What Ball Did I Make?

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
Don't forget though, you advocates of the bank on the 4ball...it's not like I summarily dismissed that shot when I was in the game - I know the shot and have shot it many times...as I said in my page1 post, copied above - If the cueball was an inch higher, thus increasing my likelihood of making it - I would have shot it...:cool:

- Man of many names

PS, And one more thing, on the real table, the cueball may have actually been 1/2 inch lower/and to the left than how I tried to portray it in the wei-diagram..

No one (except maybe Dennis) has re-arrainged more balls, from their initial position, on his original WEI layout,...than you "O' Man of many names"...This has not gone unnoticed, by those of us who always seem to find shots much more suitable, than your feeble attempts/choices...Heh, heh..:eek: :eek: :eek:

The "Always Alert" Duck <---Thinks Clare or Sunnyone or Fanny, can make up their minds better than the bumbling Mr. Ghost...And they are women, for Chrissake !!!..:eek:

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
wincardona said:
Rod, I hit this version of the shot about 5 times and I find that it's a much more risky way of playing it. You have possible controll problems with the head ball (5 ball) and the shot is more difficult to hit accurately, not my preference, but a very good shot if hit well.

Billy I.
I would like to talk about the difficulty of the hit with using outside english, opposed to the difficulty of the hit shooting the same shot with inside english. Shooting this shot with inside (left hand) english you are striking the cue ball on the left side with your tip, which is the same side of the cue ball you are aiming with for the hit. Whenever you hit the cue ball on the same side that your aiming the cue ball with for accuracy you get a better picture of how to hit it in terms of accuracy. On this particular shot it is crucial for you to hit it accurately, not only to controll the 4 ball bank, but also to controll the head ball (5 ball). Shooting this shot with outside english(right hand) you need to controll the head ball (5 ball)and that will require a good hit. Understanding this makes this shot with outside english not nearly as appealing as the same shot with inside english, because of the demand for accuracy, which is compromised with the outside english. For those who didn't understand this, will now have a better chance of succeeding.

This just doesn't apply to this particular shot, this is a technique that should be understood that will help you play better pool in general.

Billy I.

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
wincardona said:
I would like to talk about the difficulty of the hit with using outside english, opposed to the difficulty of the hit shooting the same shot with inside english. Shooting this shot with inside (left hand) english you are striking the cue ball on the left side with your tip, which is the same side of the cue ball you are aiming with for the hit. Whenever you hit the cue ball on the same side that your aiming the cue ball with for accuracy you get a better picture of how to hit it in terms of accuracy. On this particular shot it is crucial for you to hit it accurately, not only to controll the 4 ball bank, but also to controll the head ball (5 ball). Shooting this shot with outside english(right hand) you need to controll the head ball (5 ball)and that will require a good hit. Understanding this makes this shot with outside english not nearly as appealing as the same shot with inside english, because of the demand for accuracy, which is compromised with the outside english. For those who didn't understand this, will now have a better chance of succeeding.

This just doen't apply to this particular shot, this is a technique that should be understood that will help you play better pool in general.

Billy I.

Agreed Bill...But either way, it is still better than the shot the "Man of many names" chose to shoot, in that situation...If he plays that way at DCC...I will have a healthy serving of "ROAST GHOST"...:D :D :D (see post #62)

PS..All this from a guy, (me) who needs about 9/6, to have a fair game...:eek:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SJDinPHX said:
You know, I have to agree with the Ghost's shot here...especially with him doing the kicking...because after all, I learned my lesson once before betting against him shooting a kick shot - it cost me money!...oh wait, that's right, I forgot - it didn't cost me money, because I never paid off the bet!...:eek:

Oh Papie, have you no shame...:p :D :p

- M. O. M. N.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
SJDinPHX said:
Agreed Bill...But either way, it is still better than the shot the "Man of many names" chose to shoot, in that situation...If he plays that way at DCC...I will have a healthy serving of "ROAST GHOST"...:D
This could be a match worth streaming, possibly TAR could be persuaded to give you guys some air time. In the TAR room they have the ability to go back and forth between matches, especially if they carry a high rate of interest.:D

Billy I.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
Oh Papie, have you no shame...:p :D :p

- M. O. M. N.

You do realize your stupid "post editing", is entering dangerous waters...:eek:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
wincardona said:
This could be a match worth streaming, possibly TAR could be persuaded to give you guys some air time. In the TAR room they have the ability to go back and forth between matches, especially if they carry a high rate of interest.:D

Billy I.

The only thing that may make it interesting, is watching the M.O.M. N., play about 95% above his comfort zone......:p

PS..Ever seen a Ghost squirm ? (I guarantee you he won't be doing any of his stupid kick shots...:eek:)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
SJDinPHX said:
The only thing that may make it interesting, is watching the M.O.M. N., play about 95% above his comfort zone......:p

PS..Ever seen a Ghost squirm ? (I guarantee you he won't be doing any of his stupid kick shots...:eek:)
This is definetly a match that's going to be entertaining to watch, i'll be there, I hope. Kinda wondering who's going to show up, Bruce or The Ghost??:eek:

Billy I.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
(I guarantee you he won't be doing any of his stupid kick shots...:eek:)
Ducky,

You accidently wrote "stupid kick shots", must've hit the wrong keys or something. I'm sure you meant to write "intelligent, well-chosen & executed shots":D .

Cowboy "just trying to help" Dennis

Skin

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
I...missed the combination, and instead hit smack in the face of the 2ball and made it ....here's what my shot looked like >>>

- Ghost

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AbIL4BWpg4CbId3DAUJ3EATY4GTfh3HATr4PYWV4VWpg4VdGr4kYWV2kbwL2kOro4kWYV4kYMR4kYMR4kaCO@[/CUETABLE]

That's just called "shittin' one in", isn't it?

Skin

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Skin said:
That's just called "shittin' one in", isn't it?

Skin

Hold it Skin !...We've got a guy (RBL) chimin' in here, who doesn't believe in "luck"

You must have forgot the dressing down he gave Clarebaby for even bringing it up..:rolleyes: :eek: :p :D

Last edited:

Skin

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
Hold it Skin !...We've got a guy (RBL) chimin' in here, who doesn't believe in "luck"

You must have forgot the dressing down he gave Clarebaby for even bringing it up..:rolleyes: :eek: :p :D

He should count himself as lucky that she didn't give him the treatment a coupla other guys got when they crossed her. beatle hasn't been back since then as far as I can tell. ;)

Skin

Skin

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Yep, obviously that's what it was...so what's your point?

It was a question, not a point.

Well actually, there was a point but I don't see any smileys in your reply so I am not sayin'. Don't want you gittin' all stirred up and takin' to name callin' like before...you know. ;) :D

Skin

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
Yep, obviously that's what it was...so what's your point?

Lets not get our panties in a bunch now, be nice to the man...Actually, he was just stating a FACT...:p :p :p

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Skin said:
It was a question, not a point.

Well actually, there was a point but I don't see any smileys in your reply so I am not sayin'. Don't want you gittin' all stirred up and takin' to name callin' like before...you know. ;) :D

Skin

Ok, I didn't want to speak in public, I was going to just let it go, or send you a pm, which I'm still going to...but since you're playing innocent right now, and since Papie doesn't know the reason why I responded with no smileys, and has the wrong idea re. my reaction to you, I now need to say this much anyway...

Skin, you don't realize that I saw it...but late Friday night, right after I first posted this thread, you were the first person to post - and for no reason at all, you posted a nasty worded response to me....I gotta say, I was pretty much shocked by it....five minutes later your post was gone - you decided to remove it - but I saw it.....I guess you still have a problem with me because I posted that joking post at you several months ago - but I apologized for that post, and I thought that was over and forgotten - I guess not.

- Ghost