Some of Grady's Pictures - Thread 4

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
I've been fairly busy lately and haven't had the time to put together something nice on the pics lately... I got a big project I want to do for them.

So, in the meantime, here are some more pics. Captions are below the pics, as labeled by Grady himself.

incardonamathews.jpg

Me and Bill Incardona, about 67'. You can see he's obviously asking for weight.

jerseyredweeniebeenie.jpg

Jersey Red and Beenie. As great a game-maker as Bill was, he could never quite beat Red.

jones_red_grady_fats.jpg

One of my all time favorite photos, Danny Jones, Cornbread Red, me and the fat man.

louisroberts.jpg

The incomparable "St. Louie Louie" Roberts. Nobody ever played better 9 Ball than Louie.I loved him like he was my own family but he was destined to a tragic end.

manyplayers.jpg

L to R Eddie Taylor, Earl Schriver,Marshall "Squirrel" Carpenter,"Handsome" Danny Jones, Connecticutt Johnny Vivas, "Cowboy" Jimmy Moore,"Boston Shorty", Sonny Springer, Joey Spaeth, Mr. Cokes bodyguard, Hubert "Daddy Warbucks" Cokes. Johnny Irish, Eddie Chris McHehen, Joe Procita and two unknown men.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
CaliRed said:
I've been fairly busy lately and haven't had the time to put together something nice on the pics lately... I got a big project I want to do for them.

So, in the meantime, here are some more pics. Captions are below the pics, as labeled by Grady himself.

View attachment 1095

Me and Bill Incardona, about 67'. You can see he's obviously asking for weight.
View attachment 1096

Jersey Red and Beenie. As great a game-maker as Bill was, he could never quite beat Red.

View attachment 1097

One of my all time favorite photos, Danny Jones, Cornbread Red, me and the fat man.

View attachment 1098

The incomparable "St. Louie Louie" Roberts. Nobody ever played better 9 Ball than Louie.I loved him like he was my own family but he was destined to a tragic end.

View attachment 1099

L to R Eddie Taylor, Earl Schriver,Marshall "Squirrel" Carpenter,"Handsome" Danny Jones, Connecticutt Johnny Vivas, "Cowboy" Jimmy Moore,"Boston Shorty", Sonny Springer, Joey Spaeth, Mr. Cokes bodyguard, Hubert "Daddy Warbucks" Cokes. Johnny Irish, Eddie Chris McHehen, Joe Procita and two unknown men.

Grady, it's really a shame how our memory fails us as we age, I wasn't asking you for weight, you were asking me for a few tips on how to play one pocket;)

On more of a serious note, you have been a credit to our game in so many ways, and I can honestly say in spite of our differences that I have enjoyed our camaraderie throughout the years.

Your pictures are a treasure, and thank you for sharing them with us.

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Frank Almanza said:
Great pictures Grady. Thank you for sharing. They truly are a treasure. By the way on the last picture one of the two unknown looks like Cole Dixon.

LOL...Clever way to crank that up again Frank..;)