Poll/Not a Poll.. Picture size - Please respond

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
I am curious to what all of our users have here for screen resolution.

The test is simple here. Below is a 1024 width image. Please reply with a simple answer.

A. I see the whole image and I do NOT need to use the scrollbar at the bottom of the post to scroll right to see the whole image

B. I cannot see the whole image, I DO have to use the scrollbar at the bottom of the post to scroll right to see the whole image.

Thanks for the replies, it will help to understanding image size and what is most compatible to all of our users here.

mycue1024.jpg

CaliRed said:

The test is simple here. Below is a 1024 width image. Please reply with a simple answer.

A. I see the whole image and I do NOT need to use the scrollbar at the bottom of the post to scroll right to see the whole image

B. I cannot see the whole image, I DO have to use the scrollbar at the bottom of the post to scroll right to see the whole image.

Thanks for the replies, it will help to understanding image size and what is most compatible to all of our users here.

View attachment 1243

For me, it's "A". I can see the whole image and then some :)

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
CaliRed, since you ask - I had to scroll a little to get it all. This is because my tool bar is vertical on the left side, and I don't know how that happened or what to do about it. It moves around on the screen every now and then, for no reason I can see. I'm pretty much computer clueless. :eek:

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
vapros said:
CaliRed, since you ask - I had to scroll a little to get it all. This is because my tool bar is vertical on the left side, and I don't know how that happened or what to do about it. It moves around on the screen every now and then, for no reason I can see. I'm pretty much computer clueless. :eek:

hehe, if your talking about your windows toolbar (the thing that has the Start button on it) if that somehow got on the left side of your monitor, you can move it back down to the bottom by left clicking any empty part of the bar, and while continuing to hold down the left click button, drag it to the bottom and then let go. If it won't move, check that it's unlocked by right clicking any empty area of it and uncheck the lock tool bar

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I am also an "A" ...your pic only takes up about 3/4 of my screen.

Last edited:

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
CaliRed said:

View attachment 1243

Do have to scroll to right.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I can see for miles, and miles, and miles, and miles...oops, sorry, had an acid flashback there for a minute...I meant to say, I can see the whole pic...:D

- Ghosty

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Greg
when i first open up to the site i need to scroll to the right a bit since the left border of the page is "off" to the right alittle
if i click the "maximize "sqare when the page gets bigger i dont have to scroll to the right.
hope i explained this in a way you understand
larry

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
lll said:
Greg
when i first open up to the site i need to scroll to the right a bit since the left border of the page is "off" to the right alittle
if i click the "maximize "sqare when the page gets bigger i dont have to scroll to the right.
hope i explained this in a way you understand
larry

Larry,

You would be a "A".

I think I understand. You are experiencing the "IE won't open up maximized" problem. If you type that in a search engine, you will see pages and pages of people complaining about this. I have had this problem here and there, for the past 10 years. Then again, I tend to wipe my PC clean quite a bit, so that ALWAYS works.:D

You can try this method.. the stretch, stretch, close, close method. Stretching is done by holding your mouse at the very corner tip of the window until it changes to a arrow pointing both ways and then drag to get bigger.

Open a webpage. Stretch it out to fullsize. Don't use maximize.
Choose any link on that webpage and right-click> open in a new window.
Stretch that second window out to the desired size- don't use maximize.
Close the first IE window. Then close that second resized window

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
CaliRed said:
Larry,

You would be a "A".

I think I understand. You are experiencing the "IE won't open up maximized" problem. If you type that in a search engine, you will see pages and pages of people complaining about this. I have had this problem here and there, for the past 10 years. Then again, I tend to wipe my PC clean quite a bit, so that ALWAYS works.:D

You can try this method.. the stretch, stretch, close, close method. Stretching is done by holding your mouse at the very corner tip of the window until it changes to a arrow pointing both ways and then drag to get bigger.

Open a webpage. Stretch it out to fullsize. Don't use maximize.
Choose any link on that webpage and right-click> open in a new window.
Stretch that second window out to the desired size- don't use maximize.
Close the first IE window. Then close that second resized window
thanks greg