Best Place to Play in the Country?

Peter Bresee

Hello there. I'm in the military, and will be picking new stateside orders soon, and would very much like to go somewhere that will allow me to develop my one pocket abilities. Where can the best one pocket players and action be found? Thanks!

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Best Place to Play in the Country?

Philly is a great one pocket town. Apparently also Chicago and California.

I'd go with Cali given the choice. Best weather!

chief

Verified Member
Hello there. I'm in the military, and will be picking new stateside orders soon, and would very much like to go somewhere that will allow me to develop my one pocket abilities. Where can the best one pocket players and action be found? Thanks!

What branch and what are your choices? I have had the same issues

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Philly is a great one pocket town. Apparently also Chicago and California.

I'd go with Cali given the choice. Best weather!

For warm-winter locations I think it would be hard to beat New Orleans, and my impression is that Houston is pretty good too.

Phoenix?

Peter Bresee

What branch and what are your choices? I have had the same issues

I'm in the Navy. My options are:

Charleston, SC
Fort Sam Houston, TX
Bethesda, MD
Portsmouth, VA
Norfolk, VA
Philadelphia, PA
San Diego, CA

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I'm in the Navy. My options are:

Charleston, SC
Fort Sam Houston, TX
Bethesda, MD
Portsmouth, VA
Norfolk, VA
Philadelphia, PA
San Diego, CA

From that list, Houston and Philly.

From Philadelphia you can drive to Jersey, Baltimore, and D. C. It won't get much better than that.

Norfolk would also work.

beatle

Verified Member
i would go to san diego. the weather is nicest and you at least have good players in l.a. up the road.

philly is fuscos joint and its like a club and it is a smoking place if that bothers you breathing in it all day.

you will find only a select few pool rooms around the whole country where you can walk in and have a few players playing one pocket every day where you can get some action or experience without giving away all your money.

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Yeah I was sad to see Bananas close the doors. Julie was a nice person and I miss stopping by whenever I was in town and seeing Doyle and Mitch and the gang. Where do ya'll shoot at now?--Smitty

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
I don't think there is a better poolhall in the country than Bogies on 1960, the one on Jones is nice but with the doors open 24 hrs. 7 days a week and all the action you could ask for makes it tops in my book.---Smitty

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I don't think there is a better poolhall in the country than Bogies on 1960, the one on Jones is nice but with the doors open 24 hrs. 7 days a week and all the action you could ask for makes it tops in my book.---Smitty

If nothing is going on at Bogies it's a short drive to Big Tymes. It was rare for me not to get any action between the two

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
i would go to san diego. the weather is nicest and you at least have good players in l.a. up the road.

philly is fuscos joint and its like a club and it is a smoking place if that bothers you breathing in it all day.

you will find only a select few pool rooms around the whole country where you can walk in and have a few players playing one pocket every day where you can get some action or experience without giving away all your money.

No doubt the weather can't be beat in San Diego. As for the pool scene, good luck there but LA is the best overall. Hardtimes has good action and HOB in Santa Monica. Several other rooms around also.

J SCHWARZ

Verified Member
Yeah I was sad to see Bananas close the doors. Julie was a nice person and I miss stopping by whenever I was in town and seeing Doyle and Mitch and the gang. Where do ya'll shoot at now?--Smitty

G-Cues on West Ave has 2 9' Diamonds and a 10' Diamond. That is where most the one pocket players migrated to.