Red Shoes rehab

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
My home room, Red Shoes in Chicago, has undergone a total refitting and rehab. John Lanvin and assoc. have redone the room completely. Every table recovered and refitted. Brand new rug, everything painted and puckered up, including the toilets.

Good job, John. Just in time for next Saturday's 1pkt tourney.

Beard

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
kudos to jonh lanvin for putting money into the room to have the players feel good walking in and play on great equipment

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Chicago

Chicago

I will be in Chicago August 23 to 27 & look forward to visiting Red Shoes.

I will bring my cue and a little $$:D

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
My home room, Red Shoes in Chicago, has undergone a total refitting and rehab. John Lanvin and assoc. have redone the room completely. Every table recovered and refitted. Brand new rug, everything painted and puckered up, including the toilets.

Good job, John. Just in time for next Saturday's 1pkt tourney.

Beard

Did they break down and put skirts on the first table?

piggybank04

Verified Member
great!! i hope table 3 got straightened up, i slow rolled a safe near the side and scratched because the ball rolled off..... i would have made the money in the op tourney..... i told my buddy, from now on its the diamonds near the desk if we can get them, but i should have tested the table more thoroughly,and slow rolling isnt the greatest idea sometimes.......

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
Yea....I remodeled the old "Red Shoes"....In addition to all the stuff mentioned above, Red Shoes Billiards is now a "Illinois Licensed Gaming Facility". What does that mean in English??? We have LEGAL poker and slot machines! So "players" can bring their girlfriends or wives (DON'T bring them both) and they can have something to do besides watch pool.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
great!! i hope table 3 got straightened up, i slow rolled a safe near the side and scratched because the ball rolled off..... i would have made the money in the op tourney..... i told my buddy, from now on its the diamonds near the desk if we can get them, but i should have tested the table more thoroughly,and slow rolling isnt the greatest idea sometimes.......

I didn't know Red Shoes had Diamond tables, the last time I was there I don't recall seeing any.

By the way, your bank on the 1ball in the Frost Brumback thread is a stiff. Angle is to awkward (straight) can't rely on getting enough cue ball movement with the shot, plus you're shooting kinda over the 11ball:eek:. Look elsewhere.

Dr. Bill

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I didn't know Red Shoes had Diamond tables, the last time I was there I don't recall seeing any.

By the way, your bank on the 1ball in the Frost Brumback thread is a stiff. Angle is to awkward (straight) can't rely on getting enough cue ball movement with the shot, plus you're shooting kinda over the 11ball:eek:. Look elsewhere.

Dr. Bill

We agree again. From now on I wait wait until you say it first!:sorry

Beard

Anybody who cant roll at the 7 ball should quit pool and get a job washing cars! No "soft-draw" or medium speed center ball. Cinch it with pocket speed follow.

Beard

piggybank04

Verified Member
yea your right, those are gold crowns.....about the frost match, i think you can leave the cb on or near the rail maybe not left corner, but certainly in the middle of the short rail....with a nice accurate hit, you might knock a few close, and you certainly wont sell out, so i have to disagree here......ive shot this kind of play many times with great results, so im comfortable with it.....

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
For the record now, which is the best way to CINCH the ball? Soft-draw or pocket speed follow? Remember, if you miss you are going to the electric chair.

Beard

I'll take the injection Please.
I'm so tired if I had a needle I'd shoot myself.
Rod.
P.S.Have no answer, but in the context of the game I'm using a little draw.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I'll take the injection Please.
I'm so tired if I had a needle I'd shoot myself.
Rod.
P.S.Have no answer, but in the context of the game I'm using a little draw.

I know I am splitting hairs, because the soft draw is not a "bad" shot by no means. But in no case in pool is a draw stroke easier to execute than a rolling follow. A rolling follow is the first thing that beginners learn to do.:D

Beard

Sorry Rod, but you know by now that I am relentless.:sorry

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Yea....I remodeled the old "Red Shoes"....In addition to all the stuff mentioned above, Red Shoes Billiards is now a "Illinois Licensed Gaming Facility". What does that mean in English??? We now have LEGAL poker and slot machines!

That's great news! - I'll be there asap with my industrial-grade magnets...:eek:

- Ghost <------Barred in Vegas, Reno, & Atlantic city..:eek:...:eek:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Went to Red Shoes today to see the remodeling and to play some with John...the place looks great!..and the tables are playing perfect...anybody who hasn't been there for awhile should drive on over and check it out - tell John the Ghost sent you...:heh

- Ghost