Artie/J Henderson match...need help

chicagomike

Verified Member
I don't how I managed to drop the ball on this one, but I still have about 16 hours of their match from several years ago on video that I taped for them. I asked at the time if it would be ok to tape and got their permission to do so. I would be looking to send the tapes to someone who could edit them and turn them into a format for all to see if that would be approved by both players.

I was watching one done by Sappo, and tried to PM him yesterday. I'm not sure if he will do it so I'm wondering if anyone else can do it. I am no good at post production as evidenced by the fact I'm asking about this years after the fact.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
I don't how I managed to drop the ball on this one, but I still have about 16 hours of their match from several years ago on video that I taped for them. I asked at the time if it would be ok to tape and got their permission to do so. I would be looking to send the tapes to someone who could edit them and turn them into a format for all to see if that would be approved by both players.

I was watching one done by Sappo, and tried to PM him yesterday. I'm not sure if he will do it so I'm wondering if anyone else can do it. I am no good at post production as evidenced by the fact I'm asking about this years after the fact.

mike i just saw and answered your message. i did not do the work, i owned the original tapes and i gave them to "calired" from this site and he converted them. hope you find someone, but 16 hours. yawn keith

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member

Mike I would hold on to that video. Its the only one. And one day it could be worth a million dollars. That was a pretty long session. John won the session. Anybody that would watch that match. Would spot me 8 to 3 or more.

The reason I remember the match. Is because after 8 or ten. Hours they told us to get of the table. And go and play on another table.

How do you tell someone to get of a table after playing on the table for ten hours Playing a freeze out session. I relay couldn't believe it. That was the first time in my life that ever happened. And the last time. It would have been just as easy to tell the tournament payers.

To go and play on another table. You do not tell two people after ten hours to go and play there freeze out session on another table. It shows poor taste. And its not like we are not paying for playing. And I didn't come two thousand miles to gamble. And have someone tell me to go and play on a different table.

This would not have happened anywhere else in the country.It doesn't mean anything to me. But I brought it up so it doesn't happen to someone else. What would have happened if there were no other tables open. Or available?

This should have all been figured out ahead of time. And should not have happened. Or let the people who are playing a session no ahead of time. That the table will be used for the tournament at a certain time. Then things like this wont happen.

This is the worst thing that can happen while playing a session. And it shows no consideration and respect to the people playing. Something like this should never happen. And believe me I no what to do and how you treat people. I had pool rooms too. And tournaments. And I would never do something like that to two customers. Playing a session.

You never chase people of a table. Who are playing a freeze out. Who have already been playing for ten hours. And go and tell them to go and play on another table. What if I would have said I am not changing tables. What happiness to our game and freeze out?

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD

Surely there would be interest in seeing this. Couldn't this be put on youtube. Even at 16 hours, it is shorter than Henderson/Ghost at 21 hours on youtube.

Apparently, from his response, Artie doesn't have anything against making this available.

chicagomike

Verified Member
mike i just saw and answered your message. i did not do the work, i owned the original tapes and i gave them to "calired" from this site and he converted them. hope you find someone, but 16 hours. yawn keith

Thanks Sappo

chicagomike

Verified Member
Mike I would hold on to that video. Its the only one. And one day it could be worth a million dollars. That was a pretty long session. John won the session. Anybody that would watch that match. Would spot me 8 to 3 or more.

The reason I remember the match. Is because after 8 or ten. Hours they told us to get of the table. And go and play on another table.

How do you tell someone to get of a table after playing on the table for ten hours Playing a freeze out session. I relay couldn't believe it. That was the first time in my life that ever happened. And the last time. It would have been just as easy to tell the tournament payers.

To go and play on another table. You do not tell two people after ten hours to go and play there freeze out session on another table. It shows poor taste. And its not like we are not paying for playing. And I didn't come two thousand miles to gamble. And have someone tell me to go and play on a different table.

This would not have happened anywhere else in the country.It doesn't mean anything to me. But I brought it up so it doesn't happen to someone else. What would have happened if there were no other tables open. Or available?

This should have all been figured out ahead of time. And should not have happened. Or let the people who are playing a session no ahead of time. That the table will be used for the tournament at a certain time. Then things like this wont happen.

This is the worst thing that can happen while playing a session. And it shows no consideration and respect to the people playing. Something like this should never happen. And believe me I no what to do and how you treat people. I had pool rooms too. And tournaments. And I would never do something like that to two customers. Playing a session.

You never chase people of a table. Who are playing a freeze out. Who have already been playing for ten hours. And go and tell them to go and play on another table. What if I would have said I am not changing tables. What happiness to our game and freeze out?

Artie I remember having to switch tables and how brutal that was and trying to find a new place to set up the camera. You were both warriors that day and I know I would not have been able to play for 16 hours no matter how good the conditions. Thanks for letting it be videotaped... I would make sure I sent you and John a copy when it's done.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Artie I remember having to switch tables and how brutal that was and trying to find a new place to set up the camera. You were both warriors that day and I know I would not have been able to play for 16 hours no matter how good the conditions. Thanks for letting it be videotaped... I would make sure I sent you and John a copy when it's done.

There are those that do not appreciate defensive play. One of the posters on AZ sweated it for a while and said he would rather have needles in his eyes than watch it again.

You have to play Artie to fully appreciate what he can do to you on a pool table in the game of one pocket. All I could do was squeeze back and hope for any kind of opening. If Artie still had a little of the ball pocketing and banking skills he had years ago, I would have no chance.

chicagomike

Verified Member
3 hours on digital mini video cassettes and the rest I actually forgot I was able to download to my laptop a few years ago...and that's where they are sitting.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
There are those that do not appreciate defensive play. One of the posters on AZ sweated it for a while and said he would rather have needles in his eyes than watch it again.

You have to play Artie to fully appreciate what he can do to you on a pool table in the game of one pocket. All I could do was squeeze back and hope for any kind of opening. If Artie still had a little of the ball pocketing and banking skills he had years ago, I would have no chance.

I didn't no it was on AZ billiards.They hurt my feelings. They went from saying. That I had the best first time post of all time. Now they don't want to watch me make a ball. Every hour??

I understand it people love watching action and shooting. Not a torture pool match. They just never seen my real game and never will. But that's life. That's what all the people say.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
3 hours on digital mini video cassettes and the rest I actually forgot I was able to download to my laptop a few years ago...and that's where they are sitting.

If you send the tapes I will do it. You can put the rest of the footage on an SD card or hard drive and I can put it all up online. Let me know.

Texdance

I would love to have the Artie B. /J. Henderson games available on my computer. All 16 hours or any portion thereof.

I can fast-forward through some parts, or if I want, linger over other parts, hitting repeat, and replay in slow motion, to check details.

The old Deliberto/Allen $20,000.00 Match was available boiled down to just the shots... eliminating a lot of the non-shooting is a great way to watch a match.

Just let me know when and where to send the money...