Till We Weii Again Thread

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
since we wont have any "what would you do " shot selection threads for awhile until the wizard of weii gets his act together
i started this thread for anyone to post any story or comment you want relating to 1p or pool
every post can be a hijack :)
so if any of you want to share a great match you were in or saw,
decribe a shot that to this day you still remember tell us the circumstances and why it stands out.
this is the place to contribute if there isnt a thread you want to answer and want to share something
think of this thread as the
"rain delay fill the time" thread,

Skin

Verified Member
Looks like you're on IGNORE here, Larry, so I'll post something. I learned more lately about risk/reward. It's amazing how a game can be blown when you're ahead due to nothing else but increasing risk to get an unnecessary reward.

For example, I was ahead 4-0. I had a stop shot to get to five with position to play a good move & leave. I am a big favorite to win from there. But, instead of doing that, I got greedy and loaded up the cb with draw to get on the other balls I needed to go out. I threw the ob off line, it rattled and went right over to his hole. He got five balls off that and eventually won. My brilliant :) early game play to maneuver myself into a winning position went right down the potty hole, all because I increased my risk for a reward I didn't need.

Moral of the story: if you're going to take a risk, make sure it is for a reward you need to win the game. Otherwise, keep yo' head, fool. :eek:

Skin

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
skin i reaaly do appreciate your replies to my thread so that its greater than zero:)
your point is well taken.
i know that since im a b player (c??) at best my comments are often ignored but im getting better because i keep trying and dont take no for an answer,

Last edited:

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
lll said:
since we wont have any "what would you do " shot selection threads for awhile until the wizard of weii gets his act together
i started this thread for anyone to post any story or comment you want relating to 1p or pool
every post can be a hijack :)
so if any of you want to share a great match you were in or saw,
decribe a shot that to this day you still remember tell us the circumstances and why it stands out.
this is the place to contribute if there isnt a thread you want to answer and want to share something
think of this thread as the
"rain delay fill the time" thread,

The greatest 1-pckt I've ever seen {on DVD} was in the 06 DCC. Reyes-Parica, Reyes-pagulayan and Reyes-Miller. Can't get much better than that. The greatest shot--Reyes 2-rail kick in the SRO vs Strickland. Hill-hill for the match.