. I think he would be a great pick to play for this site.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Thank you, LOL I didn't know you were on the site because if I did I KNEW you would get it!! LOL
By the way the 2 classiest people in pool are you and Greg Sullivan BY FAR. I would like to thank both of you for everything you have done for pool( and you sure as hell didn't do it for the money) I have said this many times that pool needs 1!!! organization and YOU and Greg need to be in charge.. Select a board of directors, have mandatory drug testing, everyone get on the same page and organized and than maybe for ONCE pool could have a presentable product for sponsors.

i nominate mr. onepockethacker, that dude can play.

Lenny loves the game and does a lot to promote it. I haven't seen him play in a while but heard he had really improved. I think he would be a great pick to play for this site.

I agree and would like to thank Mr. Griffin and Mr. Sullivan also very much. If we had some cooperation it would be a different story. Lenny would be a good choice indeed. Just don't let him bring that Bonus Ball crew over to try to stream it. Let Lenny stream it himself. But I'm a big time lover and supporter of Bonus Ball. I can't get enough of it. But those streamers, I can do without. I think they could **** up a pack of BB's in five minutes to where they wouldn't even fit in an air rifle. What I don't get is that on the same night of the big debut, I was also watching the big Boston Strong concert. Well their stream was ****ing up and freezing and doing all kinds of weird shit, but in just a few minutes it was perfect and so clear and smooth. And I know damn well they had at least a hundred viewers for every bonus ball watcher. So Lenny, get their ass on the stick and straighten them out, so I can get my fix of Bonus Ball. I like those girls too. The little brunette is so fine. They should maybe let them go give the player a massage now and then on the shoulders and arms. Reminiscent of The World Series Of Poker. Would be a nice touch to get girls more involved. Nothing improper or too risque of course.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I'm going to mention a few other names that would be good candidates along with Lenny & onepockethacker:

Lou Figueroa
Frank "Barber" Almanza
jtompilot
Tom Wirth