D. DiLiberto vs. A. Hopkins 1991 L.O.P.- Philadelphia Style

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
gulfportdoc said:
Agreed. I'd watched some of the other match videos from that event, and the corner pockets on those Murray's appeared to be 4-3/4" minimum; maybe wider. Real "shooters" tables.

Doc
Cardone or Beanie said the pockets were 5" BUT they had a deep shelf. I think they were serious. Nobody ever jawed up a ball that I remember.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
all out

all out

For offense go all out on the 6,for defense carom the 6 off the ball next/below the 9 ball and send it towards your pocket and hold the cue where it strikes the 6......

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
Why did Hopkins stop playing ... the EXPO thing wasnt the reason (that didnt start till years later) I loved to watch him play one-hole ... he could squeeze (play safe) like nobody else at the time.

bstroud

Verified Member
I like the spin bank on the 6 ball also but again it all depends on the pocket size.

On a table like mine with 4" pockets I would need to think about it.

On larger pockets I would shoot it with speed. This and similar banks where the cue ball is in or near my pocket are banks I practice a lot. It is the only way you get a feel for speed and spin.

Put the cue ball in the pocket and the object less than 6" away to start. Not as hard as it looks.

Bill Stroud