Where is Shannon?

8andout

Verified Member
The Great Southern Billiards Tour had a 9-ball tournament in Charleston SC last weekend, which i attended. I knew that Shannon Daulton ran the tournaments but i expected him to be in Tunica. Someone asked him why he wasn't going to Tunica and he said he'd been traveling alot and didn't want to make the trip. It's sad to me to see a recent Hall of Fame inductee not participating in a major event. Shannon was running a tournament and selling the calcutta for 78 players and and signing HOF posters so i guess thats pretty easy money. To go to Tunica you'd have to beat 140 of the best players in the world to pay for room and board and bring home a thousand bucks. I hope he hasn't lost his passion for the game. But then again you have to make a living. I hope to see him "lighting the cannon" at other tournaments in the future.

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
piggy

piggy

How come PIggybanks wasn't in Tunica?

Maybe he's like me, this ol dog is too tired to hunt that far off, lol.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
If I was a professional pool player, I would sign things for money before I went to an event that I have to play like a world champ to break even with after expenses, too.

motorman

where is shannon

where is shannon

derby city pays for all expenses for all ex champions of their events. Shannon may not like to have to face all the young guns on the circuit now plus the other great international stars that seem to come to everything now. He has grown older and looking more to feathering his own nest than to risk his great record in one pocket and bank playing.

just my humble opinion. However, one does wonder.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
If one is gainfully employed, there has to be some other reason to take time off to go and play in a pool tournament.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
derby city pays for all expenses for all ex champions of their events. Shannon may not like to have to face all the young guns on the circuit now plus the other great international stars that seem to come to everything now. He has grown older and looking more to feathering his own nest than to risk his great record in one pocket and bank playing.

just my humble opinion. However, one does wonder.

wow, did not know that. one does have to wonder then. that seems like a great deal to show up, only pay entry and get a shot at some decent cheese.