Derby Bound!

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
I will be coming to the Derby this year! I arrive the evening of the 24th and I'm slated to leave on the 28th.

My dance card is open to any of you One Pocket egg heads. $25 to $200 a game. I plan to play in the One Pocket event so all action must work around that schedule.

Step up to the plate. Winner buys the drinks and HAPPY DAYS!

If the book is ready, and it just might be....I will bring a number of copies just for my OP.org buds.

Tom

atta boy! are you picking up larry and petie on your way up?
:)

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Larry is allergic to cold weather. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Petie yet. I hate the cold too, but I guess I'm either more brave or less smart.

:eek:

Tom

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Larry is allergic to cold weather. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Petie yet. I hate the cold too, but I guess I'm either more brave or less smart.

:eek:

Tom

I was there with RA one year when they had the worst ice storm they had in years. The companies that service the hotel with food/drink could not make deliveries. RA panicked and paid a local $50 to go out and get him a case of beer in case they ran out.

We may get lucky this year. The projected temps are in the 50's.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I was there with RA one year when they had the worst ice storm they had in years. The companies that service the hotel with food/drink could not make deliveries. RA panicked and paid a local $50 to go out and get him a case of beer in case they ran out.

We may get lucky this year. The projected temps are in the 50's.

I'm reminded of an occasion at the DCC many years ago when I was about to play Wade in a mini One Pocket tournament. I don't remember which year this was. Maybe someone here will after they read the story.

Just before my match, alarms went off throughout the hotel and announcements continued to tell everyone to evacuate the premises. We were not allowed to go to our rooms for warm clothing and had to leave right away through the nearest exit. As a result, I was in short sleeves, and because I had flown into Louisville I had no car to sit in. It was ice cold outside that night.

I remember standing out there shivering for the better part of an hour along with most all the other players. The kicker was when I looked over into the parking lot and saw a car with two guys looking warm and happy sitting in the front seats. One of them was Wade. He had this shit eating grin on his face and was looking straight at me.

Of course he didn't invite me in to warm up, and once the emergency was over and we all filed back into the hotel, he was ready to play. I on the other hand, am still trying to thaw out.

Tom

Last edited:

daylate$short

Verified Member
From
Aberdeen, SD
I'm reminded of an occasion at the DCC many years ago when I was about to play Wade in a mini One Pocket tournament. I don't remember which year this was. Maybe someone here will after they read the story.

Just before my match, alarms went off throughout the hotel and announcements continued to tell everyone to evacuate the premises. We were not allowed to go to our rooms for warm clothing but had to leave right away through the nearest exit. I had flown in to Louisville and it was ice cold outside that night. As a result I was in short sleeves.

I remember standing out there shivering for the better part of an hour along with most all the other players. The kicker was when I looked over into the parking lot and saw a car with two guys looking warm and happy sitting in the front seats. One of them was Wade. He had this shit eating grin on his face and was looking straight at me.

Of course he didn't invite me in to warm up, and once the emergency was over and we all filed back into the hotel, he was ready to play. I on the other hand, am still trying to thaw out.

Tom

I remember that, our car was parked right close, so we hopped in, and stayed warm. That was at the Exec. West. One of the elevators motor(?) burnt up. Took about an hour to let us back in.

Charlie

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I'll donate some to you at $25 a game.

Let me know when you wish to play Mr. Cruncher. Excuse me but I don't know your name. Please send me a PM. Thanks and I look forward to seeing you there.

Tom

I'm going to try to play everyone who has shown an interest in playing me. It looks like I'm going to be very busy......I love it. Thanks to all.

Tom