Action At The Derby

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Sounds good, probably.

Sounds good, probably.

jrhendy said:
I will play a $500 or $1,000 race after I play Artie and give you a little action if you have a dance open. The only game I would bet more on is one pocket.

I'll be sweating that Artie match pretty close before final accommodations. I have become fickle in my dotage.

Beard

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
chicagomike said:
Sounds good to me John...I'm relly looking forward to it as well. Do you or Artie have any objection to your match being recorded if it is possible?

I don't have any objection. Let me know so I can wear a clean shirt.

chicagomike

Verified Member
jrhendy said:
I don't have any objection. Let me know so I can wear a clean shirt.

Ok John, I wil have a camcorder and tripod at the ready if Artie also gives the approval...Don't worry about the clean shirt, I'm sure "The Ghost" will have one of his one pocket shirts conveniently on hand should you need it:D

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
jrhendy said:
Wish you could make it too Dave. It would be good to see you again.

The Jointed Cue tournament is coming up again in March & you have a place to stay if you come. John

John,

What are the dates for that tourney? I have a few days of pto I have to use before March 15th. If it fits, I might take you up on that.

Dave

jazznpool

Verified Member
From
Orange, CA
Good luck and have fun John. Will there be a 1P.org rail on any of these games? I'd like to make a few mild wagers on the outcome of the propsed games.

Martin

jrhendy said:
ONLY ONE WEEK AWAY! TIME TO DOUBLE CHECK THE ACTION LIST AND SEE HOW MUCH $$ I NEED.

GHOST - A set of one pocket for $250, and we were going to play three cushion for $250, but there is not going to be any billiard tables. Can we play one pocket for $500? Or 9 ball or 9 ball banks for the other $250. I'm thinking of giving Papie a little piece so you can kill two birds with one stone. I might even go for some prop games.

ARTIE - Will you be there and can we play? I'd like to play another set for 3k, race to 7.

BILLY - The hit and the pick might get me to play. Otherwise I'm leaving you alone.

LOU - You said we are good, so we are good and will work something out there.

CHICAGO MIKE - If these other guys leave me any $$ left, we will play.

WIN OR LOSE, I CAN'T WAIT. SEE YOU AT THE ONE POCKET.ORG/Az ROOM.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
chicagomike said:
Sounds good to me John...I'm really looking forward to it as well. Do you or Artie have any objection to your match being recorded if it is possible?
I cah tell you this mike what you are going to do thier with the cam quarter is the smardest thing thier that anypne can do I wont tell you why. But belive me further down the line it will be worth big money. And the reason I am telling you is because you are a real nice guy. But belive me it will show up big time no matter who wins. And while you are doing this keep in mind what I just said. It will also make history. I will see you at the derby. Its your idea and I am glade its you doing it. And it will be the only one out thier on tape me playing. And you will have the tape. Worlds greatest hustler Mistake free one pocket.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
chicagomike said:
Ok John, I wil have a camcorder and tripod at the ready if Artie also gives the approval...Don't worry about the clean shirt, I'm sure "The Ghost" will have one of his one pocket shirts conveniently on hand should you need it:D

Allright Mike, sounds like you got the go ahead from both parties. LET'S GET IT ON!

Now if I might offer one suggestion. If you can find a way to get the camera up as high as possible, that would be great. Tripod level is not going to give us a very good view of the table, since in onepocket we really need a overhead view to see the angles. When it's just down at the foot or the head or side of the table at say 6 ft or so, it's real hard to see correct angles. So maybe you can snag a table or chairs or something to make it as high as possible looking down.

And bring lots of tapes.... the "Anaconda Squeeze" shouldn't allow for many 8 and outs:D

Maybe some interviews before and after and some thoughts from other great players on what they think will happen. Raw unedited footage is perfectly fine.

I would also offer to take all the tapes and create a DVD out of it, editing out any non playing time and putting in chapters and scores on screen. I've been looking for a project like this and I would put my all into making a nice one. I'm not looking for any money, I would do it to contribute to all the great, fun onepocket players here. I wouldnt' turn down Freddie tossing in his collection, if he is blown away by my production though:D

Offer's out there. I have a miniDV camcorder, not sure what you have.

Greg

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
CaliRed said:
Allright Mike, sounds like you got the go ahead from both parties. LET'S GET IT ON!

Now if I might offer one suggestion. If you can find a way to get the camera up as high as possible, that would be great. Tripod level is not going to give us a very good view of the table, since in onepocket we really need a overhead view to see the angles. When it's just down at the foot or the head or side of the table at say 6 ft or so, it's real hard to see correct angles. So maybe you can snag a table or chairs or something to make it as high as possible looking down.

And bring lots of tapes.... the "Anaconda Squeeze" shouldn't allow for many 8 and outs:D

Maybe some interviews before and after and some thoughts from other great players on what they think will happen. Raw unedited footage is perfectly fine.

I would also offer to take all the tapes and create a DVD out of it, editing out any non playing time and putting in chapters and scores on screen. I've been looking for a project like this and I would put my all into making a nice one. I'm not looking for any money, I would do it to contribute to all the great, fun onepocket players here. I wouldnt' turn down Freddie tossing in his collection, if he is blown away by my production though:D

Greg
Depending on where they play, there are overhead balconies....

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
12squared said:
John,

What are the dates for that tourney? I have a few days of pto I have to use before March 15th. If it fits, I might take you up on that.

Dave

They haven't posted the dates as far as I know. I'll send the info to you when I find out.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
chicagomike said:

I would like a copy so please put me on your list. I will get you my info once it's done. Thanks for planning on doing this, I hope it works out.

Dave

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
chicagomike said:
OK Mike, put me down for a copy as well.

P00lh0li0

Verified Member
Good luck.

Would all the action Mr. Henderson's in, would he be considered for that action award that scooter goodman won last year?

chicagomike

Verified Member
CaliRed said:

Greg

That's all I have is a small recorder...I'll do the best I can with what I've got and try to get the best angle possible. Thanks for the offer and those are some good ideas. We will talk more once the match is recorded...Are you going to be there?

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
P00lh0li0 said:
Good luck.

Would all the action Mr. Henderson's in, would he be considered for that action award that scooter goodman won last year?

Those guys play for BIG $$$ and never go to bed.

I'd be in a coma if I played anywhere near that much.

Artie and I played for almost 12 hours in Galveston and I was out of it after it was over.

Don Smith

Verified Member
Artie's schedule

Artie's schedule

Artie,

What dates are you going to be at the DCC? I would love to see you play.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
chicagomike said:
That's all I have is a small recorder...I'll do the best I can with what I've got and try to get the best angle possible. Thanks for the offer and those are some good ideas. We will talk more once the match is recorded...Are you going to be there?

No, I'll be sitting at home wishing I was there, though. When you say small recorder.. is it the miniDV format? Just curious, cause if it is, it's as easy as putting your tape in my camcorder and feeding the video to my Computer, so it can then be edited. Here's a picture of the miniDV tape. It should say on your tape.

minidv.jpg

chicagomike

Verified Member
CaliRed said:
No, I'll be sitting at home wishing I was there, though. When you say small recorder.. is it the miniDV format? Just curious, cause if it is, it's as easy as putting your tape in my camcorder and feeding the video to my Computer, so it can then be edited. Here's a picture of the miniDV tape. It should say on your tape.

View attachment 626

It's digital..internal memory. I may give it a try myself on the Mac...I'll let you know. Thanks.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
chicagomike said:
It's digital..internal memory. I may give it a try myself on the Mac...I'll let you know. Thanks.

Mike,

If you need a marketing director for your DVD's of the John H./Artie Shoot-out...I am available.

I would caution you...signed, and notarized contracts by both the participant's, should be obtained. (to avoid legal complications...should one of them croak, or pass out drunk at the table)

I am sure DVD's of the event, should easily sell for somewhere between $6.95, and $30,000.00...(depending of course,...on WHO is allowed to set the price)..;)

PS..Good Luck with your project, we all appreciate it....it should be fun...:D :eek:

Last edited: