Do you wear a Finger Glove?

strokerace

Verified Member
Just bought a glove last week..and man i got to tell you

i love it..can bridge the cue more firmly and control has

improved..same stroke feel all day long..and no chalk on

my cue either..i saw some champs wear them..thought i

would feel funny wearing one..but not..I'm hooked now!!!

RedCard

Verified Member
strokerace said:
Just bought a glove last week..and man i got to tell you

i love it..can bridge the cue more firmly and control has

improved..same stroke feel all day long..and no chalk on

my cue either..i saw some champs wear them..thought i

would feel funny wearing one..but not..I'm hooked now!!!

I'm sure you're no stranger to the glove, bragging about 'hustling' in gay bars as you have.

strokerace

Verified Member
RedCard said:
I'm sure you're no stranger to the glove, bragging about 'hustling' in gay bars as you have.
wasn't bragging..just stating facts..not a stranger to boxing
gloves though..if theres one thing i liked more than whipping ass at
pool was just whipping ass:eek:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Over the years, I've had episodes where my grip hand (R) breaks out from the silica in the chalk. Consequently I've used a golfer's glove on my right hand. It helps the skin rashes, but it also very slightly reduces the touch sensitivity. The other minor problem is that on the occasion that I have to shoot left handed, I have to pause to remove the leather glove.

I was playing the Reno Open back in the late 1990's. I was warming up for a match when Earl Strickland came over and sat down to watch me. It made me feel a little awkward; but after about 10 minutes he came over and asked me why I was wearing a glove on my right hand. When I told him, he seemed honestly impressed. Next time I saw him, he was wearing one too! I doubt if he had the same problem as did I. He was probably just experimenting. It's often occurred to me whether I accidentally got him started on all the paraphernalia he's tried since...

Doc

strokerace

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:
Over the years, I've had episodes where my grip hand (R) breaks out from the silica in the chalk. Consequently I've used a golfer's glove on my right hand. It helps the skin rashes, but it also very slightly reduces the touch sensitivity. The other minor problem is that on the occasion that I have to shoot left handed, I have to pause to remove the leather glove.

I was playing the Reno Open back in the late 1990's. I was warming up for a match when Earl Strickland came over and sat down to watch me. It made me feel a little awkward; but after about 10 minutes he came over and asked me why I was wearing a glove on my right hand. When I told him, he seemed honestly impressed. Next time I saw him, he was wearing one too! I doubt if he had the same problem as did I. He was probably just experimenting. It's often occurred to me whether I accidentally got him started on all the paraphernalia he's tried since...

Doc
Hey Doc..already ordered more for some other guys..after trying mine
they liked it too..i have sweaty hands on occasion..and hated to use
powder..i think gloves are accepted now without the ribbing one used
to get..you know the Michael thing and such..after the first week of
use..feels strange not to use it..SA..ps Earls the one that sold me on
trying one..thanks Earl!!

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
time

time

I believe that was his glove beginning Doc,your very well right.I wonder who got him started on the berets in 83?..........

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
You know I've never felt the need for a finger glove. Many professional people use them. I just came home from an appointment with my Urologist and amazingly he uses one. ;)
Rod.

Tennessee Joe6

Verified Member
From
Middle Tennessee
androd said:
You know I've never felt the need for a finger glove. Many professional people use them. I just came home from an appointment with my Urologist and amazingly he uses one. ;)
Rod.

Did he seem to like it? Did he let you try it?

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I believe these gloves cover the thumb and two fingers. Is there anything more you want to tell us about your experience? :rolleyes:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I hope you guys realize that you'all might be hearing from Commandant Steve re. the un-pc content of these last several posts..:eek:...:D

- Ghost

Greyghost

Verified Member
From
Lafayette, LA
gulfportdoc said:

Doc

in 40yrs the newb's are going to be talking about how you drove Earl into the beekeepers outfit....