At the pool room yesterday

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Yesterday in our small town at the pool room was Sky Woodward, Dennis Orcullo, Warren Kiamco, Buddy Hall, Eddie Moore. Had the pleasure to play one pocket with Warren Kiamco yesterday. Nice guy and one of my favorite players. Made my donation to his road fund. Dennis payed full rack banks with Eddie and came out on top after Eddie won the first two games. Dennis and Warren have been staying here with Sky since the Derby and were nice enough to sign a few things to raffle off for my 5th annual Special Olympics benefit pool tournament this weekend at Side Pockets. More games are lined up for today but alas i need to work as i was there for about 12 hours yesterday...

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I don't think I've ever heard/seen what town you're in.

How is Buddy doing?

I have the impression that Kiamco found a way to boost his game within the last couple of years. Anyone else know or have an opinion on that?

I have the impression that Sky's 1P game has plateaued. He plays so well it's hard to know, but IMO he still has upward potential that hasn't shown itself in the last year or so. Whaddaya think?

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Small town area

Small town area

The town where the pool room is in is Paducah, Ky. Smaller size town. Its where Skylar lives too. Old timey room with nice kept tables. Lots of Johnson City memorabilia on the walls. Buddy lives across the river in Metropolis, Il. I live out close to Kentucky Lake and Land between the lakes recreation area. Nice laid back area here, small towns all around with lots of water everywhere. Within thirty min. of my house is the Tennessee, Cumberland, Ohio, and Mississippi rivers. We are 3-1/2 hours from each Louisville, St Louis, Memphis... Buddy's fine/ornery as ever and just got back from Florida

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
The town where the pool room is in is Paducah, Ky. Smaller size town. Its where Skylar lives too. Old timey room with nice kept tables. Lots of Johnson City memorabilia on the walls. Buddy lives across the river in Metropolis, Il. I live out close to Kentucky Lake and Land between the lakes recreation area. Nice laid back area here, small towns all around with lots of water everywhere. Within thirty min. of my house is the Tennessee, Cumberland, Ohio, and Mississippi rivers. We are 3-1/2 hours from each Louisville, St Louis, Memphis... Buddy's fine/ornery as ever and just got back from Florida

I'm generally familiar with the area, but just from rolling through on I-24 and US60 several times. I somehow had the idea that you were only a couple of hours from St. Louis.

Have you ever been to the Olathe 1P tournament? Next one is only 8 days away. (Catch a ride with Sky. :) )

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Yesterday in our small town at the pool room was Sky Woodward, Dennis Orcullo, Warren Kiamco, Buddy Hall, Eddie Moore. Had the pleasure to play one pocket with Warren Kiamco yesterday. Nice guy and one of my favorite players. Made my donation to his road fund. Dennis payed full rack banks with Eddie and came out on top after Eddie won the first two games. Dennis and Warren have been staying here with Sky since the Derby and were nice enough to sign a few things to raffle off for my 5th annual Special Olympics benefit pool tournament this weekend at Side Pockets. More games are lined up for today but alas i need to work as i was there for about 12 hours yesterday...

Please report back when you get some players in the room! :eek::eek::lol:D Sounds like you had fun.

Reports are that SVB will be visiting Fort Collins in the near future, but we've heard these rumors before. He's long time friends w/the owners of Match Up's so he's visited in the past, but not for a few years.

Dave

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I'm generally familiar with the area, but just from rolling through on I-24 and US60 several times. I somehow had the idea that you were only a couple of hours from St. Louis.

Have you ever been to the Olathe 1P tournament? Next one is only 8 days away. (Catch a ride with Sky. :) )

Unfortunately the DCC is my only vacation this time of year. I'm building beehives day and night the next 4 months with pool scattered in between. Haven't been to Olathe yet, but i'm well aware of it and have lots of friends who go for the barbox.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Please report back when you get some players in the room! :eek::eek::lol:D Sounds like you had fun.

Reports are that SVB will be visiting Fort Collins in the near future, but we've heard these rumors before. He's long time friends w/the owners of Match Up's so he's visited in the past, but not for a few years.

Dave
Last i saw he was ice fishing...lol

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH

Lot of us Kentuckians around here huh? ;)

Cool story John, worth every penny of your donation I am sure!

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Unfortunately the DCC is my only vacation this time of year. I'm building beehives day and night the next 4 months with pool scattered in between. Haven't been to Olathe yet, but i'm well aware of it and have lots of friends who go for the barbox.

God bless you. Please try to save the bees !!!!