To red shoes

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
I have my plane ticket, car and a room. Is the South Side OK? Got the best deal there.

I will be bringing extra $$ to go off to some of the other locals so they don't feel left out. Going home Tuesday, so I have time to check out the pizza and Italian beef a few times.

Maybe they can sneak a Canadien in to take me off in some golf at Chris's. I am going to check that room out too.

Looking forward to the game and having a good time.

You saaaaaay you do.

That's all part of the con.

You got my good buddy at home wrapping up all the nickles, dimes and quarters for nought. I keep telling him not to get his hopes up but will he listen?

chicagomike

Verified Member
The Ghost and I have talked it over and would like to play our match at Red Shoes.

I will be flying in on the 23rd and we will play a race to ten on the 24/25th (if it takes that long).

I know you guys have streaming, so maybe we can get it streamed and our fellow onepocket.org people can watch a couple old dogs fight it out.

This match is the start of the 2013 Henderson Parlay System. If I win, Bill Stroud is next in Phoenix, and If I should get by him, who knows where I go next.

If lose, I will shut my mouth and go home. Well, go home anyway.

Have you guys set a start time for the match yet??

chicagomike

Verified Member
No, I will probably be up all night Friday night drinking and partying:lol, so I hope it is a little later or I may have to come straight to the game.

What time do the bars close there?

I would have to defer to John Lavin on that one regarding RedShoes bar hours. Depending on how late you would tend to want to imbibe I'm sure you could be accommodated. Chicago weekend bar hours are typically til 2 or 4 am...maybe longer depending on where you are. I believe Chris's Billiards has a BYOB policy should you manage to find a golf game:)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Hey John....I've had a couple of interesting conversations recently re. our upcoming match...

Spoke with George Fels..and he may decide to write about our match for his next Billiards Digest column..and...

One of our regulars at Red Shoes is an older gentleman (around your age ;)) who happens to be a longtime Chicago blues musician by the name of Larry Cox - he usually plays every year at the renowned Chicago Blues Festival...well Larry said to me last Wed. that if you and I are agreeable to it, to make our match kinda-like on the level of the MLB playoffs or the Superbowl :eek: :D - just before we start playing, he will play the National Anthem over the stream on his harmonica...:heh...I told him that I think that's pretty fukkin cool and I'm pretty sure that John would enjoy it also...

Lastly, I conversed the other day with Wayne from House of Billiards in Santa Monica, and he said for me to tell you that he wishes us both good luck, and that since he likes both of us, he hopes we end up in a tie...:)

- Ghost
I believe Larry also has played the Anthem for the kick off of Derby City in the past. BTW, I play a pretty decent blues harp myself and can also rendition the National Anthem respectably. I guess I better not miss the start, because I have not heard Larry's version yet, though I have heard him play, so I know he would do a great job! :)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Hey John....Just to help you out a little in finding Red Shoes when your driving/looking for it tonight or tomorrow...it's in a small strip mall, and you'll see the poolroom when you see this big sign in front of it ------>

Attachments

• ghost 3 (2).jpg
    ghost 3 (2).jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 0

DWS

Verified Member
From
Chicago
Time for business!!

Time for business!!

:heh :p :lol :heh

Ok Ghost.....no more joking......time for serious business......my life savings is bet on you!!!
I know you want that blackened trout dinner at Wishbone........

Good luck to you both.......