Danny D

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
Quote from Danny D. doing an accu-stats match. "There's 2 things wrong with me. One is I have a bad memory, and I forgot the other one."

Folks don't know what they've missed not hanging around the poolroom.

stljohnny

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
blackeee said:
Quote from Danny D. doing an accu-stats match. "There's 2 things wrong with me. One is I have a bad memory, and I forgot the other one."

I heard one from him the other day that went something like "look at this? he's shooting left-handed. the guy's amphibious!"

I was watching at work and damn near spit out my coffee.

Rodan

Verified Member
Pool Room Quotes

Pool Room Quotes

blackeee said:

One time Omaha Fats dropped into Grady's old pool room
in Colorado Springs and said, "I just busted three guys in
Kansas City. Unfortunately, they were my backers."

Rodan.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I was playing in NY and playing a good player, I make a great shot and an older fella who used to be a top player said "Let's take this kid on the road." . I miss the next shot right after which was fairly easy and he says "We wont need much gas." . :D

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
Fast Lenny said:
I was playing in NY and playing a good player, I make a great shot and an older fella who used to be a top player said "Let's take this kid on the road." . I miss the next shot right after which was fairly easy and he says "We wont need much gas." . :D

Quick witted he is.:)

cuesmith

Verified Member
stljohnny said:
I heard one from him the other day that went something like "look at this? he's shooting left-handed. the guy's amphibious!"

I was watching at work and damn near spit out my coffee.
Danny is one of my best friends. He's told me that this funny statement he made was used by Allen Hopkins to keep him off ESPN doing commentary. Of course he was just kidding, and I also feel it was a very funny, quick witted saying, but apparently Allen told ESPN that he shouldn't be considered as an ESPN commentator because of his command of the English language, because he didn't know the difference between ambidextrous and amphibious. I think maybe it's Allen who's lacking in this respect.

Sherm