NEWSFLASH - Artie, Billy, et al...

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Pride and ego...

Pride and ego...

One Pocket Ghost said:
John......Here's a coupla partner games that come to mind...

...You and Dick against me and Freddy playing banks even...:)....this game would be a historic one for all of the onepocket.org members who will be at the DCC to sweat....barking, chirping, boasting and mild sharking would be allowed during the match - sweaters would be allowed to chime in also....Dick can slow-roll-pocket-speed all of his banks and block up the pockets...:D....a good time will be had by all...:D...and...

...You and Dick against me and Artie playing One Pocket even....serious game - no joking around here....Artie would have to be putting up the lion's share of the $$$ - but I could scrape up $500 anyway, if I can sell a few more One Pocket shirts by January...:)

Whaddaya think John?.....Ghosty

... would force me to play the partners bank game. John and the Duck can practice banks until the moon comes over the mountain and it aint gonna help their cause.

Beard

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
fred bentivegna said:
... would force me to play the partners bank game. John and the Duck can practice banks until the moon comes over the mountain and it aint gonna help their cause.

Beard

Are you sure now, that I didn't speak out of turn..:eek:..since I don't play banks at all, and you're as washed up as some week-old seaweed on Venice beach...:eek:...:D

- Ghosty

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
gulfportdoc said:
Reportedly Billy had a bad stomach ache, so they didn't play last night. It's not beyond comprehension that it was a move, although I know that Billy would never do anything like that.:cool:

Evidently there had been a big beef between Ricky and Billy resulting from a situation where Billy racked for Artie, then Artie made one on the break. Ricky suspected doctoring, so the rhubarb commenced.

I believe the A/B team is up 2 games in 4-ahead contest. They're supposedly to start this evening (Mon) at 7 PM.

Artie had gone to the poolroom yesterday to practice, but I don't know if he matched up with anyone or not. All the sharks are still swimming amongst the breakers.

George will be in attendance this evening, so we'll get some first hand updates.

Doc

Doc, the night you said I had a stomach ache and didn't play was incorrect, Clint had matched up a game with Scooter, all along knowing he had an obligation to play the partner match. When Artie and I arrived to play the match at 6:00 pm for a 7;00 pm starting time Clint was playing Scooter. Clint was stuck and refused to quit the Scooter match (which was for $2,000)and said that he liked his game and we should understand. Which I didn't understand, nor did I agree with his decision for obvious reasons.I didn't mind not playing that evening because I was extremely tired and didn't get wery much rest the night (or day) before the match. So we didn't play that night.

The incicent involving racking the balls was between Ricky and Artie. Artie racked and broke the balls every time it was our break. I never racked the balls because of my back problems. Artie made a ball on the break and Ricky accused him of cheating, which is absurd, Artie doesn't rack well because he has a problem (as all older players do) with racking the balls straight.Sometimes there straight and other times there twisted slightly, but not intentionally. There were times when the rack was twisted to Arties disadvantage, and Ricky agreed that it was and said that Artie should rerack the balls.

Ricky is a pretty decent guy, but he's a dictator. He believes in the golden rule, he who has the gold makes the rules. But it just didn't fly in this match, because there was more than one person that had gold to lose.

We then concluded to play our match after the day off (Clint Scooter game) and started 2 games up. We had an agreement that we would play 6 hrs every day, unless both parties agreed to play longer. Well, on this day we were even after almost 7 hrs of play and I said that I was too tired to continue. Ricky begged me to play another game, which I refused to play, realizing that every game averaged over an hr. and every game was crucial to the outcome. We then agreed to play the next day at 7:00 pm. Ricky and Clint didn't show. nor was there a phone call to explain. Clint finally showed up around midnight and said that he hadn't heard from Ricky (yea right) I said that if you hadn't heard from Ricky why didn't you show up at 7:00 pm when we agreed to start? I guess I shouldn't ask tough questions like that, my bad.
I still havent heard from Ricky as I am typing this post at my home. But i'm confident that this will be resolved in an amicable way.:)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
androd said:
You maybe jumping to conclusions again Doc. :)
Rod.
Jump to your own conclusions again Rod. Maybe you're right. Maybe somebody threw Ricky into a hot air balloon and flew him over Texas. Did you see him? I don't appreciate your little snipes, podna. Get cute with someone else.

Doc

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
One Pocket Ghost said:
Doc.....I could be wrong, John obviously could clear it up...but when John derisedly kidded you about wanting to match him up down there, it wasn't Ricky that he was referring to - it was Jerry Brock - it was in reference to this part of your previous post >>>

Because awhile back, you suggested to John about him possibly matching up with Jerry if he came down there..
Yeah, you could be right, Ghost. IMO John would need a little from Jerry. I do like his game against Ricky B.

Doc

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
gulfportdoc said:
Jump to your own conclusions again Rod. Maybe you're right. Maybe somebody threw Ricky into a hot air balloon and flew him over Texas. Did you see him? I don't appreciate your little snipes, podna. Get cute with someone else.

Doc

gulfportdoc said:
Eric, if you haven't already done so, you might post this on the AZ site. There are a lot of folks over there who might be considering buying this video.

Doc

I only said maybe.:) Now that you've confirmed he is a welcher.? I hate him also.:)
Rod.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
John......Here's a coupla partner games that come to mind...

...You and Dick against me and Freddy playing banks even...:)....this game would be a historic one for all of the onepocket.org members who will be at the DCC to sweat....barking, chirping, boasting and mild sharking would be allowed during the match - sweaters would be allowed to chime in also....Dick can slow-roll-pocket-speed all of his banks and block up the pockets...:D....a good time will be had by all...:D.............and...

...You and Dick against me and Artie playing One Pocket even....serious game - no joking around here....Artie would have to be putting up the lion's share of the $$$ - but I could scrape up $500 anyway, if I can sell a few more One Pocket shirts by January...:)

Whaddaya think John?.....Ghosty

You know Dick would rather have a root canal than play any kind of banks and I'm only good for three or four games until I'm bored stiff.

You and Artie have a little the best of the partner game but it might be a go for $500 a man for a short set. Partners is slow enough and with Artie in the mix I would not play for serious money.