Road Scholar DVD?

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
Have a good week

Have a good week

Cowboy Dennis said:
Agreed. I have the 5 tape set of RA vs DD and also have the condensed dvd. I've never watched the dvd and can't imagine ever doing so.

And I'm not po'd but if you want 11-5 you can have it on a 5 x 10 snooker table. Just come and get it:eek: :D .

I do not forsee being in the Detroit area any time soon. But then I do not forsee, off-table, a great deal, being, or trying to be, one of those 'here and now' creatures. But that sure does sound like fun in spite of the little voice whispering in both my ears: like most folks I have outrun the nuts from time to time but the old addage of the race not being always won by the swift nor the battle by the strong has, I dislike admitting, not a little truth to it ....[been well trapped before but almost always with my own complicity].

Is that the snooker table with the American ball set and the pockets set to English ball dimensions? Or the one with the clay balls and the elephant-turd sized bar-box cue ball? At least it isn't one of those English 6x12's with the fuzzy cloth .... lol.

And should I ever be up your way, I will give you a shout if only because I would like to meet you. I'll pick up some free money in Chicago on my way and table time will be on me.

I'll have to round up that DD v RA set again ... funny how the mic just gave RA one more shark move .....

Dave

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
fred bentivegna said:
I'm not gonna stop bumping this thread until I get the 2 month run that the f"n Ghost got for his f'n T-Shirts!!

Shamelessly yours,
the Beard

I'm gonna help you on your mission.

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
fred bentivegna said:
A few of the fellas here on 1pkt.org have the DVD. It would be interesting to hear what they thought about it.

Beard

I enjoyed what little there was of it.

I see what you meant about the sound quality though, there probably was alot of good stuff that was just no good because it wasn't miked good.

Theres a little lying going on......looks like when someone talks about someone else its true but when they're talking about themselves theres a little bullshit added.

Thats what I like about you Fred, you've given your bad along with your good.

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
B

B

fred bentivegna said:
A few other forum guys have the DVD. What do they have to say about it?

Beard

I bought mine from the Beard. I liked it enough to give it an over all grade of a solid "B". "A" is reserved for Accu-Stats, "Banks that don't go but do", Grady's DVDs, etc.

"Road Scholars" was not long enough. Editing it down to just an hour also caused me to edit the finished product grade down to a B. There were some good parts and also parts that were somewhat dry. If this was extended out to another hour or so, the odds are there would be even more of the stories and banter that attracted the buyers to this product.

*Note....The Beard did process, handle & ship this DVD super fast. Fred always is top notch when it comes to delivering items ordered from him in a speedy and efficient manner. And yes, that was another shameless plug for my bud! :)

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Reason for edit

Reason for edit

Terry Ardeno said:
I bought mine from the Beard. I liked it enough to give it an over all grade of a solid "B". "A" is reserved for Accu-Stats, "Banks that don't go but do", Grady's DVDs, etc.

"Road Scholars" was not long enough. Editing it down to just an hour also caused me to edit the finished product grade down to a B. There were some good parts and also parts that were somewhat dry. If this was extended out to another hour or so, the odds are there would be even more of the stories and banter that attracted the buyers to this product.

*Note....The Beard did process, handle & ship this DVD super fast. Fred always is top notch when it comes to delivering items ordered from him in a speedy and efficient manner. And yes, that was another shameless plug for my bud! :)

Ok, the main reason for the edit from 8 hrs to a little over 1. I have backed off telling the reason for the short count on the tape long enough. The main reason the total tape was corrupted and the time limited was an old pal's medical condition. Jimmy Reid, who has been in bad shape for the last few years, a miracle he is still alive, was medded up to the max. Anybody who knows Jimmy knows that it is a mistake for a croaker to give him a straight ticket to legal meds, whether he really needs them or not. Jimmy literally, could not stop talking, and what he was saying had absolutely nothing to do with what the designated speaker was talking about. It was just a constant maniacal jabber directly into whatever story was being told. You couldnt have stopped him with a death threat -- as some of us even tried.

Beard