One Pocket Tournament @ Red Shoes Billiards (Illinois) 3/29/2014

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
Red Shoes Billiards will be hosting a ONE POCKET TOURNAMENT on Saturday March 29th, 2014.This is a $50 Entry Fee (green fee included), ***$500 ADDED MONEY*** (based on a full field), Double Elimination (3/2), One Day ("IRON MAN") event. For Additional Information CONTACT: John Lavin @ Red Shoes Billiards 12009 S. Pulaski Rd. Alsip, Illinois 60803 (tel. 708-388-3700 or website: redshoesbilliards.com). SIGN-UP: 12:00 PM (noon)

Rich93

Red Shoes Billiards will be hosting a ONE POCKET TOURNAMENT on Saturday March 29th, 2014.This is a $50 Entry Fee (green fee included), ***$500 ADDED MONEY*** (based on a full field), Double Elimination (3/2), One Day ("IRON MAN") event. For Additional Information CONTACT: John Lavin @ Red Shoes Billiards 12009 S. Pulaski Rd. Alsip, Illinois 60803 (tel. 708-388-3700 or website: redshoesbilliards.com). SIGN-UP: 12:00 PM (noon)

How many games in a match? Does the winners side have a different number than the losers side?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
how many games in a match? Does the winners side have a different number than the losers side?

------>

red shoes billiards will be hosting a one pocket tournament on saturday march 29th, 2014.this is a $50 entry fee (green fee included), ***$500 added money*** (based on a full field), double elimination (3/2), one day ("iron man") event. For additional information contact: John lavin @ red shoes billiards 12009 s. Pulaski rd. Alsip, illinois 60803 (tel. 708-388-3700 or website: Redshoesbilliards.com). Sign-up: 12:00 pm (noon)
.... ....

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
Yes...That is "Chicago Mike"...and Yes he is hitting the ball pretty good (as always)....Although, Eddie Baldares (sp?) had him down 2-0 in an early match...but like all of us... just HAD TO TRY that one shot...oh well!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I thought that was "Chicago Mike". He's a good 1P player, and a super nice guy to boot. Also, he can bank a little...;)

He came all the way down to Gulfport, Miss. one year just to try to sneak up on ole John Henderson.:D

Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I thought that was "Chicago Mike". He's a good 1P player, and a super nice guy to boot. Also, he can bank a little...;)

He came all the way down to Gulfport, Miss. one year just to try to sneak up on ole John Henderson.:D

Doc

He got me drunk and took me off for five games Doc.:frus

Then, at the Derby, he stole my massage therapist girl friend. This was before I got my massage too.:mad:

It's all good though, he bought me a drink after I played the Ghost.:D

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
He got me drunk and took me off for five games Doc.:frus

Then, at the Derby, he stole my massage therapist girl friend. This was before I got my massage too.:mad:

It's all good though, he bought me a drink after I played the Ghost.:D

Ouch! Well, nobody's perfect. And keep in mind, he is from a big city. Not the biggest city, but a big city.

Doc

GriffinG

Verified Member
From
NW Indiana
After spending the past 6 months or so feeding my newfound addiction to 1p, I decided to throw my hat in the ring for this tournament and shell out the $50 for a chance to rub elbows with and take mental notes from some much better players and I must say, I couldn't be happier!
After somehow winning my first match 3-0, I had the pleasure of playing Mike Eck, who is always a gentlemen and a pleasure to play. He spanked me 8-0 in game one and in a spot where I'd generally just shoot the rest of the match with "give up", I decided to buckle down and see if I could grind out a win. and I did, twice! came to the last couple balls of the case game and as should probably be the case, Mike emerged victorious. Still a great time for me to even have a chance!
And just when you thought it couldn't get any better, I was given the privilege of a 2 game match against world champion straight pool player Bobby Hunter! We played the first game down the the very last ball, but alas, I couldn't quite get there again, and in the 2nd game, never really overcame his break.
I for one can't wait for the next one, and in the meantime, would be elated to make some small donations to better players for some on the table learning to go with the countless hours of reading and video watching I'm doing.
I look forward to meeting even more of you and continuing to improve myself along the way.
-Griffin

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
After spending the past 6 months or so feeding my newfound addiction to 1p, I decided to throw my hat in the ring for this tournament and shell out the $50 for a chance to rub elbows with and take mental notes from some much better players and I must say, I couldn't be happier!
After somehow winning my first match 3-0, I had the pleasure of playing Mike Eck, who is always a gentlemen and a pleasure to play. He spanked me 8-0 in game one and in a spot where I'd generally just shoot the rest of the match with "give up", I decided to buckle down and see if I could grind out a win. and I did, twice! came to the last couple balls of the case game and as should probably be the case, Mike emerged victorious. Still a great time for me to even have a chance!
And just when you thought it couldn't get any better, I was given the privilege of a 2 game match against world champion straight pool player Bobby Hunter! We played the first game down the the very last ball, but alas, I couldn't quite get there again, and in the 2nd game, never really overcame his break.
I for one can't wait for the next one, and in the meantime, would be elated to make some small donations to better players for some on the table learning to go with the countless hours of reading and video watching I'm doing.
I look forward to meeting even more of you and continuing to improve myself along the way.
-Griffin

WELCOME TO THE SITE GRIFFIN....:)
you must be pretty good already to have had such close matches ( in some games)with experienced players
dont be bashfull to tell us what would you do (wwdy) in our threads
we here are of all different levels and experience and try to help each other improve...:)

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
-Griffin

hello griffin!
dustin miller
:)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
hey dustin
sorry for the mini hijack.....:eek:
kudos ror your support to lou in his match against barton
:)

GriffinG

Verified Member
From
NW Indiana
hello and thank you for the warm welcome. I apologize as well for hijacking your thread, nothing intended, just felt inclined to describe my experience there. And now it's time for a nice quiet sunday morning with a cup of coffee and my copy of SM&S on the couch!