Lesson with onepockethacker

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i got to take a lesson from rob yesterday
the man CAN play and teach

we mainly played racks out and discussed shot choices/situations as they came up
he also set up some situations and asked me what would i do and then explained the strength/weakness of my choices
and let me practice the shot until I had a reasonable grasp of it
rob is a really nice guy in person and nothing like his on screen personna
i was really impressed with his pin point kicking and shot making
he really does shoot in a game the shots he advocates on the site
as we were just going over some shots he asked me if i ever saw this shot from winning one pocket
i did not remember it
you need all 3
your pocket is the corner same side as the 2 balls along the rail
the cue ball hits rail first into the object ball coming across the table to the other side rail and goes 3 rails for position to run out
the object ball is kicked into the side rail goes down to the end rail and banks into your pocket
he made it on the first try.....:eek:
all in all it was a very enjoyable educational day
THANKS ROB....:)
rr1.jpg

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
i got to take a lesson from rob yesterday
the man CAN play and teach

we mainly played racks out and discussed shot choices/situations as they came up
he also set up some situations and asked me what would i do and then explained the strength/weakness of my choices
and let me practice the shot until I had a reasonable grasp of it
rob is a really nice guy in person and nothing like his on screen personna
i was really impressed with his pin point kicking and
he really does shoot in a game the shots he advocates on the site
as we were just going over some shots he asked me if i ever saw this shot from winning one pocket
i did not remember it
you need all 3
your pocket is the corner same side as the 2 balls along the rail
the cue ball hits rail first into the object ball coming across the table to the other side rail and goes 3 rails for position to run out
the object ball is kicked into the side rail goes down to the end rail and banks into your pocket
he made it on the first try.....:eek:
all in all it was a very enjoyable educational day
THANKS ROB....:)
View attachment 13184

Thanks Larry, it was really enjoyable teaching and playing with you.. You are a little better than you portray yourself on here. You got a good grasp of alot of concepts. On the shot you diagrammed the cue ball was near my own pocket.. you kick the rail first and 1 rail the 15 to your hole... and YES I did make it first try:D Looking forward to getting together again with you down the road... Don't tell too many people Im a nice guy its bad for my action... people are way more likely to get their nose open trying to beat a prick:D:D I was really impressed with your knowledge of diamond systems for kicking..
Your friend, Rob

Last edited:

phil dade

Verified Member
From
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
This is simply too strong! Larry, better send me your wire transfer information before I come to Vero! :)

Most impressive. I look forward to coming south and most certainly investing with Hacker if he would have me.:eek:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
This is simply too strong! Larry, better send me your wire transfer information before I come to Vero! :)

Most impressive. I look forward to coming south and most certainly investing with Hacker if he would have me.:eek:

You and everyone else is welcome anytime.

have a nice day:)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
This is the way I have occasionally tried it -- from not so far away. Cue does travel very nicely, lol.

Attachments

• 2015-10-06 18_41_05-Greenshot.jpg
    2015-10-06 18_41_05-Greenshot.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 0

onepockethacker

Verified Member
been tinkering around with this shot last couple days. it aint easy....

View attachment 13195

thanks for sharing larry (and you too rob :p)

Dustin the cue ball starts out by your own corner pocket. You kick off the side rail with right english and kick the ball off the end rail and back down. The object ball doesn't hit the side rail... I did it so fast and made it on my first try I think Larry is still wondering what the hell happened LOL:D Larry is a great guy and loves pool. Anyone of you ever near Vero stop in and play some with him you will have a great time....

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Dustin the cue ball starts out by your own corner pocket. You kick off the side rail with right english and kick the ball off the end rail and back down. The object ball doesn't hit the side rail... I did it so fast and made it on my first try I think Larry is still wondering what the hell happened LOL:D Larry is a great guy and loves pool. Anyone of you ever near Vero stop in and play some with him you will have a great time....

you are right
it happened so fast
i was a deer in the head lights.....:eek::eek::(
it seemed to me you had to kick the object ball into the side rail first
i still dont see how you can cut the object ball to where you have to on the end rail
WITH THE BALL FROZEN
without it hitting the side rail fist i will have to really examine it

onepockethacker

Verified Member
you are right
it happened so fast
i was a deer in the head lights.....:eek::eek::(
it seemed to me you had to kick the object ball into the side rail first
i still dont see how you can cut the object ball to where you have to on the end rail
WITH THE BALL FROZEN
without it hitting the side rail fist i will have to really examine it

The object ball needs to be about a 1/4 inch to half inch off the rail

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
i see said the blind man....:)

Larry, I showed you a variation of that shot many moons ago. The object ball was high along the opponent's side rail, slightly off from frozen. Center ball, inside english kick. The shot is played with the stack still intact. The cue ball travels side rail, ball, side rail, side rail, stack. The cue ball is working its way back down table all the while.

The shot has been around forever. Rob has shown you a great way to play the same shot from another situation.

Tom

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Great shot Steve. I'll try it. Are the kisses close?
Like with most banks, the kiss probably comes into play depending on your cue ball approach angle -- the farther uptable the cue ball is (until it gets directly across from the object ball), the thinner the hit, so the quicker the cue ball passes, right? I am sure the fatter the hit gets as the cue starts out farther back down table, at some point there would be a kiss. Exactly where that comes into play -- I don't shoot the shot enough to know, lol.

That's a good question, and one of us should try it at different angles to see.

I never tried the shot from as low as what Rob showed you Larry, so that gives me something to experiment with :)

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Steve, I now see that I stepped on your version of Rob's shot. Sorry.
The only difference being that the way I showed the shot to Larry, the cue ball was almost on a parallel line with the OB and the head rail. On the tables I have played on, the cue ball takes a somewhat flatter line off the second rail so it runs more toward the foot spot.

Tom